Chad Morris Interviewing

Plaric

I'm just not seeing how Florida got left in the dust. We need the best coach, period.

I'm inclined to think the "best coach" is probably a head coach at a lower level or a lesser program. Patterson would thrill me. Petersen would send me into conniptions. I wish Gary Andersen were in the mix: he seems to be building a perfect program at Utah State.

Strong, ok. Fisher, Malzahn, meh. Petrino, ick.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is the type we are looking for then we are in the bottom section of the SEC with the likes of Vandy, Kentucky, and a few others.

Correct me if Iam wrong but aren't we 'interested' in the Vandy head coach?

Also - it should not come as a shock to people that Malzahn's ambition is the Arkansas head coach position - and part of the reason why (IMO) he took the Arky St job. If offered the AU and Arkansas jobs, I think he takes the home state job...so if you are looking at Gus being our head coach and 'want' him - then interviewing Chad Morris, while a risk experience-wise, does provide a similar skill set.

Back away from the cliff....it's part of the process. Why not interview him? If the next guy doesn't do the job we may need to look at him again down the road.

We only have so much time to make this hire. Ja'Quay is already headed to College Station. Tennessee and Arkansas are competing with us in the same pool. We may have the best job of the three, but candidates know the difference between a bird in the hand and a hand in the bush.

Petrino joke there, in case anybody missed it. I'll be here all week....

If this is the type we are looking for then we are in the bottom section of the SEC with the likes of Vandy, Kentucky, and a few others.

Correct me if Iam wrong but aren't we 'interested' in the Vandy head coach?

Also - it should not come as a shock to people that Malzahn's ambition is the Arkansas head coach position - and part of the reason why (IMO) he took the Arky St job. If offered the AU and Arkansas jobs, I think he takes the home state job...so if you are looking at Gus being our head coach and 'want' him - then interviewing Chad Morris, while a risk experience-wise, does provide a similar skill set.

Vandy coach, James Franklin, just signed a contract extension.

We only have so much time to make this hire. Ja'Quay is already headed to College Station. Tennessee and Arkansas are competing with us in the same pool. We may have the best job of the three, but candidates know the difference between a bird in the hand and a hand in the bush.

You owe me a keyboard. I had just taken a sip of coffee when I read that and spit it out. :big:

http://247sports.com/Board/59457/Monday-Rumor-Mill-14613169/1 (Free content)

According to this, Gus has been interviewed and Kirby and Morris are set to... Are these the only ones we know of that have gotten or will get an interview for sure?

You owe me a keyboard. I had just taken a sip of coffee when I read that and spit it out. :big:

WDE!

Gus might hust be happy where he's at.

This! We keep debating on whether or not we want Gus but I haven't seen anything to show me that CGM even wants to come back.

That could be very true. It's no secret that Gus loves ARKY. The way he has commented in interviews sounds like he wants to turn ARKY ST in to the next Boise St. We shall see...but I don't like some of these names being confirmed for interviews. It's like Auburn loves being average...as long we have a "Good Christian Auburn Man" then we are good. *Not an argument for BP at ALL! Just saying..it seems like Auburn would like to compare that our coach is a better man than yours while Bama is comparing how many NC's they have. SMH..

I think its gus if he wants it.

if this is where the bar is set, then I think it should be Gus.

Does it really matter? One can get their butt handed to them just as well as the other.

Patterson.... he has turned Arkansas down but no word on us yet.

From @coachingsearch twitter just now:

Pete Roussel@coachingsearch

Despite a report, sources tell me that Auburn has NOT setup an interview with Chad Morris at this point. http://bit.ly/xpkQEX

LOL

Yeah, that was pretty much my response also.

Archived