Auburn vs Alabama Game 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the vast minority here....but the bunt has been pretty good for AU this season. With the new bats, improved AU pitching and our roster of pretty fast kids ....it is what it is.

And the squeeze is one of my favorite plays in baseball.

Here's hoping WK is facing anything serious. WDE Will.

If I offend anyone with this it isn't my intention. Most people that don't like the small ball game, either A) don't know that much about baseball or B) don't really care or follow baseball and just keep up with Auburn (or whichever team) because they love that school. Most people don't like baseball because it's generally a slow game as far as action goes. It's not constant action like football and basketball. I can see how those people wouldn't like to see bunts etc. they want to see batters hitting home runs every other at bat.

Small ball is great strategy, but it requires execution and that's what tends to make people cringe about small ball. When it's not being executed correctly, not laying bunts down, getting caught stealing, etc. it frustrates the living daylight out of people who feel like if we could've just swung away maybe the team would be more care free and not so tight.

I prefer a mixture, it keeps the game more interesting for the players, it allows them to occasionally swing away, it keeps open the possibility for rallies, and then you also get the 1 run here 1 run there style of small ball as long as its being executed.

I am in the vast minority here....but the bunt has been pretty good for AU this season. With the new bats, improved AU pitching and our roster of pretty fast kids ....it is what it is.

And the squeeze is one of my favorite plays in baseball.

Here's hoping WK is facing anything serious. WDE Will.

If I offend anyone with this it isn't my intention. Most people that don't like the small ball game, either A) don't know that much about baseball or B) don't really care or follow baseball and just keep up with Auburn (or whichever team) because they love that school. Most people don't like baseball because it's generally a slow game as far as action goes. It's not constant action like football and basketball. I can see how those people wouldn't like to see bunts etc. they want to see batters hitting home runs every other at bat.

Small ball is great strategy, but it requires execution and that's what tends to make people cringe about small ball. When it's not being executed correctly, not laying bunts down, getting caught stealing, etc. it frustrates the living daylight out of people who feel like if we could've just swung away maybe the team would be more care free and not so tight.

I prefer a mixture, it keeps the game more interesting for the players, it allows them to occasionally swing away, it keeps open the possibility for rallies, and then you also get the 1 run here 1 run there style of small ball as long as its being executed.

I agree with you. And CJP has allowed this team to do that a few times.

My gosh....the walk did it again.

Alabama is one of the weakest teams the SEC has seen in a long time. They are giving us their best effort this weekend, but its completely disappointing to lose the series to them.  They will likely finish the SEC season with 6 or 7 wins and at least 2 will come against us.

How do we end up with a tired righty pitching to lefty Dugas with the game on the line?  

Boy I just don't get it.... :banghead:.

I'm aware the following rant is in all caps. HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU LEAVE SLADE SMITH IN THERE TO FACE DUGAS AFTER FOUR INNING OF RELIEF PITCHING? WHY ON EARTH DID WE NOT BRING IN A LEFTY TO FACE HIM AND PICK UP THE SAVE? PAWLOSKI IS REALLY DISSAPOINTING ME THIS SERIES WITH SOME OF THE DECISIONS HE HAS MADE! [/rant]

Don't right pathetic. We were not prepared mentally to win this series. This team wil not win the west or get a regional if we can't play defense and can't stop making dumb basrunning errors. Absolutely pathetic....

Bama has now beat us in all 3 major sports this season.... Disgusting....

I'm aware the following rant is in all caps. HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU LEAVE SLADE SMITH IN THERE TO FACE DUGAS AFTER FOUR INNING OF RELIEF PITCHING? WHY ON EARTH DID WE NOT BRING IN A LEFTY TO FACE HIM AND PICK UP THE SAVE? PAWLOSKI IS REALLY DISSAPOINTING ME THIS SERIES WITH SOME OF THE DECISIONS HE HAS MADE! [/rant]

Same thing last night.  Righty against their best left handed hitter who schools right handed pitchers.  Come on Coach, do your job. 

Archived