Where are the Tight Ends?

guerra aguila

Outside of Lutz?

I see Uzomah and Fulse on the field a good bit, with their size and athletic ability, and Loefflers history with using his TE's... Im surprised we have not seen a mixture of all three guys.

Seems Fulse and Uzomah are used more to block... I would love to see their athletic ability and passing catching put to use in the same game.

I'd love to see these guys get the ball more as well. Hopefully we'll be able to open up the passing game a little more and let our receivers catch the ball some more instead of blocking all the time

Me too. I think they want to throw to them more. Just having um...problems getting the ball to receivers right now but are workin on getting that fixed

well put, my friend....well put. I agree that some quick slants and crossing routes would help with the short passing game, but we all have to remember that defenses know we are having problems passing the ball. In turn, they are selling out and stacking the box. That makes it hard to get tight ends involved in the short passing game with any production.

If we can start burning them up on go routes, then i believe the entire offense opens up.

Archived