Lol Tuberville established dominance on his OC

Plaric

Geez, let it go. People complaining about Tuberville's one losing season in his last nine years seem petty and, given what we're watching week to week, more than a little silly.

Thank you.

It's not a matter of letting it go, I'm not "hanging on" to anything. It's about being factually correct. Chiz only has one losing season in 5 and a BCS. I still like CTT and appreciate what he did here, just don't rewrite history. It was time for him to go when he left. We hired a loser with Chizik, who somehow won a NC. Time to move on again and hopefully get a hire that is better than either of the last two.

Sounds like the Raider press and fans didn't take the head slap to the Tech GA too kindly.

Seems I recall a shoving incident with Tuberville and a player at AU once... but I can't remember the player.

I'm not sure he pushed him but I think you may be thinking about the chewing out he once gave Damon Duvall. To bad he didn't slap JJ when he was fired.

It wasn't their OC by a long shot. He is a student ass't Tubs was trying to get off the field. He didn't alsp him in the face just swipe at his headphones and hat.

If your buddy had kept that fire burning while at AU he might still be here. Too bad he got a wee bit too comfy and protective of the BBQ boys. It might have worked out well for both parties. Of course, he got a monster buyout for his ineptitude, so I guess it worked out well for him.

The BBQ guys were a heck of a lot better staff than what we have now.

Sounds like the Raider press and fans didn't take the head slap to the Tech GA too kindly.

Seems I recall a shoving incident with Tuberville and a player at AU once... but I can't remember the player.

I'm not sure he pushed him but I think you may be thinking about the chewing out he once gave Damon Duvall. To bad he didn't slap JJ when he was fired.

You are correct, he should have slapped JJ then kicked him in the butt on his way out.

It wasn't their OC by a long shot. He is a student ass't Tubs was trying to get off the field. He didn't alsp him in the face just swipe at his headphones and hat.

If your buddy had kept that fire burning while at AU he might still be here. Too bad he got a wee bit too comfy and protective of the BBQ boys. It might have worked out well for both parties. Of course, he got a monster buyout for his ineptitude, so I guess it worked out well for him.

The BBQ guys were a heck of a lot better staff than what we have now.

With the possible exception of Gran, no they weren't. They were on the O side of the ball and contirbuted more than their share to the complete meltdown thatgot tubs fired. If they were better than what we have now, you could say they were a .50 on a scale of 10 and the new guys are a .25.

A change was needed. It worked out for two years, now it's time to move on again and hopefully get the coach we've been looking for all along.

Tommy shouldn't have done this. Simple as that. If he gets fined, he deserves it.

As for the "rewriting" of history, I feel like that's exactly what people do when they pretend he let the program go to pot but still take the time to laud the 2010 team. That team was built by Tuberville and his staff and complemented perfectly by Chizik and his. You don't get 2010 without the ground work Tommy put down. He built the frame of the house. Chizik (and Gus and Cam and others) finished it. Just because it looked pretty on the outside doesn't mean you should forget the solid foundation and frame on the inside. Don't rewrite history.

As for the old staff and the new one, both are better than people give them credit. Nall, Gran, Whitt, Dunn, Borges and others were really, really good coaches. Really good. Knox wasn't a good position coach. I didn't care for Ensminger. Those are really the only guys from that staff that I thought were out of their league. In this current one, Grimes, Luper, Boulware, Thigpen, Martinez, and VanGorder. Those guys can all really coach. Pelton has been good. Trooper is a brilliant recruiter and decent position coach. Coaches are rarely as bad or as good as people make them out to be.

My lip-reading is not too good, but looks to me like he's saying "F%*ing, do your job". Wasn't this on a 4 & 1 where Texas Tech had 19 players on the field?! Yes, Tubs went over the line but the guy knows where he stands and that mistake will probably NEVER happen again. Other coaches and assitants took note too. I like the fire though....it beats clapping and an "oh well" attitude.

Tommy shouldn't have done this. Simple as that. If he gets fined, he deserves it.

As for the "rewriting" of history, I feel like that's exactly what people do when they pretend he let the program go to pot but still take the time to laud the 2010 team. That team was built by Tuberville and his staff and complemented perfectly by Chizik and his. You don't get 2010 without the ground work Tommy put down. He built the frame of the house. Chizik (and Gus and Cam and others) finished it. Just because it looked pretty on the outside doesn't mean you should forget the solid foundation and frame on the inside. Don't rewrite history.

As for the old staff and the new one, both are better than people give them credit. Nall, Gran, Whitt, Dunn, Borges and others were really, really good coaches. Really good. Knox wasn't a good position coach. I didn't care for Ensminger. Those are really the only guys from that staff that I thought were out of their league. In this current one, Grimes, Luper, Boulware, Thigpen, Martinez, and VanGorder. Those guys can all really coach. Pelton has been good. Trooper is a brilliant recruiter and decent position coach. Coaches are rarely as bad or as good as people make them out to be.

I say rewrite history for those who act like they want CTT back. IMO, and the majority, it was time for him to go, and this year doesnt change that.

Nall was a really good coach earlier in his career.

ESPN (Mike Wilbon) is calling for Tubs suspension...Tub's should have just "it is what it is, I got angry and it should not have happened." But no he comes out and lies about it....100 lashes with a wet noodle. Let's play football.

Mike Wilbon calls for someones firing/suspension every week I think.

Tuberville made a mistake that is very uncharacteristic for him. He still needs to own up to it though.

Fine and reprimand him and move on.

Geez, let it go. People complaining about Tuberville's one losing season in his last nine years seem petty and, given what we're watching week to week, more than a little silly.

I agree!! Does anyone think Chizik is a better coach then him. HELL NO!

And Tim Jackson to!

Tuberville made a mistake that is very uncharacteristic for him. He still needs to own up to it though.

Always someone that wants to sensationalize things....which I think is what Mike is doing....in all honesty, he snatched a headset off, it isn't like he pimp slapped the guy ahaha, but some people are sissies...that's what's wrong with this country in this day and age. Everyone is so easily offended

Always someone that wants to sensationalize things....which I think is what Mike is doing....in all honesty, he snatched a headset off, it isn't like he pimp slapped the guy ahaha, but some people are sissies...that's what's wrong with this country in this day and age. Everyone is so easily offended

Agreed. If he had hurt the guy, sure, fine him or whatever. All he did was embarrass the $^%^$ out of him in front of the entire country. While harsh, not exactly fine worthy IMO.

If Saban did this some people's here heads would explode, lol.

Yeah, but that's different.

Has the guy said anything about this? The outrage should belong to him, not espn.

He shouldn't have confused the substitutions....Then apparently he kept talking...Tubbs just let him know that he was in charge...No Big deal. I bet the kid learned his lesson. Maybe he should have been like our coaching staff and not said a word...Come on folks....This is football....feelings get hurt...Anyone remember Tubbs going off on Mazzone in the UAT sleet storm for trying to throw the ball in the end zone, that got picked, when we ran all over them all night.

Tubs pulled the guys headset off. He didn't hit him.

Saban slapped the butt of backup quarterback while fussing at him and everybody thought it was funny..

If Saban did this some people's here heads would explode, lol.

Yeah, but that's different.

Has the guy said anything about this? The outrage should belong to him, not espn.

Rationalizations are so wonderful. That guy would be an idiot to do anything to draw attention to the situation.

It doesn't upset me because I like tubs. If it's Saban there is a meltdown. Even if it happened in the same scenario.

Totally agree that there is a double standard at play here.

Even so, if Saban did this, I'd lobby for Bama to fire him. (Then again, I try to make that suggestion every time it could apply)

Archived