Pat Dooley, tool of Gainesville Sun

Martian Manhunter

This guy apparently has a thing for Auburn. In two articles posted in the last week, he doesn't write about Auburn in the greatest of terms. I'd post the entire articles, but both are rather long. There are excerpts from each article below. Also, several months ago, the same bung wrote yet another article on how my beloved Tigers will not be any good whatsoever this year; I posted that one over on AE.

1) "Auburn vs. Clemson (at Atlanta): There’s an old joke that Clemson is Auburn with a lake. No, Clemson is Auburn with a quarterback. Clemson, 35-19."

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20120831/COLUMNISTS/120839931/1044?p=2&tc=pg

2) "I think Auburn and Mississippi State are both going to be pedestrian this season"

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20120823/COLUMNISTS/120829835/1044?p=2&tc=pg

I realize we're going to have some growing pains, and that we have new starters on the O-line and at QB, but this guy gets under my skin. He better be glad we aren't playing Florida again this year.

I could rant more, but I better stop now. My blood pressure is getting critical.

War Eagle

Florida writers in general hate Auburn. There's the fact that Urban Crier never beat us, the '07 game was supposed to be a big payback for us beating Meyer and Saint Tebow and spoiling their otherwise perfect season in '06 but instead we beat them again, this time in Gainesville. Then, they can't stand it that Auburn took a Florida reject (Cam Newton) and won a national championship with him.

I love wearing my Auburn gear in Central Florida!

I think it's CamRage. If Cam had worked out to follow Tebow, they'd have won Urban 2 more cystal footballs. Instead, Urban got gas, quit twice, and they had 2 shiznitty years without much confidence for this year.

I guess it never did dawn on me that UF was 0 for Auburn with both Meyer and Tebow. Both of those icons of UF football, as well as Emmitt Smith, never beat Auburn.

And then to have Cam come back and help AU have yet another perfect season, after AU has destroyed so many of Florida's undefeated seasons...

That's gotta sting.

( Auburn leads the series 42–38–2. )

Florida has never had a perfect season.

1911 is the only year which Florida finished w/ out a loss , going 5-0-1.

Archived