Chad Morris Interviewing

Plaric

Not a fan of Morris, but come on. Auburn is "too good" to hire a coordinator?

You mean, like Chip Kelly? Mark Richt? Boom Muschamp? David Shaw? That, friends, is a silly argument.

Well "to good" may be a wrong reason.A better reason is that Auburn finds itself in a unique position that they have not seen in any time in its history.The SEC has the best head coaches in the country.Along with the great surplus of football players in the south,this is the reason the SEC wins the BCS every year.Can AU win in this situation by hiring an assistant who has never been a head coach?Maybey,but not likely.Ricth was hired in a different era,and there isnt an assistant out there that was a "head coach in waiting" for years like Muschamp.Its possible we could win by hiring an AC who has never been a HC,but the chances of AU winning are much better if we hire a proven HC.It's just that simple IMO.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not seeing how Florida got left in the dust. We need the best coach, period.

I'm inclined to think the "best coach" is probably a head coach at a lower level or a lesser program. Patterson would thrill me. Petersen would send me into conniptions. I wish Gary Andersen were in the mix: he seems to be building a perfect program at Utah State.

Strong, ok. Fisher, Malzahn, meh. Petrino, ick.

I give up lets just rehire CGC back and be done with it then

You mean, like Chip Kelly? Mark Richt? Boom Muschamp? David Shaw? That, friends, is a silly argument.

Well "to good" may be a wrong reason.A better reason is that Auburn finds itself in a unique position that they have not seen in any time in its history.The SEC has the best head coaches in the country.Along with the great surplus of football players in the south,this is the reason the SEC wins the BCS every year.Can AU win in this situation by hiring an assistant who has never been a head coach?Maybey,but not likely.Ricth was hired in a different era,and there isnt an assistant out there that was a "head coach in waiting" for years like Muschamp.Its possible we could win by hiring an AC who has never been a HC,but the chances of AU winning are much better if we hire a proven HC.It's just that simple IMO.

Thanks

I'm just not seeing how Florida got left in the dust. We need the best coach, period.

I'm inclined to think the "best coach" is probably a head coach at a lower level or a lesser program. Patterson would thrill me. Petersen would send me into conniptions. I wish Gary Andersen were in the mix: he seems to be building a perfect program at Utah State.

Strong, ok. Fisher, Malzahn, meh. Petrino, ick.

I give up lets just rehire CGC back and be done with it then

Screen-Shot-2012-11-09-at-2.59.10-PM.png

Chad Morris? I'd like to believe this is a smokescreen but I'm convinced Jacobs is an imbecile.

But I thought someone posted via their sources that JJ was only going to sign paoers ...the selection committee would be leading the search and interview process....

Well if we are not going for a "boom hire" or a "proven winning Head Coach" then just hire CGC back let him clean house and start from scratch.

Joking of course

Save us some money too since some are worried about that

Patterson.... he has turned Arkansas down but no word on us yet.

Sad thing is we and the media are only assuming that the powers to be are interested in him, they might not be and that goes for every coach on everyones so called short or long list

Malzahn just left Auburn at the end of the 2011 season...less than a year ago. Maybe he feels like he has something to prove at Arkansas St before he comes back to the SEC or an equal conference.

I'd want to give my boss longer than 1 year if I was happy where I was. That might be how Gus feels.

From @coachingsearch twitter just now:

Pete Roussel@coachingsearch

Despite a report, sources tell me that Auburn has NOT setup an interview with Chad Morris at this point. http://bit.ly/xpkQEX

Best news I have heard or read all day!

Chad Morris appears to be a competent OC but I prefer Auburn not be his proving ground as HC.

Which is also why I don't want Malzahn. Auburn would essentialy be GM's proving ground as well. I don't think one year in the Sun Belt is enough to prove anything.

Hugh Freeze says hello.

As far as we know, he is still with his wife!!! If she can forgive him why should I have a problem with it. I want a proven coach with a winning record not a 1 yr head coach with no more discipline than Chizik. For the record, my first choice is Jeff Fisher (not Jimbo) or Chris Petersen. I would hands down rather have Petrino over Malzahn

I am inclined to believe that Morris will be the OC under Gus Malzhan. This might actually be a great hire. I do believe that we would have to pay Morris a bit over $1 million. Gus for $3 million. Now let's find a great DC. There are several out there that could fill that bill as well.

I am inclined to believe that Morris will be the OC under Gus Malzhan. This might actually be a great hire. I do believe that we would have to pay Morris a bit over $1 million. Gus for $3 million. Now let's find a great DC. There are several out there that could fill that bill as well.

Say what?!?LOL

I like it Doc.....maybe keep BVG around..or bring T Rock back - it would also help greatly with the incoming class..

As far as we know, he is still with his wife!!! If she can forgive him why should I have a problem with it. I want a proven coach with a winning record not a 1 yr head coach with no more discipline than Chizik. For the record, my first choice is Jeff Fisher (not Jimbo) or Chris Petersen. I would hands down rather have Petrino over Malzahn

:slapfh:

Well, tomorrow is Chad Morris' 44th birthday... maybe it is a cruel birthday joke... or maybe karma biting someone in the a$$.

Archived