THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Wait a second.....an Alabama player has admitted to beating a person unconscious and stealing...a LAPTOP????? Wow..

Apple Macbook Pro, ate it thinking it was a dessert from Mickey Ds. Police are waiting for the evidence to be returned as we speak.

I think tt and a4e live around B'ham area. I just heard Cooper Green Hosp. is closing. Anyone know why?

Plus another question I think Cooper Green is 3 or 4 block from the VA Hosp. My question is was the VA hosp torn down and replaced in the same location its always been. My Dad who was a disable vet from WWII stayed in the VA Hosp. in San Francisco for 4 years and then was moved to the B'ham VA for 2 more years. I have alot of memories good and bad from that VA Hosp. I can still smell the smells of the B'ham VA. There is no way its still the same building its has to be new.

The VA is part of UAB's campus in a way. They get a lot of student nurses and folks doing clinicals from UAB, nice help. They have upgraded it on occassion, but I've been in the place one time and that was a long time ago, I have very little knowledge of the place.

Cooper Green Mercy is a medium size city/county sponsored hospital, mostly indigent care. They have closed everything but a day clinic of some sort and all Cooper Green emergency has been shifted to UAB. Jefferson County is a prime example of how hayseeds should not get mixed up with Wall Street bond makers and expect to get kissed, you will only get screwed. The county is all but insolvent and if you stand still long enough they will cut you too, in hopes of saving a quarter. Hell on earth.

Edited by telling tiger

There is no way the VA is still in the same building. I mean we're talking about the 50's when I was going to see my Dad. How can you upgrade a 70 year old building. Hell it didn't even air cond. back then.