Tre Mason

jcm81

I think Omac will be used a lot in the slot. PA Pass throw over the top to Omac running a vert, TD's all day, who ganna cover that SSPPPPEEEEEEEEDDDD.  :cool:

Maybe not that play exactly, but you are probably right.  I bet we will see Lefty try and get OMac in some man coverage situations either in the slot or from the backfield.  There is probably not very many, if any at all, that could cover OMac one on one.

I'm thinking we are going to see OMac going out in the flat alot.  If he can get out in the flat and then turn the corner upfield, there will likely be a lot of daylight for him to run.

I agree with you.  I also think that we might go with the hot hand when it comes to the running backs this year.  Tre has talent, no doubt, but so do the others.  Teams will not be able to game plan for all of them and we can take advantage with who is rolling that day.  they are all pushing each other and that is what we need.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that this team will explode on Clemson in the dome. Very quiet in Auburn. Was the same way in 2010 before the season.  :o

I agree about the explosion on Clemson. I think they're going to come in cocky, echoing the demeanor of their coach, and we're going to hit them square in the mouth. I have my doubts about whether they'll be able to get back up after that.

However, I must say that this season doesn't feel like 2010 did, not exactly. In 2010, the feeling I had was primarily because of what I'd heard about Cam busting his tail and the knowledge that our offensive line was going to be STOUT, but I never really suspected that we'd be as good as we were. This year, it's the whole freaking team that has me excited...the closest I've ever had to this feeling was 2004, when everyone counted us out from the struggles the previous year, but the talent up and down the roster was just so abundant that I couldn't help but think if the new OC clicked, we might have something special.

There are two significant differences between this preseason and preseason 2004, though. The first is that I honestly believe this team is more talented, top to bottom, than that one was. The second is that that team was heavy on seniors, while this team will remain almost entirely in tact in 2013...and that's the year to watch out for. Odd years are the ones where the schedule tends to be more difficult due to navigate because LSU and UGA are away games, but I think that is only going to make it that much sweeter when we dominate. And yes, I do think we're going to dominate. 18 projected starters from this year will return, including both offensive (well, 4 of 5) and defensive (provided Lemonier doesn't leave early) lines and the starting QB.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1201531.html

Great Mason article from Scout.  Too many good nuggets to mention all of them. 

Thanks for posting: that really is a great article!

I have a feeling that this team will explode on Clemson in the dome. Very quiet in Auburn. Was the same way in 2010 before the season.  :o

I agree about the explosion on Clemson. I think they're going to come in cocky, echoing the demeanor of their coach, and we're going to hit them square in the mouth. I have my doubts about whether they'll be able to get back up after that.

However, I must say that this season doesn't feel like 2010 did, not exactly. In 2010, the feeling I had was primarily because of what I'd heard about Cam busting his tail and the knowledge that our offensive line was going to be STOUT, but I never really suspected that we'd be as good as we were. This year, it's the whole freaking team that has me excited...the closest I've ever had to this feeling was 2004, when everyone counted us out from the struggles the previous year, but the talent up and down the roster was just so abundant that I couldn't help but think if the new OC clicked, we might have something special.

There are two significant differences between this preseason and preseason 2004, though. The first is that I honestly believe this team is more talented, top to bottom, than that one was. The second is that that team was heavy on seniors, while this team will remain almost entirely in tact in 2013...and that's the year to watch out for. Odd years are the ones where the schedule tends to be more difficult due to navigate because LSU and UGA are away games, but I think that is only going to make it that much sweeter when we dominate. And yes, I do think we're going to dominate. 18 projected starters from this year will return, including both offensive (well, 4 of 5) and defensive (provided Lemonier doesn't leave early) lines and the starting QB.

That's a good point. This team minus the number of seniors does remind me of that '04 team. Clemson isn't going to know what freight train destroyed them after we get done.

“Kiehl is really stepping up big as a team captain,” Mason says. “Kiehl has turned into a great quarterback. He is going back to his high school ways. He dominated in high school and he is dominating now. I can’t wait to see how he does.”

This statement is really telling. Kiehl is the starting QB. I'm so excited for this season to start. I can't wait to see these guys decimate all.  :wareagle::wedance:

Ausome read...I am expecting Mason to win the

starting TB position

:thumbsup:

i was impressed with mason last year, i have not watched any highlights but impressed. the only time i was impressed with dyer was after watching highlights. i have been a huge mason fan for awhile. just look at how hard he hits the hole

If the offensive line improves which I expect, I don't think it matters who carries the ball. But, one thing to take into consideration, it's been some time since MB and CG have played in an actual game. Hopefully, the layoff will have no effect whatsoever. Heck, I hope they all rush for over 1000 yards each. If you're going to dream, dream big.

starting TB position

...Don't count out Corey Grant. Word has it that he was a terror on the scout team last year, and that he has been turning heads ever since. I do think Mason probably starts, which I'm excited about because I've been on the Tre La Soul bandwagon ever since I saw him dancing between would-be tacklers on his high school film, but Grant has some serious speed too (look up his 100 meter dash times from high school), and he's got a chip on his shoulder from his experiences in T-town.

starting TB position

...Don't count out Corey Grant. Word has it that he was a terror on the scout team last year, and that he has been turning heads ever since. I do think Mason probably starts, which I'm excited about because I've been on the Tre La Soul bandwagon ever since I saw him dancing between would-be tacklers on his high school film, but Grant has some serious speed too (look up his 100 meter dash times from high school), and he's got a chip on his shoulder from his experiences in T-town.

Don't count out Blakely either. This is going to be a 3-way battle.

starting TB position

One of the brightest spots of this season is definitely that there will always be a set (or three) of fresh legs on the sideline, ready and waiting to wear down opposing D's. I can't decide which back I'm most excited about.

starting TB position

One of the brightest spots of this season is definitely that there will always be a set (or three) of fresh legs on the sideline, ready and waiting to wear down opposing D's. I can't decide which back I'm most excited about.

I like all of the backs equally. They each have something to their own advantage. Would love to see a three back set though on occasion!

starting TB position

I'm not counting him out at all; I think he actually has the most potential of the three, but my understanding is that he's fallen a little behind the other two...not because he's doing anything wrong, just because Mason and Grant have been putting in a lot of extra work. But :dunno:

starting TB position

Running back by committee? Just like LSU last year.

I enjoy watching Mason when he gets to the line of scrimmage! He has taken some shots on kick returns, but the boy just gets back up and doesnt lose one BTU of intensity! I have not seen much of either Grant or Blakely, but I hope they can be just as good as what I hear on here. Sounds to me like Grant has a small chip on the shoulder. That is good.....very good!

What are the chances that the biology department can merge the three into one SUPER back that is ready to dominate all potential defenders?  If they combined their eligibility too, we could have the super back for 10 seasons!  Man I'm bored...

starting TB position

I don't think the RB position will actually be a battle Logan...I think they all will get their touches...

Thanks for the good read. I needed that.

Do we have a consensus that KF will be the QB? or will Mosley turn up the heat in Aug?

I dont give any cerdit to the ESPN artical They have us ranked low because Dyer left .

I think all these guys has the potential to be great.  I guess I'm going with whoever has the best ball security with the starter

^^^^^

Archived