A comment from a former AU commit

AU64

Coaches have personal goals as well as team goals....and that means that sometimes the personal goals of the various coaches conflict with those of other coaches...and do not always work to maximize team goals. The LA Lakers are a good example....got a team of stars that can't play together.

I'm guessing we had that issue between our HC, and the OC and DC last season and probably in the seasons before.....and maybe that's a common problem with ambitious high profile assistant coaches....because it sure is a problem in business.

Like K, I'm waiting to see if the new staff can allow the team goals to take precidence over their personal goals. That's the HC's biggest task IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coaches have a big time uphill battle. The margin between Bama's success, and Auburn's woes is huge right now. Listening last night to that latest Bammer recruit, he kept suggesting what really happened:

"It's just business now"

"It's a business decision"

"Gotta do what's best for me and my family"

-To me its quite obvious what happened. "Business." Nothing makes sense about moving away from your daughter to suport her as a student athlete..

Yes, Auburn football had a rough season last year, but we have a beautful campus, excellent education system, and a safe environment. I don't blame our wonderful Auburn University or coaches for anything right now.

-War Damn Eagle.

The coaches have a big time uphill battle. The margin between Bama's success, and Auburn's woes is huge right now. Listening last night to that latest Bammer recruit, he kept suggesting what really happened:

"It's just business now"

"It's a business decision"

"Gotta do what's best for me and my family"

-To me its quite obvious what happened. "Business." Nothing makes sense about moving away from your daughter to suport her as a student athlete..

Yes, Auburn football had a rough season last year, but we have a beautful campus, excellent education system, and a safe environment. I don't blame our wonderful Auburn University or coaches for anything right now.

-War Damn Eagle.

Good points....but I think the impact of Bama's success is strongest in the state of Alabama. Despite that, we have some great kids and recruits lined up across the state ....and subject to what happens on Wednesday, I'm happy with the job Gus and his team are doing. IMO we were kidding ourselves if we thought RF was a future Tiger...but I agree with your conclusion 100%. I don't have any desire for AU to be UAT.

Archived