Sir Charles our best frenemy

AUBourne

I love chuck he says what he feels. Sometimes he says what needs to be said. He was just being funny like any joke some may think it's funny some may not

I like the dude. Yea, he has said some stupid crap and also some stuff I don't agree with. That doesn't mean I dislike him though. Very funny sometimes. IMO.

I don't understand why some Auburn people give Barkley a free pass because he played at Auburn. He has called Auburn University racists, cheaters, academic frauds, you name it. But people say, oh, that's just Charles being Charles. Well, a lot of people outside of Auburn believe what he says. He is an IDIOT.

Personally, I thought it was funny.  What's the big deal people.... Seriously?

If it was just this time yea, I agree, it would be funny. This is the about the 6th time.

You take Charles way too seriously. For the amount of money he has contributed to Auburn, I think he can pop a joke up every now and then. Has anything he has said truly hurt Auburn permanently? Sure he'll say something stupid every once in awhile but he is also the first to tell you that he wouldn't be where he is at today without AU.

Anybody that is overly concerned that someone might believe what Charles says needs to get a grip on themselves. Charles is a provocateur and makes a handsome living offering up his perspectives on things. I take everything he says wiuth agrain of salt and with regard to someone actuallly taking anything he says to heart-thats their problem. Dude's a hoot!

Maybe everything that Charles says needs to be in yellow. :)

Some witch named Lauren Sisler showed the clip on Channel 42 this morning and then made the comment afterward that it was an NCAA violation. She completely ignored the fact that Charles was laughing when he made these comments which would indicate he was just joking. She must be a bammer

Charles is a big idiot, but you can tell when he's joking and when he's not. He is clearly joking around here. I still have issue with his diarrhea of the mouth. I think he could have told the Dirk story without bringing up Cam.

Some witch named Lauren Sisler showed the clip on Channel 42 this morning and then made the comment afterward that it was an NCAA violation. She completely ignored the fact that Charles was laughing when he made these comments which would indicate he was just joking. She must be a bammer

Don't you know that it is a prerequisite that TV sportscasters in the Birmingham market must be bammers. 

Charles may be an idiot...but he ain't stupid.  He knows the quickest way to get some notariety is to say something negative about AU.  Even when it's spoken in jest, ESPN and the bammer media will jump all over it....just perpetuates their "popular perception".

Charles has said some things in the past that ring very true, about this entire state. Dragged into the correct century while still kicking, screaming and living in the past. Face it, sometimes the truths hurt and people get angry when it is said. It is America, he has freedom of speech and I'm sure is really concerned about the various opinions of it or not.

I don't understand why some Auburn people give Barkley a free pass because he played at Auburn. He has called Auburn University racists, cheaters, academic frauds, you name it. But people say, oh, that's just Charles being Charles. Well, a lot of people outside of Auburn believe what he says. He is an IDIOT.

Don't care for him either. Like a lot of celebs, uses his status to say what is on his mind. JMO but if this was anyone that didn't grad from AU and did not have his status a lot of people on here would have a problem with his coments.  :pcprobs:

When you get ticked off because people are quick to brand Auburn as a bunch of cheaters, thank people like Charles.

Charles may say some things that not everybody likes, but he has supported Auburn financially and with a number of acts of kindness to Auburn men and women through the years that aren't made public.  He loves Auburn, and I'm glad he's one of us.

Charles may say some things that not everybody likes, but he has supported Auburn financially and with a number of acts of kindness to Auburn men and women through the years that aren't made public.  He loves Auburn, and I'm glad he's one of us.

Would be nice if for once he used his mouth to say somthing nice about Auburn instead of slaming Auburn every time the camera is on him.

Don't care. Chuck speaks his mind and voices his opinion. It is not always going to be positive. Us fans often voice our opinion also and it is not always positive.

Chuck gets a pass all day long from me. He did a lot for AU, he still does a lot for AU, and he still loves AU and wants AU to do well in every sport all the time. That is enough for me.

I have met him several times, a few out drinking at bars about 7-8 years ago in Atl. He is the same guy in person IMO. Just a good guy that speaks his mind, and at the end of the day is still orange and blue and supports his alma mater.

Well it's kind of like someone insulting your wife or girlfriend in a joking way.  It may be funny, sort of, but it probably just shouldn't be said.  That and the fact that he has made some very derogatory comments on the record about AU, like the Turner Gill thing, that weren't the least bit funny.  I hate PC'ness as much as the next person but it gets old with Charles. 

Archived