Tre Mason

jcm81

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article. I am very excited about Tre this year. This whole team seems to be one of the most motivated teams in recent memory. I expect our running backs to run every play like it is the only rep they will get. I saw on BSPN the other day that our backfield was ranked 9th in the SEC by the dumb SEC blog people. I laughed out loud at that one.

Thank you for the article! Hearing the individual players talk about this team and the progress of their teammates is getting me more and more excited about the coming season! It is going to be awesome!!! :wedance:

Great article. I am very excited about Tre this year. This whole team seems to be one of the most motivated teams in recent memory. I expect our running backs to run every play like it is the only rep they will get. I saw on BSPN the other day that our backfield was ranked 9th in the SEC by the dumb SEC blog people. I laughed out loud at that one.

Ranked 9th is ridiculous IMO.  But, there are some dang good RB's in this conference and our guys still have a LOT to prove this season.

Man where do you start after reading something like that.  :hellyeah: Love what they said about Prosch and Kiehl. We may have to surprise a one or two at the start but I think these guys finish strong.  :happydance:

That was a great interview, more information than I've read anywhere else so far this summer. I wonder if he was supposed to basically tell us that KF is starting. That is definitely an article worth getting excited about. :)

This team is comin'.

THIS!!!!  A lot of the same quotes in this article and the one on Rivals today, but the big thing I took away is the chemistry, leadership, effort, and conditioning that we are developing coming out of summer.  All the RB's were stoked about Prosch getting cleared.  The WR's are looking good in 7 on 7's with KF.  The OL have gotten a lot of the baby fat off and getting physically mean for the season.  We're under the radar now, but I don't think we will be after the Clemson game.  :we:

Ranked 9th is ridiculous IMO.  But, there are some dang good RB's in this conference and our guys still have a LOT to prove this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/45748/sec-position-rankings-running-backs-4

Here is the link. I am fine with the first couple teams since they have proven back fields even though some of the biggest studs are coming back from bad injuries. But after the top three I think it is a load of crap. I think Tre and company will prove that it is a load of crap this year.

I have a feeling that this team will explode on Clemson in the dome. Very quiet in Auburn. Was the same way in 2010 before the season.  :o

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/45748/sec-position-rankings-running-backs-4

Here is the link. I am fine with the first couple teams since they have proven back fields even though some of the biggest studs are coming back from bad injuries. But after the top three I think it is a load of crap. I think Tre and company will prove that it is a load of crap this year.

Love that they (ESPN) have placed such low expectations on us. Love that we have much higher expectations -- not only of our RBs, but also of the entire team.

:wareagle:

I can't wait to see how the running back rotation comes together. In my opinion, O-MAC is still a situational player. I am really looking forward to see Blakely, Mason and Grant. O-MAC will get his touches on the outside and do well, but I want to see how the other 3 set the tone for running between the tackles behind Jay. As we all know, they will only be as successful as our offensive line. We have real talent and I believe that Coach Grimes will get them to gel. TM impressed me with his burst last year. MB was the running back that I wanted most when he signed with Florida. I have not seen enough of CG to have an informed opinion. I know that he is very fast and I am looking forward to seeing him play. WDE!

Like Gene...I would hate to see a battle between Tre and Omac for the lead running back.  I see no point in letting Omac get beat to death trying to run between the tackles.  He has special speed and is a better than average pass receiver. 

Gus developed Omac's role in 2010 and IMO he was a serious contributor to the success that Cam had in 2010 and MD last season.  Defenders alway had to be aware of where he was and opponents realized the speed sweep was not just window dressing.  At this point I don't see any other AU backswith the combination of speed and versatility of Omac though Bray might get there. 

Based on the Virginia game,  Tre seems to be built for the inside game as is Blakely....and both will enjoy having Prosch lead the way....and having Omac in the backfield keeping some of the defenders occupied.

I think Omac will be used a lot in the slot. PA Pass throw over the top to Omac running a vert, TD's all day, who ganna cover that SSPPPPEEEEEEEEDDDD.  :cool:

I think Omac will be used a lot in the slot. PA Pass throw over the top to Omac running a vert, TD's all day, who ganna cover that SSPPPPEEEEEEEEDDDD.  :cool:

Maybe not that play exactly, but you are probably right.  I bet we will see Lefty try and get OMac in some man coverage situations either in the slot or from the backfield.  There is probably not very many, if any at all, that could cover OMac one on one.

I'm thinking we are going to see OMac going out in the flat alot.  If he can get out in the flat and then turn the corner upfield, there will likely be a lot of daylight for him to run.

I think he is going to be a fantastic RB for us. I expect big things from him and Frazier this year.

I love that they are both only sophmores. That youth is growing up fast and starting to pay off.

Archived