Just for fun

Rednilla

Let's hear your class predictions as of the middle of April. Here's mine, with a projected total number of 21:

QB:

Hayden Rettig

Jeremy Johnson

HB:

Ty Isaac

WR:

Earnest Robinson

Isaiah Jones

James Quick

TE:

OJ Howard

OL:

Tyrone Crowder

Jeremi Hall

Joe Fennell

DE:

Carl Lawson

Dee Liner

DT:

Montravious Adams

Kelsey Griffin

LB:

Jarrad Davis

Trey Johnson

Cameron Toney

Reuben Foster

DB:

Kamryn Melton

K:

Daniel Carlson

P:

Jimmy Hutchinson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hear your class predictions as of the middle of April. Here's mine, with a projected total number of 21:

QB:

Hayden Rettig

Jeremy Johnson

HB:

Ty Isaac

WR:

Earnest Robinson

Isaiah Jones

James Quick

TE:

OJ Howard

OL:

Tyrone Crowder

Jeremi Hall

Joe Fennell

DE:

Carl Lawson

Dee Liner

DT:

Montravious Adams

Kelsey Griffin

LB:

Jarrad Davis

Trey Johnson

Cameron Toney

Reuben Foster

DB:

Kamryn Melton

K:

Daniel Carlson

P:

Jimmy Hutchinson

Haven't looked at skill guys as much in this class as I have the past, so I can't make a valid assessment of this list,  but if we could pull off getting Adams, Griffin, Liner and Lawson on the DL it would be the best DL class as far as ratings go that I've ever seen. How high is Griffin on us btw?

I'm not entirely certain at this point; I was going more on the fact that Pelton and Van Gorder have both been recruiting him (as opposed to one or the other) and the presumption that we'll be able to turn him. Pelton, IMO, is an underrated recruiter.

QB- Hayden Rettig

QB- Jeremy Johnson

RB- Tyshon Dye

FB- Josh Anderson

WR- Earnest Robinson

WR- Isaiah Jones

TE- OJ Howard (I think we flip him, going out on a limb mostly here)

OL- Derwin Gray

OG- no idea

DL- Dee Liner

DE- Carl Lawson

DT- Jay Ellison or Rod Crayton (if we offer)

DE- Naim Mustafaa or Frank Herron

DL- one more "best available" guy....hopefully Montravius Adams or Kenny Bigelow

LB- Trey Johnson

LB- Jarrad Davis

LB- Cameron Toney

CB- Kamryn Melton

CB- Jason Smith

S- Vonn Bell

K- Harrison Butker

LS- Trevor Morgan

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

Red, it's funny because I was just going to update that other recruiting thread that we have going ( Next 10), when I saw this one.  Your list is a great list, and pretty doable IMO, except for Foster, and I can't bring myself to get excited about him.  Although recent events appear to look favorable, the turds had done some things that pretty much locked him in before his move to AHS.  I really don't know where that stands now.

I can't really contribute to this thread yet as I haven't really gone through and looked at our recruiting heavily this year. I will say we are building an impressive D so far

DL Liner

DL Lawson

LB Johnson

LB Toney

LB Davis

CB Melton

Just need a few more guys and we have a whole freshman D to throw out there!

PS: I don't think we get Foster. He is recruiting hard for Bama. However I do think Howard is very open to switching. He a freak and would immediately come in and challenge for Lutz's vacant starting spot

QB:

Hayden Rettig

Jeremy Johnson

HB:

Ty Isaac

WR:

Earnest Robinson

Isaiah Jones

James Quick

TE:

OJ Howard

OL:

Tyrone Crowder

Jeremi Hall

Joe Fennell

DE:

Carl Lawson

Dee Liner

DT:

Montravious Adams

Kelsey Griffin

LB:

Jarrad Davis

Trey Johnson

Cameron Toney

Reuben Foster

DB:

Kamryn Melton

K:

Daniel Carlson

P:

Jimmy Hutchinson

Isaac and Crowder seem like stretches to me at this point but other than that everything seems somewhat possible

Honestly, while I do feel I'm going out on a limb with Foster, I think it's more likely that we sign Howard than it is that the turds sign him. In Foster's case, I feel like his proximity to Auburn University and his interaction with two coaches' sons will open the door, and if that happens I think our odds skyrocket. With Howard, I'm not so sure it isn't going to be a similar situation to Yeldon's, at least publicly, with Howard remaining committed to Bama for some time while rumors of him flipping going all over the net, then finally making it official that he is indeed going to Auburn.

Isaac and Crowder seem like stretches to me at this point but other than that everything seems somewhat possible

Crowder is a hunch more than anything else. In Isaac's case, I have no inside information, but I think signing Jordan Diamond is going to help out a great deal. If it weren't for our history with running backs, I don't think we'd stand much chance, but...well, I like our chances.

The next guy in line at RB, IMO, is Dye, whom I would love to have both because he's a great runner and because he has an AWESOME name. :D

Not my top 20 but my best guess based on what I have seen, heard, and read.

QB Jeremy Johnson (Just don't see us signing the big 3, Sandberg my favorite, but he's off the radar apparently)

QB/Ath  Jason Smith

RB  T. Dye

WR  E. Robinson

WR Shelton Gibson

TE  S. Dobard (We flip him if we can't flip Howard)

OT  Derwin Gray (Don't think we flip Golson)

OG Wilson Bell

C  Khaliel Rodgers

DE C. Lawson

DE Ulric Jones

DT D. Liner

DT R. Crayton

LB Trey Johnson

LB Cam Toney

LB J. Davis

CB K. Melton

CB  Noel Ellis

S  Von Bell

Ath  C. Luper

K  Hutchinson

Don't think we make room for any more kickers.  Hope I'm wrong.

QB- Hayden Rettig

QB- Jeremy Johnson

RB- Tyshon Dye

FB- Josh Anderson

WR- Earnest Robinson

WR- Isaiah Jones

OL- Derwin Gray

OG- no idea

DL- Dee Liner

DE- Carl Lawson

DL- one more "best available" guy....hopefully Montravius Adams or Kenny Bigelow

LB- Trey Johnson

LB- Jarrad Davis

LB- Cameron Toney

CB- Kamryn Melton

CB- Jason Smith

S- Vonn Bell

K- Harrison Butker

LS- Trevor Morgan

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

With 8 underclassmen at DB and 12 total coming back in 2013, I can't see us taking three more in this class unless something unexpected happens. I do think we're going to end up taking 4 linebackers one way or another, and I'm not sure we're going to give a scholarship to a long snapper, but I really like the addition of Anderson at FB. Might have to add him to my own prediction, actually.

Oh, and Rod Crayton is one I would have included if he had an offer; is he related to Rodney, the DB from a decade or so ago?

Do you guys think it's more likely we flip a) Howard, B) Foster or c) both?

Earlier this month I would've said A. But I'm now gonna say B.

Do you guys think it's more likely we flip a) Howard, B) Foster or c) both?

d) neither.    I think its more likely we flip Dobard.  I think he would have committed to AU but we probably wanted him to wait because Howard is still No. 1 on our board.  The way things are with committments nowdays can't blame Dobard taking the best deal right now until a better one (AU in this case) comes along.  I wish it wasn't like that ,but it is what it is with about half of these kids.  :we:

QB- JJ, Rettig

RB- Dye

WR- Robinson, Jones

TE- Howard

OL- Gray, Crowder and.....hard to predict but there has to be at least three in this class, right?!

DL- Liner, Lawson, Adams and.....another DL.

LB- Johnson, Toney, Davis

DB- Melton, J.Smith, Bell

K- Hutch, Butker

Ok I'm just gunna say that I'd like to see us offer my boy Jordan Sterns. I know he's not rated but I played with this guy when he was a Sophmore and he started on our 5A State Championship team in TEXAS lol and he's just a freak of an athlete. He plays RB,DB,SS,WR.  :we:

Ok I'm just gunna say that I'd like to see us offer my boy Jordan Sterns. I know he's not rated but I played with this guy when he was a Sophmore and he started on our 5A State Championship team in TEXAS lol and he's just a freak of an athlete. He plays RB,DB,SS,WR.  :we:

A classmate of mine had over 30 offers, but he didn't sign a single one.

Here's mine

QB- Rettig

QB- Johnson

RB- Dye

TE- Howard

WR- Robinson

WR- Gibson

WR- Jones

OT- Gray

OG- Rodgers

DT- Adams

DT- Ellison

DE- Liner

DE- Lawson

LB- Williams

LB- Toney

LB- Davis

CB- Melton

S- Bell

ATH- J. Smith

P- Hutchinson

K- Butker

I see a lot of people talking up Vonn Bell at safety.  I'd love to get him, cuz it sounds like he's arguably the best safety prospect in the country.  But are we significantly in the mix for him?  Has he visited?  What did he think?

I see a lot of people talking up Vonn Bell at safety.  I'd love to get him, cuz it sounds like he's arguably the best safety prospect in the country.  But are we significantly in the mix for him?  Has he visited?  What did he think?

We offered, I believe he was on campus for junior day, and at that time was high on us. I think right now, he is high on UGA and tOSU. We're in his top group. I don't think he has indicated when he plans on committing.

I played with Malcolm Brown  :D

I played with Malcolm Brown  :D

Which one? There's like 40. And they all seem to go to Texas.  :timeout:

QB- Hayden Rettig

QB- Jeremy Johnson

RB- Tyshon Dye

FB- Josh Anderson

WR- Earnest Robinson

WR- Isaiah Jones

OL- Derwin Gray

OG- no idea

DL- Dee Liner

DE- Carl Lawson

LB- Trey Johnson

LB- Jarrad Davis

LB- Cameron Toney

CB- Kamryn Melton

CB- Jason Smith

S- Vonn Bell

K- Harrison Butker

LS- Trevor Morgan

P- Jimmy Hutchinson

I think your list is pretty darn close except I think we might sign a 4th LB. I don't think you are going out on a limb at all with putting Howard on your list at TE because I think we will in fact flip him. Finally, I think that Ulric Jones will be there. 

Archived