This is Auburn Defense!!

bikeriderga

Not knocking Thig, but it wouldn't bother me if he leaves at the end of next year, BVG takes over LB's and we bring back Terry Price to work with DE's.

What? Are u serious...

If he is serious, he has a serious problem.

you want thigpen to leave....oh hell no !!!!!!.......gus leaving was not a bad thing to me,and that was strictly due to things that only a few folks noticed,but this(thig leaving) would really be bad....i am under the suspicion that we are about to become,not a great,but a sound football team this year in all aspects of the game

Not knocking Thig, but it wouldn't bother me if he leaves at the end of next year, BVG takes over LB's and we bring back Terry Price to work with DE's.

You want arguably the best recruiter on our staff to leave?  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Guest jrljr

"What is your Major Malfunction Pvt. Pyle?"    :pcprobs:

My guess is that he won't be saying the saying the same thing by season's end. Thigpen is finally getting a chance to coach his natural position and I think we'll see a big difference in performance this year, and an even bigger one in 2013. We just need another big year in LB recruiting to follow suit. Van Gorder will provide the motivation and the consequences.

If I'm not mistaken, Thig was an All-ACC linebacker at North Carolina and it's his natural position to coach. Joel Erickson said that he feels most comfortable there.

We have one who would trade thig for terry price and one who is glad we lost the best offensive coordinator we have ever had. Just cancel this thread now.

Great post Biker. Brings back fond memories of a great game. Oh, and re: coach Thig--word I hear is that he is rock solid and the very real deal as a coach and secodly as a recruiter. He brings a lot to the pic nic.

first, you should apologize to thig

second, you should apologize to the ae family

third, you should hide ... i heard wade christopher has a soft spot in his iron heart for thig and you should be afraid, very afraid ...

;)

first, you should apologize to thig

second, you should apologize to the ae family

third, you should hide ... i heard wade christopher has a soft spot in his iron heart for thig and you should be afraid, very afraid ...

;)

I would say 5 Hail Cam's after being baptized in the Jordan Hare River, but that's just me.  :tease:

Anyone else remember the 06 LSU game ? That was a slobberknocking defensive showing. THAT is what I am wanting to see again.

Anyone else remember the 06 LSU game ? That was a slobberknocking defensive showing. THAT is what I am wanting to see again.

Yes BPI, I remember that game very well. I think it was the hardest hitting games I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of AU football. Brutal is probably the one word that best describes it.

Yes BPI, I remember that game very well. I think it was the hardest hitting games I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of AU football. Brutal is probably the one word that best describes it.

And the whining after the game was amazing... by the butt hurt LSU AND bama fans.

It was a physical game..brutal..but the offenses did not put a lot of pressure on the defense...tubs and Saban played relatively conservative on offense. I am all for solids defense but I will lose it if the offense schemes look like that game...UF had a diverse offense under Meyer and a solid defense, USC of 04 great offense and solid defense...I woukd like to see balance ...but more importantly wins

Archived