Future Processed Bama signee!

pologuy24

He injured his knee playing high school soccer?? I bet Saban is sooo pissed at him.

A guy that size palying soccer that is scary. I hope his surgery goes well.

All he has signed is a letter of intent, not a scholarship.  But "a source within Alabama's football program confirmed the injury and reiterated that it does not change anything with Tomlinson coming to the University of Alabama".  We will see, now if Nick Saban personally put in writing and gave his word while it was being broadcast to the whole world...  :-X

If I was Dalvin I would be worried because that letter of intent he signed has his hands tied to the tide for now.  Bama, on the other hand, signed more players than they have room for so who knows whether they will actually sign Dalvin to a scholarship when the time comes and cut another player or just not sign Dalvin.  They don't have to decide right now and even if they have decided, they don't have to play their hand until August, or some time before this fall.  Personally, I don't like his chances and this is why you don't want to sign a NLI to someone as unethical as Saban.

Actually, the Updykes claim one of the reasons they signed him is his athleticism for such a big man.  They knew and encouraged him to play soccer.  Too early for possible "processing".

All he has signed is a letter of intent, not a scholarship.  But "a source within Alabama's football program confirmed the injury and reiterated that it does not change anything with Tomlinson coming to the University of Alabama".  We will see, now if Nick Saban personally put in writing and gave his word while it was being broadcast to the whole world...  :-X

If I was Dalvin I would be worried because that letter of intent he signed has his hands tied to the tide for now.  Bama, on the other hand, signed more players than they have room for so who knows whether they will actually sign Dalvin to a scholarship when the time comes and cut another player or just not sign Dalvin.  They don't have to decide right now and even if they have decided, they don't have to play their hand until August, or some time before this fall.  Personally, I don't like his chances and this is why you don't want to sign a NLI to someone as unethical as Saban.

When an athlete signs a NLI, he must at the same time be given the terms of the schollie offer and are bound to that school for one year and the school to them for one year(not sure how the 4 year schollies will affect this). Only thing that can affect this is the athlete not gaining admission to the school or I guess they could give an outright release.

Tomlinson would be red-shirted his true freshman year anyway, he'll have 12-18 months to heal up and get ready for 2013 playing time. 

The kid is an all-state wrestler multiple times and plays soccer on top of being the right height/weight to be a DT at the college level (assuming he progresses in a college weight program).  The athleticism is obvious.  I would expect he will be surgically repaired, rehabbed and ready to play for the dark side after a redshirt year...unfortunately.  IF, I repeat IF, he does get processed, I sure hope he goes to a team with a fan base that hates uat that gives him the opportunity to exact revenge on the pint-size tyrant...hmmmm, I have a few suggestions!  laugh.gif

The kid is an all-state wrestler multiple times and plays soccer on top of being the right height/weight to be a DT at the college level (assuming he progresses in a college weight program).  The athleticism is obvious.  I would expect he will be surgically repaired, rehabbed and ready to play for the dark side after a redshirt year...unfortunately.  IF, I repeat IF, he does get processed, I sure hope he goes to a team with a fan base that hates uat that gives him the opportunity to exact revenge on the pint-size tyrant...hmmmm, I have a few suggestions!  laugh.gif

He is a remarkable athlete, and from what I've heard he's a hard worker in the weight room.  Plenty of time to rehab in order to hit the field by 2013 - I don't see tiny processin this one, but who knows. :rolleyes:

I am an assistant wrestling coach in the same region as Dalvin. He's a good kid who works really hard. He does not look like your typical heavyweight in a singlet!!! I hate to hear this about him because he's a very respectful kid. He dominates the line of scrimmage at the high school level and already understands the principles of leverage and hand placement because of his wrestling background. When he signed with Bama I was very disappointed because I knew I'd have to cheer against him for his career and that he is the type of under the radar player who could make some noise in a couple of years. Btw, he pinned our 285 in all of 26 seconds!

I am an assistant wrestling coach in the same region as Dalvin. He's a good kid who works really hard. He does not look like your typical heavyweight in a singlet!!! I hate to hear this about him because he's a very respectful kid. He dominates the line of scrimmage at the high school level and already understands the principles of leverage and hand placement because of his wrestling background. When he signed with Bama I was very disappointed because I knew I'd have to cheer against him for his career and that he is the type of under the radar player who could make some noise in a couple of years. Btw, he pinned our 285 in all of 26 seconds!

I hated like heck to see him go to the darksidel. From what I've heard from a family member of mine that attends his HS, he's really gonna be a good one. Sounds like he's a hard worker and a kid with good character as well. A self-motivating type of kid that had his head on straight.  Would have loved to have seen him go anywhere but to the turds.

When an athlete signs a NLI, he must at the same time be given the terms of the schollie offer and are bound to that school for one year and the school to them for one year(not sure how the 4 year schollies will affect this). Only thing that can affect this is the athlete not gaining admission to the school or I guess they could give an outright release.

I don't know what language is in a NLI but I recall before the SEC set the limit to 25 that at least LSU and USCe had to tell players that had signed NLI with them that they did not have a scholarship for them after all and it was because other players they wanted more were able to qualify at the last minute and not because the players that were denied did anything wrong or did not qualify.  In LSU's case it was two players who were on campus and had went through summer workouts.

Tomlinson would be red-shirted his true freshman year anyway, he'll have 12-18 months to heal up and get ready for 2013 playing time. 

Wouldn't Taylor and Philon have had the same opportunity to have been redshirted their Freshmen year and have 12-18 months to heal up? Nicky sure didn't hesitate to drop them, I don't know why he wouldn't this kid (although it was because this kid signed with Saban that he dropped Philon).

Wouldn't Taylor and Philon have had the same opportunity to have been redshirted their Freshmen year and have 12-18 months to heal up? Nicky sure didn't hesitate to drop them, I don't know why he wouldn't this kid (although it was because this kid signed with Saban that he dropped Philon).

Nicky took the most talented of the three, IMO.

I know it sounds heartless and morally low of me to say it....  But, if I had the choice between the three guys,  I'd have probably chosen Tomlnson over the others too. :-[

I know it sounds heartless and morally low of me to say it....  But, if I had the choice between the three guys,  I'd have probably chosen Tomlnson over the others too. :-[

But he had already made his choice in Philon. This would be like dropping your fiance at the alter and marrying the single hot cousin that just walked in the church!

But he had already made his choice in Philon. This would be like dropping your fiance at the alter and marrying the single hot cousin that just walked in the church!

How hot is the cousin? 

How hot is the cousin? 

Is it your cousin or hers?  :o

How hot is the cousin? 

Since we're in Alabama, that question is irrelevant.

How hot is the cousin? 

That is so true  :-X

How hot is the cousin? 

LMFAO!

Archived