Men vs. Mississippi State

WarTiger

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was not for firing barbee. but he has that same look on his face that chizik did the last half of the season, actually worse. he is not happy and i would give him a chance to quit before i fired him and had to pay a buyout. probably wont happen tho.

Barbee has taken a lower tier team and made it pathetic and totally irrelevant.

He is not going to lead us anywhere. He has completely lost his bearing and the team.

He can't recruit or coach. His media skills are dubious at best, and whining to reporters about how players underachieve shows poor character.

He should be fired this week even is there is no clear successor.

i was not for firing barbee. but he has that same look on his face that chizik did the last half of the season, actually worse. he is not happy and i would give him a chance to quit before i fired him and had to pay a buyout. probably wont happen tho.

No way Barbee just quits. His agent would shoot him. We will have to fire him or he will be back next season. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch. I wish him the very best. I just hope the powers that be decide we need to go in a new direction. If we don't, I fear more of the same with our bball program.

I admire all that Josh Wallace and Frankie accomplished for AU.....but with having a walk-on as our PG and our best outside shooter hitting about 35% for much of the season....this team never had a chance.

A real playmaking PG and a couple guys who can hit an open jumper....that could make a lot of difference. There is some good talent but IMO, not the blend that makes a "team".

I don't think there is very much cohesiveness with this team(I probably said that wrong). Translation: I don't think the players like the coaches, I don't think the coaches like the players, and tot take it a step further, I don't think the players get along all that well. Sure, some of them do, but I don't there there is a very strong "team" bond there.

They are really bad. Even when they are playing well there si no real spark or confidence there. I don't know what it is....they're just bad.

I'm thinking right now about those seniors walking off the floor after this, their last college reg season game. All those hours of practice when they could have been hanging with friends, out on dates, watching TV, studying :blink: or doing things regular students do. All that sacrifice and discipline to be last place in the SEC and a 9 win season.

These players deserve more than this.

I admire all that Josh Wallace and Frankie accomplished for AU.....but with having a walk-on as our PG and our best outside shooter hitting about 35% for much of the season....this team never had a chance.

A real playmaking PG and a couple guys who can hit an open jumper....that could make a lot of difference. There is some good talent but IMO, not the blend that makes a "team".

We agree again,64. It seems obvious to everyone over a certain age that at some point,basketball IQ,a leader at point guard, and the ability to shoot the ball with consistency has to co-exist with the "long,lean,athletic,jump over the rim" type of players. The younger AU fans I talk to don't care about anything but dunks and fast breaks. Larry Bird would've never played if that was all there was to it. :wareagle:

I would love to see Auburn bring in a top name who can turn the program around. But, that is not going to happen, especially with Jacobs, AKA, Captain Peter "Wrongway" Peachfuzz at the helm. So maybe AU should just let Barbee finish out his contract and save a few bucks.

I'm thinking right now about those seniors walking off the floor after this, their last college reg season game. All those hours of practice when they could have been hanging with friends, out on dates, watching TV, studying :blink: or doing things regular students do. All that sacrifice and discipline to be last place in the SEC and a 9 win season.

I totally agree with the first part of what you said. I feel bad that they tried hard and lost. Losing sucks, nobody likes it.

I totally disagree with the second part of what you said. In my opinion, the players got what they deserved...4 years of college at an OUTSTANDING university and an opportunity to play the game they love. In exchange for this opportunity, they sacrificed many hours per week of partying, dating, socializing, etc... but they knew that when they signed up. Players from all 14 SEC schools worked hard, sacrificed, practiced, etc... and at the end of the day talent, effort, and sometimes a little luck prevail. Our players shot the ball poorly all year and our players gave up too many points on a regular basis. Sure you can point the finger at Barbee as the head man, and maybe you should. Point is, when the ball was in play, our guys just got beat....often...period. Nobody DESERVES anything in sports....more times than not, the best team wins, and unfortunately my Auburn Tigers were on the losing side of that equation a buttload of times this year.

I totally agree with the first part of what you said. I feel bad that they tried hard and lost. Losing sucks, nobody likes it.

I totally disagree with the second part of what you said. In my opinion, the players got what they deserved...4 years of college at an OUTSTANDING university and an opportunity to play the game they love. In exchange for this opportunity, they sacrificed many hours per week of partying, dating, socializing, etc... but they knew that when they signed up. Players from all 14 SEC schools worked hard, sacrificed, practiced, etc... and at the end of the day talent, effort, and sometimes a little luck prevail. Our players shot the ball poorly all year and our players gave up too many points on a regular basis. Sure you can point the finger at Barbee as the head man, and maybe you should. Point is, when the ball was in play, our guys just got beat....often...period. Nobody DESERVES anything in sports....more times than not, the best team wins, and unfortunately my Auburn Tigers were on the losing side of that equation a buttload of times this year.

Amen brother...when I was in school I would have given my left...whatever to have played for AU in that old sports arena and ...scholarship be-damned. I can't think of a greater priviledge than to represent the university and walk out on a field or court with AUBURN across the front of a jersey.

As far as this year...IMO, TB gave them an offense that provided wide open shots all season long and for whatever reason, almost none of them could hit those open shots. As someone noted earlier, shooting accuracy is on the players and I don't blame TB for that...though I hope in the future (if there is one at AU for him) that he pushes shooting skill more agressively and recruits better shooters and ball handlers.

Archived