Women's Basketball 2012-2013

warladytigers

Wow - lost another one. Camille is going to MIchigan State with Mark Simmons.....that puts us down to 10 players......it will be a very long year fellow fans - start bracing yourselves now.

I'm not too surprised. Normally there's some attrition with a coaching change, plus our new coach is going to run a completely different style of ball.

Just for instance, where would Camille fit into the new scheme? I don't see it. Some others, if they stick around, may step up and pleasantly surprise us.

Wow - lost another one. Camille is going to MIchigan State with Mark Simmons.....that puts us down to 10 players......it will be a very long year fellow fans - start bracing yourselves now.

Nariah Taylor - released from letter, signed with Georgia Tech to play for MaChelle Joseph.

Jassany Williams - transferred to University of Miami and signed to play for Katie Meier

Camille Glymph- as mentioned, going to Michigan State with former AU assistant Mark Simmons

Jacey Scott- no longer a verbal for Auburn for 2013, still considering Auburn, did not attend the AU camp this summer, did attend the University of Georgia camp

I believe there are at least two good recruits committed for 2013 at this point. As noted above, we will have room for more.

Coach Flo has picked up two walkons from campus to give us 12. You always need practice bodies.

Our Lady Tigers need our support this year as they go through this transition

I'm not too surprised. Normally there's some attrition with a coaching change, plus our new coach is going to run a completely different style of ball.

Just for instance, where would Camille fit into the new scheme? I don't see it. Some others, if they stick around, may step up and pleasantly surprise us.

Don't know where most of them will fill in until we see a game or two. While we have heard it will be a "tenacious" defense - I don't know much about the offense that Coach Flo runs if the team isn't getting fast break points......

So that's where Camille was going. She was my neighbor for all of like 2 days. When we finally crossed paths she said she was actually moving out and transferring. I didn't want to pry, so I never asked where. Bummer.

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning - let's add one since it seems as if all we have been doing is losing players - Allina Starr has verballed.....don't know much about her yet although she had verballed to Georgetown this Spring so it seems like this girl really wants to play for Coach Flo.......http://photos.twincities.com/2012/03/17/class-3a-girls-basketball-championship-delasalle-v-richfield/

ESPN isn't keeping HoopGirlz current anymore although I hear/read that this will be addressed at some future date I guess we have to do our own resarch.

does anyone know what ever happened to nicole thomas? she played pretty good as a freshman 3 years ago and ive never heard about her since..

She quietly left the program - I don't remember if it was a medical issue or not but sure cannot find any info on-line

http://www.fullcourt...-bulletin-board - and we have another verbal committment........

I'm glad somebody is keeping up with these goings-on. Our "official AU website" hasn't been very timely.

I'm afraid we're in for a tough year on the court. Transition years are almost always hard and we'll be down to having to practice against walkons because there aren't enough warm bodies.

Well - it's time - let's get it started - http:

]

I agree it will be a challenging season.......there are 12 team members - 10 scholarship and 2 walkons. They have the "Orange Crushers" (or whatever Coach Flo decides to call them) so I think they will be able to conduct quality practices. I think more important will be the conditioning of the 12 Lady Tigers during games and how quickly they have picked up the new schemes..... and that they all begin the season healthy and stay that way.

Right now we have four verbals for next year (that I can find) and I imagine that Coach Flo will find one or two more to add to the 2013 class.......which will still leave her short of the 15 che can carry. (12-4+4=12) I don't know what her history is with JUCOs........

WDE!

0 Hasina Muhammad Guard 6-1 SO Memphis, Tenn. (Ridgeway)

3 Najat Ouardad Guard 5-1 SR Orleans, France (Pensacola State College)

5 Chadarryl Clay Guard 5-7 FR Chattanooga, Tenn. (Girls Preparatory School)

11 Courtney Strain Guard 5-9 RS SO Woodland, Ala. (Woodland)

12 Cedricka Sweeting Guard 5-3 FR Nassau, Bahamas (South Broward (Fla.))

14 Blanche Alverson Guard/Forward 6-3 SR Andalusia, Ala. (Buford (Ga.))

20 Pascale West Center 6-8 SR LaGrange, Ga. (Troup County Comprehensive)

22 Julie King Guard 5-9 SR St. Louis, Mo. (Nerinx Hall)

23 Nicole Tanner Forward/Center 6-3 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Hoover)

32 Tyrese Tanner Guard/Forward 6-1 JR Birmingham, Ala. (Hoover)

34 Peyton Davis Center 6-5 JR Pinson, Ala. (Mortimer Jordan)

50 Cabriana Capers Forward 6-1 FR Bolingbrook, Ill. (Bolingbrook)

0 Hasina Muhammad Guard 6-1 SO Memphis, Tenn. (Ridgeway)

3 Najat Ouardad Guard 5-1 SR Orleans, France (Pensacola State College)

5 Chadarryl Clay Guard 5-7 FR Chattanooga, Tenn. (Girls Preparatory School)

11 Courtney Strain Guard 5-9 RS SO Woodland, Ala. (Woodland)

12 Cedricka Sweeting Guard 5-3 FR Nassau, Bahamas (South Broward (Fla.))

14 Blanche Alverson Guard/Forward 6-3 SR Andalusia, Ala. (Buford (Ga.))

20 Pascale West Center 6-8 SR LaGrange, Ga. (Troup County Comprehensive)

22 Julie King Guard 5-9 SR St. Louis, Mo. (Nerinx Hall)

23 Nicole Tanner Forward/Center 6-3 FR Birmingham, Ala. (Hoover)

32 Tyrese Tanner Guard/Forward 6-1 JR Birmingham, Ala. (Hoover)

34 Peyton Davis Center 6-5 JR Pinson, Ala. (Mortimer Jordan)

50 Cabriana Capers Forward 6-1 FR Bolingbrook, Ill. (Bolingbrook)

Team photo and individual info and stats are up.....http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-baskbl/roster-mtt.html

Not earth shattering but it's a start......http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/4960 - Tye Tanner may have only made thier 3rd team but if she stays healthy I think she will be a force on the team this year........Hassina will quietly move her way up ................

I don't care what "system" coach Flo is trying to run. There is absolutely no way you can spin losing Jassany and Camille as something that is in any way good or to be expected. Coach Flo needs to produce or she will be one of the AD's list of hires that is short lived in its tenure.

Nariah Taylor - released from letter, signed with Georgia Tech to play for MaChelle Joseph.

Jassany Williams - transferred to University of Miami and signed to play for Katie Meier

Camille Glymph- as mentioned, going to Michigan State with former AU assistant Mark Simmons

Jacey Scott- no longer a verbal for Auburn for 2013, still considering Auburn, did not attend the AU camp this summer, did attend the University of Georgia camp

I believe there are at least two good recruits committed for 2013 at this point. As noted above, we will have room for more.

Coach Flo has picked up two walkons from campus to give us 12. You always need practice bodies.

Our Lady Tigers need our support this year as they go through this transition

"Walk ons from Campus"???? While prominent coaches like Katie Meier and Machelle Joseph, in addition to Andy Landers and Coach Merchant at Michigan State take our best players.

Attrition with a new coach and staff is to be expected. Coaches are not permitted to contact the players who are already signed and playing first - this means that those three Tigers elected to leave and what coach would not want them? The same could be said for a new recruit.......

More good news for 2014 - http://www.dfwelitebasketball.com/news_article/show/185236?referrer_id=416373 - Bria Johnson (5'9" G/PG) -

So in this case guess we took one from LSU?

That's five verbals - so if all current players stay healthy and no one else just leaves we are one up as compared to this coming year. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two more added to the class. We'll need to have a tall lady to begin developing......

We have no details on Jacey Scott - it's speculation but the bottom line is - if they don't want to come here we don't need them.

I've met OUR new coaches and staff - they are excited to build this program back to national prominence......

I am most worried about the quality players that were here that left. They most certainly met the new staff. In fact, they had practice time and dinner. The recruits, while troubling, it happens.

I will be there, as always, with several other season ticket holders. I will hope for the best.

Archived