if all three win out

AUbirdie

auburn will have at least a share of the national championship if we win our bowl game whatever it may be. if usc beats oklahoma in the orange bowl and we win our bowl we will still recieve some number one votes and be able to claim a share just like usc did last year. we just need to take care of business and let whatever happens happen.

I agree. I really think that we'll end up in the Orange Bowl, but the worst case scenario is that we go to the Sugar Bowl, beat either Miami, Florida State, or VA Tech, and split the championsip. And all you AUnation members who come down to New Orleans can have a drink on me. :) But I'll probably see you all in Miami. :big:

The best thing Auburn could ask for is to have OU defeat USC. Because if USC defeats OU, do you honestly think the AP voters would vote Auburn #1 after 50+ of them have voted USC all year?

Can't happen. Sorry. They made changes last year to prevent it from happening. Two things:

1. USC was the unanimous #1 last year and deserved that spot. They were playing like we are. (We aren't #1 in ANY poll) The BCS just dropped them down to 3.

2. There were no provisions that required the AP poll to vote for the BCS champion. AP kept USC. This year, the AP poll AND the ESPN/Coaches' are REQUIRED to vote for the BCS title, therefore eliminating the chance of a split-title.

Boooooooooo....

if AU wins out....the BCS will take care of itself.....our last 2 opponents will have 15 total wins.......OKIE's will have 9.....the gap in the computers will close......anyone considered UCLA might beat USC?....WHAT IF AL BORGES MAKES A FEW CALLS TO HIS PAC 10 FRIENDS to vote for AU over okie?.....there are still 3 weeks left before the final BCS ranking is released.....look at the difference in the last 3 weeks.....relax and enjoy it, stop worrying.....if it is meant to be, it will happen

I have to agree with tombigbee. In my heart, I believe our last three games will compensate for any difference in SOS. And if we win the last two as convincingly as the UGA game, there is no way the required votes will not come our way. If AU takes care of business like we know they can, it will happen.

I agree.  I really think that we'll end up in the Orange Bowl, but the worst case scenario is that we go to the Sugar Bowl, beat either Miami, Florida State, or VA Tech, and split the championsip.

122105[/snapback]

Worst case scenario is that we let Bama or Tennessee win by looking past 'em!

You can't listen to sports talk radio these days without hearing about Auburn's BCS chances. The more I listen to these "experts" and voters, the more I hear that if all 3 win out, Auburn will get the shaft. They're also saying that Tuberville might have shot himself in the foot in the eyes of the coaches with his "we've been able to name the score in every game except LSU" comments. They're saying he's giving off a cocky attitude that will prevent votes from coaches. Gotta remember it's all radio/media/internet fodder at this point but it still doesn't look good.

I'm really hoping we come up with some HUGE wins in these next two games to really put some pressure on the voters. I think if Auburn wins out, our Orange Bowl chances are going to come down to politics though, not football. I would truly be disappointed if Auburn ended up being the BCS killer at the expense of a national championship. We've been screwed out of MNC's before so this won't be new for us.

I agree.  I really think that we'll end up in the Orange Bowl, but the worst case scenario is that we go to the Sugar Bowl, beat either Miami, Florida State, or VA Tech, and split the championsip.

122105[/snapback]

Worst case scenario is that we let Bama or Tennessee win by looking past 'em!

122412[/snapback]

Actually, the fact we're still ranked #3 in the BCS practically ensures that the players & coaches won't look past either of those games. If we would've moved up to #2 in this week's permutation of the polls, I think we'd have been more likely to let AL or TN sneak up on us.

Can't happen.  Sorry.  They made changes last year to prevent it from happening.  Two things:

This year, the AP poll AND the ESPN/Coaches' are REQUIRED to vote for the BCS title, therefore eliminating the chance of a split-title.

Boooooooooo....

122348[/snapback]

Are you sure about this information? I haven't been able to find anything online to confirm it. :huh: I've found lots of op-ed pieces suggesting that the AP shouldn't be able to vote for someone besides the BCS game winner, but nothing saying that it was indeed changed.

Archived