Auburn vs Alabama Game 2

I'm aware the following rant is in all caps. HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU LEAVE SLADE SMITH IN THERE TO FACE DUGAS AFTER FOUR INNING OF RELIEF PITCHING? WHY ON EARTH DID WE NOT BRING IN A LEFTY TO FACE HIM AND PICK UP THE SAVE? PAWLOSKI IS REALLY DISSAPOINTING ME THIS SERIES WITH SOME OF THE DECISIONS HE HAS MADE! [/rant]

Same thing last night.  Righty against their best left handed hitter who schools right handed pitchers.  Come on Coach, do your job. 

I am having flash backs to last season. Im just sad to say the base running is actually worse. I will just have to admit I was wrong thinking it would improve.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible time for the team to hit the slumps.. Against Bammer who is in last place.

Not that we played as well as we could have....but the reason bammer was so awful at the start of the seaon was because they had so many freshmen....especially their pitchers. They have loads of talent but those kids were very green. Now they have some games under their belts and they may start winning a few more.

Freshmen getting experience?  Belle, I'm afraid that's not going to fly. 

Bama lost 5 of their six games before the AU series and was swept by UT who had been playing worse than Bama. 

These losses are on the coaches who apparently sleep through ballgames or something.    Even without considering numerous basic errors....I mean how does a cruicial base runner get picked OFF SECOND by two yards? .... for two games in a row they have sat on their thumbs and allowed tired/ineffective pitchers to stay in the game way past the point when they needed relief....only to face the only reliable hitter on the Bama squad with the game on the line.

I'd like to rant in Caps like eagle13 but a couple words should do the trick for now.

Freshmen getting experience?   Belle, I'm afraid that's not going to fly.   

Bama lost 5 of their six games before the AU series and was swept by UT who had been playing worse than Bama.   

These losses are on the coaches who apparently sleep through ballgames or something.    Even without considering numerous basic errors....I mean how does a cruicial base runner get picked OFF SECOND by two yards? .... for two games in a row they have sat on their thumbs and allowed tired/ineffective pitchers to stay in the game way past the point when they needed relief....only to face the only reliable hitter on the Bama squad with the game on the line.

I'd like to rant in Caps like eagle13 but a couple words should do the trick for now.

You misunderstood my post....so I will clarify.

I said AU did not play well. And bammer does have talent. They played pretty well the last 2 games for a variety of reasons, one of them being that they have gained some experience....including a game against us in the Classic. They learned from that loss.

I just wanted to point out that even though bammer has struggled it wasn't because they have nothing in the dugout.

Baseball is a streaky sport. bammer is growing up on the fly, playing at home and AU is having an off weekend.

Because it was a bunt and run and the batter missed the bunt.  Can't blame the base runner.

Because it was a bunt and run and the batter missed the bunt.  Can't blame the base runner.

I don't think it was a bunt and run. If that was the case he should have been thrown out at third not picked off at second. Glevenyak was "fake stealing" for some dumb reason.

I don't think it was a bunt and run. If that was the case he should have been thrown out at third not picked off at second. Glevenyak was "fake stealing" for some dumb reason.

I understand the secondary lead under normal circumstances.  I still think it was a bunt and run.  Yak stopped when he saw the bunt wasn't down.  He was dead either way.  I didn't like the bunt call in that situation anyway.  

Bad loss, no way around it. Very frustrated with some of the coaching decisions and lack of coming thru in the clutch. Lot of ball left though, gotta move on from it.

Very frustrated with some of the coaching decisions

Not encouraging for a coach in his fourth year. Just inexcusable stuff. The patience with Paw and Co. is running thin.

Archived