Does Ole Miss win clinch Atlanta?

tiger1980

If I'm looking at the standings correctly a victory over the Rebels cliches a berth in the championship game.

That plus the payback factor from last year hopefully will keep the team focused this week.

With all that being said, I am very concerned about this week's game. It's a trap waiting to happen on Halloween eve.

Yes it clinches a berth in the SECCG. A win over OM gives us an SEC record of 6-0, which means the worst we can finish would be 6-2. Everyone else in the SEC West has 3 SEC losses except LSU, which has 2. We own the tiebreaker with LSU.

You are correct that the win will be a West clincher for us. However, do not fret about the Ole Miss game. The team will be focused and ready to play. CW in his post-game interview yesterday was already talking about how well Ole Miss defends the run. The team knows what it has to do. Expect another 30-point win.

:au: WDE :au:

I'm not expecting a 30-point win, but I am expecting us to be ready to play...between the way last year's game turned out and the not-so-latent dislike their fans still have for Tuberville, there should be no lack of focus this week.

Yeah, last year's memory plus the opportunity to clinch Atlanta should be enough to get the team focused on the Rebs.

Plus, several players/coachs expressed concern about some of the "sloppiness" in yesterday's game. I suspect there will be a little "extra motivating" by the coaches this week to burn off that sloppiness, and ever time we've turned up the heat in practice this year we've come out and played great games. Our guys can be forgiven for occasionally letting their concentration down against opponenets like Kentucky or The Citadel, but they respond well to serious threats and to intensity at practice.

Ole Miss isn't a sure thing, though. We've got to bring our game and we haven't traveled a lot this year...

I'm feeling a strange anxiety about Auburn football that I don't really ever remember feeling before. It seems to me that that's because we are now most definitely The Hunted.

Do you guys know what I mean? Everyone is just waiting for us to trip and fall so they can tell us how much we suck and how they knew it all along. We've got 2 legitimately tough games left on the regular season schedule, and Ole Miss isn't someone we can ignore either. We just need to remember what happened last year.

I think everyone knows we're going to have to play hard to beat the damn Bulldogs in Auburn. So if we lose that game, if won't be for a lack of focus. These boys know what's on the line. That's gonna be a real good game.

My worst fear, though, is that we underestimate Bama. They hate us as much as we hate them, ya know? And pure hate can be a very powerful motivator. Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes me happier than ruining Bama's season. It is a very non-Christian joy that I take, but I revel in it with no apologies. I just believe that they must feel the same way.

Anyway, I don't want to get ahead of myself.

We've got to win these things ONE GAMES AT A TIME!!!!! :au:

Beat Ole Miss!!!

I'm feeling a strange anxiety about Auburn football that I don't really ever remember feeling before. It seems to me that that's because we are now most definitely The Hunted.

Do you guys know what I mean? Everyone is just waiting for us to trip and fall so they can tell us how much we suck and how they knew it all along. We've got 2 legitimately tough games left on the regular season schedule, and Ole Miss isn't someone we can ignore either. We just need to remember what happened last year.

I think everyone knows we're going to have to play hard to beat the damn Bulldogs in Auburn. So if we lose that game, if won't be for a lack of focus. These boys know what's on the line. That's gonna be a real good game.

My worst fear, though, is that we underestimate Bama. They hate us as much as we hate them, ya know? And pure hate can be a very powerful motivator. Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes me happier than ruining Bama's season. It is a very non-Christian joy that I take, but I revel in it with no apologies. I just believe that they must feel the same way.

Anyway, I don't want to get ahead of myself.

We've got to win these things ONE GAMES AT A TIME!!!!!  :au:

Beat Ole Miss!!!

114363[/snapback]

It's strange, but I feel just the opposite. This team has focused more than any other AU team I can remember. The sloppiness in yesterday's game was a result of being up 21-0 on UK early, knowing the game was won and having no real motivation to bury the worst team in the SEC. I have every confidence in them to get ready for the games as they occur -- they're going to be up for Ole Miss, UGA & uat in due time.

Did anybody else notice how lackadaisacal the rest of the supposedly "top-tier" of the SEC looked yesterday? UT & UGA escaped with close wins & LSU nearly sleepwalked (sleptwalked?) to defeat. Don't even get me started on UF. I think this shows how the length of a season takes its toll on the players.

Speaking of sloppiness, wins by LSU, UGA, and UT this weekend make me think that the SEC may not be quite as competitive as it typically is. Maybe Auburn has just played THAT well so far this year (scary, but it's a nice thought)?

I hope AP writers and the coaches don't get the wrong idea about the play from the weekend. I would hate to see us drop because of another team's incapability to play on a given week.

Archived