Auburn vs Alabama Game 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama threatens in the bottom of the 2nd. Had 2nd and 3rd one out.  Kendall snags a line drive back to the mound then doubles the runner off 3rd.  Still scoreless going to the 3rd.

*the double play could be a momentum shift for us, I've been waiting for us to catch a break this weekend, maybe things start back in our direction.

Great play by that third baseman unfortunately, once again the ball is being hit hard today, it's just gonna come down to which team starts finding the gaps.

Good things happen when you can actually get the bunt down!

I was just thinking that DG probably had to practice his bunts this week... :laugh:

AU leads 1-0 in the 3rd.

Will Kendall goes out with an undisclosed injury.  It appears as though he has pulled or strained something.  That would be devastating if he is out for an extended period.

Safety squeeze works!!!! Auburn leads 3-1.

-I'm never a huge fan of bunting, but bunting against a team like Alabama can usually pay off.  Alabama doesn't field the ball well and they've not executed in fielding bunts.  CJP basically bunts all the time, sometimes its bad situations, sometimes like today I think it works pretty well.

Tella did a great job in his at bat. After CJP came out to talk to him after the count was run to 2-0 the pitcher made an obvious pick off to first and Tella squared around like he was still bunting when he saw that it was clearly a throw to first. Then the next pitch he singles to left. Little things like that make me love this game so much. War Eagle.

I am in the vast minority here....but the bunt has been pretty good for AU this season. With the new bats, improved AU pitching and our roster of pretty fast kids ....it is what it is.

And the squeeze is one of my favorite plays in baseball.

Here's hoping WK is facing anything serious. WDE Will.

Yea, we don't seem to be swinging the bats as well this weekend either. Hopefully Slade steps up big.

We had 16 hits last night. We just couldn't score runs.

Great play....might have saved the game with that one...

Yea, we don't seem to be swinging the bats as well this weekend either. Hopefully Slade steps up big.

We had 16 hits last night. We just couldn't score runs.

We have a tendency to do that because a couple of kids are really struggling right now.

I am in the vast minority here....but the bunt has been pretty good for AU this season. With the new bats, improved AU pitching and our roster of pretty fast kids ....it is what it is.

And the squeeze is one of my favorite plays in baseball.

Here's hoping WK is facing anything serious. WDE Will.

If I offend anyone with this it isn't my intention. Most people that don't like the small ball game, either A) don't know that much about baseball or B) don't really care or follow baseball and just keep up with Auburn (or whichever team) because they love that school. Most people don't like baseball because it's generally a slow game as far as action goes. It's not constant action like football and basketball. I can see how those people wouldn't like to see bunts etc. they want to see batters hitting home runs every other at bat.

Archived