TX A&M has 32 commits as of Jan 30

aufootballrob

All that means is that they signed 18 or fewer last year. If they sign 32 this time, that means seven count back on the class of 2012. If they do, indeed, sign 32 then seven will be enrolled in school right now. That shouldn't be hard to check.

What happened to the SEC rule of only 25 per signing class?

\

You can only sign 25 per class. If you signed 22 last year and sign 28 this year, you are actually signing 3 from 2012 and 25 from 2013. Clear as mud? UGA signed 16 last year, so if they can find 9 early enrolee guys, they can sign 34 (9+25) this year.

\

You can only sign 25 per class. If you signed 22 last year and sign 28 this year, you are actually signing 3 from 2012 and 25 from 2013. Clear as mud? UGA signed 16 last year, so if they can find 9 early enrolee guys, they can sign 34 (9+25) this year.

I thought early enrollees, counting against last year, had to sign in December and be in class by January? ...not sure, though.

quietfan.. I believe youre correct. For the player to count towards the previous recruiting year's numbers... That player must enroll in January. If it happens after that, then it counts towards the current year.

\

I thought early enrollees, counting against last year, had to sign in December and be in class by January? ...not sure, though.

That is correct. Check out the line I colored red. Perhaps I should have phrased it "if they have found nine early enrolee guys".

\

That is correct. Check out the line I colored red. Perhaps I should have phrased it "if they have found nine early enrolee guys".

Gotcha...thanks, You and RS. I took the commit "If they can find 9 early enrollees, they can sign 34 this year" to imply they could sign 34 today (NSD).

Archived