What happened to Joel Erickson?

DivisionN

Moved to Al.com. Seems like he left no notice and caught the Ledger by surprise because it took them a few days to get the wareagleextra blog updated. The send off for Andy Bitter seemed much better organized anyway.

The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer has hired Wisoncsin grad Aaron Brenner to serve as the Auburn beat writer and the keeper of warealgeextra. You can read his intro here.

My opinion, I liked Andy Bitter. I did not care for Joel Erickson, and I thought his departure from wareagleextra was in poor taste. I think I'm going to like Brenner.

The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer has hired Wisoncsin grad Aaron Brenner to serve as the Auburn beat writer and the keeper of warealgeextra. You can read his intro here.

My opinion, I liked Andy Bitter. I did not care for Joel Erickson, and I thought his departure from wareagleextra was in poor taste. I think I'm going to like Brenner.

I liked Bitter, liked Erickson, have no idea why he left or the circumstances around it, and hope Brenner puts in the same amount of effort as both Bitter and Erickson.

Joel beats the crap out of the guy he replaced at al.com. I'm so glad EW went on up to Knoxville. The coondogs can have him.

This is true.

I kinda' like the new guy, so far. It's looking more and more like the Ledger-Inquirer and the Opelika-Auburn News are the only non-bammer controlled newspapers that follow auburn.

If Erickson doesn't do what Evan Woodbery did and jab at Auburn every chance he gets the bamzos that run Al.com will fire him pronto.

Wow. Glad I found this. I was wondering what happened to WEE. It just died out suddenly.

I still follow Bitter on Twitter. He's a good guy and really did a great job covering AU.

That Erickson guy didn't last long huh? Mover and a shaker..

Glad he informed the AU Family of his departure... :hammerin:

Archived