2010 Tulsa (OC)

2011-present Clemson (OC)

Depressive

FTFY

Sorry, I forgot my sarcasim font :big:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad Morris is one of the best offensive coordinators in the country and the search committee is doing their due diligence. An interview does not equal a hire.

True. He learned everything he knows from Gus.

Hold on gentlemen....this is merely Gus lining up his OC. You will soon see Malzahn being introduced as the HC.

Doubt that would happen unless Chad is taking a pay cut and wants to just be close to his friend...

I guess not bad to interview. To do a thorough hiring process you need to look at a couple of offensive guys and defensive guys and see who gives you the best "feeling". You also have to listen on what their "plan" is for taking us to the top.

I agree, a little. Doesn't hurt to interview someone. My problem with it is- I get the feeling it doesn't take much to impress JJ. What if Morris shows up to his interview and brings donuts and coffee for JJ and his crew, then proceeds to use a few big words that are outside of JJ's comprehension level? Then JJ says, "President Gouge, I am completely confident that this is the man for the job! And Dr. Gouge, by the way, what does 'delineate' mean?'

JJ is going to jack this up somehow.

Chad Morris is one of the best offensive coordinators in the country and the search committee is doing their due diligence. An interview does not equal a hire.

True. He learned everything he knows from Gus.

The only reason this is happening is we want a spread coach and Gus turned us down..

Gus might hust be happy where he's at.

This! We keep debating on whether or not we want Gus but I haven't seen anything to show me that CGM even wants to come back.

I guess not bad to interview. To do a thorough hiring process you need to look at a couple of offensive guys and defensive guys and see who gives you the best "feeling". You also have to listen on what their "plan" is for taking us to the top.

I agree, a little. Doesn't hurt to interview someone. My problem with it is- I get the feeling it doesn't take much to impress JJ. What if Morris shows up to his interview and brings donuts and coffee for JJ and his crew, then proceeds to use a few big words that are outside of JJ's comprehension level? Then JJ says, "President Gouge, I am completely confident that this is the man for the job! And Dr. Gouge, by the way, what does 'delineate' mean?'

JJ is going to jack this up somehow.

Like "cat" or "dog".

Huh. I tell you one thing: If Chad Morris is getting an interview, then how is Gus not more qualified?

Then again, how many points do you deduct for Kristi? ;)

LOL :jossun:

If this is the case then it can only mean the interviews with established HC resulted in them turning us down. No way we interview him if we have the possibility to hire a Peterson, Fisher or Patterson.

Also there is no way a HC committee would interview for Gus's OC. No way. Looks like a case of the Monday's.

It could also mean that we aren't going after anyone who is that big-time. I am not on a search committee, but I know when we interview people at my job that have very similar backgrounds and qualifications, it becomes hard to decide on who to hire. I wonder if the search committee is having a hard time narrowing down a HC based on all of the coordinators they are interviewing.

I am absolutely convinced these crappy names are being floated so when they hire Petrino or Malzahn everyone gives a big ol' sigh of relief.....

These are just interviews. Relax. I've done a number of interviews. You don't hire the first guy you like (right away). You compare each interview to your favorite just to see if anyone wows you more. It is called being thorough. IF Chad Morris gets a HC gig elsewhere and go to BCS bowls in 5 years wouldn't you as a search committee be kicking yourself? Especially if you had that guy on your list and you didn't interview him because you jumped at the first guy. Just food for thought.

The more I think about it................smokescreen to throw off the trail.

God I hope so. But haven't we wasted enough time already?

Well, technically it's only been a week. We knew that most interviews would not happen until after the season which was this past Saturday. Interviews started hot and heavy yesterday.

Patience grasshopper. Patience.

Hot and heavy? Is this a Petrino joke?

It could also mean that we aren't going after anyone who is that big-time. I am not on a search committee, but I know when we interview people at my job that have very similar backgrounds and qualifications, it becomes hard to decide on who to hire. I wonder if the search committee is having a hard time narrowing down a HC based on all of the coordinators they are interviewing.

That is what scares me and ticks me off

Chad Morris appears to be a competent OC but I prefer Auburn not be his proving ground as HC.

Which is also why I don't want Malzahn. Auburn would essentialy be GM's proving ground as well. I don't think one year in the Sun Belt is enough to prove anything.

I hope he is a fall back incase we don't get our first choices. I would be a little underwhelmed if we are really pushing for Chad Morris. He is a good OC, I just don't want AU to be a proving ground for another inexperienced HC. There have been some great coordinators go on to be great HCs, but there have also been some to never have success as an HC. In the current situation, and playing inour conference and division, I would just hate to see us gamble. If we get burned, it could be 3-4 more years of less than .500 teams.

Not a fan of Morris, but come on. Auburn is "too good" to hire a coordinator?

You mean, like Chip Kelly? Mark Richt? Boom Muschamp? David Shaw? That, friends, is a silly argument.

We are at a time that hiring a PROVEN HEAD COACH is crucial, this is no time to be experimenting with maybes. We miss and the likelihood is good that we would then be left in the dust of the TOP SEC which we are already looking at their hind-side.

We need to do what some others have done like Arky(BP), S Carolina and uat, I see your point but timing is important on what type of hire you need too.

Archived