TA&M Game

jwmboom7

With that logic, JJ should be stating in his press conferences that he's ashamed that he hired Tony Barbee as AU's basketball coach and wonders what he was thinking when he thought that CTB had what it took to handle a D1 team. That's just not how you motivate people.

I still say if Chubb and Sullivan are so bad then they should be sitting on the bench and not getting the minutes. The fact that Barbee is playing them so much means that he has no one better behind them. Next year our shooting percentage better improve considerably because we won't have anyone to grab a rebound!

I read a statement earlier in this topic saying that it will get worse before it gets better??? What's worse than this season that has a great chance to be 9-22? No SEC wins next year? Lose to a winless Rhode Island team? Let Murray State come in and DOMINATE us at home? Wait....those last 2 things happened this year... :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a statement earlier in this topic saying that it will get worse before it gets better??? What's worse than this season that has a great chance to be 9-22? No SEC wins next year? Lose to a winless Rhode Island team? Let Murray State come in and DOMINATE us at home? Wait....those last 2 things happened this year... :(

That was at a neutral site and a tournament team. Thats actually a decent loss.

Also, this might not apply to you, but I hate fans that havent paid any attention to basketball this whole season, then they go look at our schedule, see the losses and think oh we need to fire our coach. They need to watch the games. Then they might see that our players are in the right posistion to make plays most of the time, but fail to do so. Thats not the coaches fault thats the players fault

And are yall really getting mad at Barbee for benching his players when they dont hustle???

^^^Great Post^^^

As much as people blame Barbee... our players are in position to make plays. There is a failure to execute!

Murray State is a tournament team. They have been for the past few years. In fact, last year, they almost made it through the entire season undefeated.

You're correct, it was a neutral site. But a 20 point beatdown against a team that is currently 3rd in the Ohio Valley conference is not what I expect from any AUburn team.

I don't necessarily think we need to fire Barbee but he needs to step it up. Since an entire recruiting class is gone through attrition, I don't hold much hope that the next couple of years will be much better.

I didn't even know we had a game last night. What a slacker. Of course, the results are the same as they are when I do pay attention. :)

Here's another difference between Martin & Barbee. This is Martin's first year. It's Barbee's third year. These seniors have had more time with him as their coach than with anyone else.

The record the past three years speaks for itself. 35-52 overall, 12-32 in conference play, the worst three year span in Auburn history, and the worst home loss in 60 years. We will finish most likely with a worse record this year than either of the two previous years under Tony Barbee, neither of which qualified as a winning season. This is indicative of a failure to improve a team many thought would make strides this year. How some of you can defend this atrocity and the conductor of this train wreck is beyond me.

Archived