Dean Hardgrave decides fate of Auburn Aviation.

• 1 month later...

unfortunately these academic types don't know how to run a business. My thoughts on this is that this type of education is very expensive, maintenance upkeep etc. They should look at partnering with AC companies and others to form a smart partnership that would keep this program healthy. There are many type of things that could be used to keep AU flying healthy. I don't have exact ideas now because I am not on an inside track and don't know their assets but there are ways of getting this back up and growing and also being a flagship for the US in this field. You don't necessarily have to raise tuition if partnered correctly.

Good points 88

Thanks...Although I didn't go through that program, I had friends that did and I ended up flying for the Navy. With something like this type of program there are ways to make it sustainable at an affordable cost. They really need someone that can take a look at it and use the alumni network for connections to pitch ideas to potential partners but unfortunately they are academics and think in only academic ways.

Good points 88

Thanks...Although I didn't go through that program, I had friends that did and I ended up flying for the Navy. With something like this type of program there are ways to make it sustainable at an affordable cost. They really need someone that can take a look at it and use the alumni network for connections to pitch ideas to potential partners but unfortunately they are academics and think in only academic ways.

Totally agree

Archived