Locker Rooms/Training Rooms

JFDTiger80

I am seeing lots of pictures lately of Oregon's new Football locker/training room. It even has a waterfall. The Oregon training rooms included 4 or so small pools with stationary training bikes in them. Sweet. People are also sending out pictures of the new Alabama locker/training room currently under construction. Locker/training rooms are not only for the players, they are a recruiting tool. Schools are putting a lot of money into these.

I know AU recently had an update to its locker room just before our Natonal championship season. Did we do anything to the training facilities? How do our training facilities stack up.

Don't forget that Oregon has Phil Knight/Nike money; they shouldn't be used as a comparison as they will always have some of the better facilities for this reason.

I disagree with being on par with lsu and Florida. I agree you can't compare Oregon in this because they have other resources. As far as bama. We win 3 championships in 4 years I'm sure we would see major upgrade as well

With Tim Cook being who he is, it'd be nice to get a nice, huge donation of iPads in the lockers and Apple TVs all over the training facilities.

Winning championships will get us there, but never underestimate the REC and their deep pockets. They funnel money into bammer like there's no tomorrow, and it shows in their facilities. I would love to see Tim Cook start contributing some of that Apple money, but that might be difficult to justify for him, since Apple really doesn't have anything to do with sports. It's easy for Nike and Under Armour to pour support into Oregon and Maryland, because they make the products that athletes use. With Ipads, I'm sure the NCAA would find a way to make that an "unfair" benefit, unless they were made available to all students, not just student athletes.

I am seeing lots of pictures lately of Oregon's new Football locker/training room. It even has a waterfall. The Oregon training rooms included 4 or so small pools with stationary training bikes in them. Sweet. People are also sending out pictures of the new Alabama locker/training room currently under construction. Locker/training rooms are not only for the players, they are a recruiting tool. Schools are putting a lot of money into these.

I know AU recently had an update to its locker room just before our Natonal championship season. Did we do anything to the training facilities? How do our training facilities stack up.

Tennessee and Arkansas just got huge expansions and upgrades to their locker/training facilities. Vandy has overall expansion & upgrades is in the works as well as OleMiss & MSU College football is an arms race, I think AU is about on par with the others.

IMHO, no one in the SEC will be able to affort to keep up with aTm and their oil money. Just like very few programs will be able to match Nike money. In the case of UAT, well they are making money hand over fist with the product they put on the field, so it stands to reason that they'd pump more $$ in to the facilites to house that product.

Winning championships will get us there, but never underestimate the REC and their deep pockets. They funnel money into bammer like there's no tomorrow, and it shows in their facilities. I would love to see Tim Cook start contributing some of that Apple money, but that might be difficult to justify for him, since Apple really doesn't have anything to do with sports. It's easy for Nike and Under Armour to pour support into Oregon and Maryland, because they make the products that athletes use. With Ipads, I'm sure the NCAA would find a way to make that an "unfair" benefit, unless they were made available to all students, not just student athletes.

If Tim Cook wanted to donate to AU Athletics, he'd have done it by now.

I think I program has shown a commitment to continuous facilities improvement over the years.

We may not lead the way in training room upgrades, but if we need them to compete/recruit, I expect we'll see them in time.

But, waterfalls? Uh - no.

Say what you will about the fountain but I've heard when its through it will feature an elephant in a hula skirt. To the side a Bengal tiger and a dolphin fighting in the actual waterfall. The epic story of St.Nick in art form.

Say what you will about the fountain but I've heard when its through it will feature an elephant in a hula skirt. To the side a Bengal tiger and a dolphin fighting in the actual waterfall. The epic story of St.Nick in art form.

I have seem pictures of our traning room and i think we upgraded it a short time ago have we not?

Don't forget that Oregon has Phil Knight/Nike money; they shouldn't be used as a comparison as they will always have some of the better facilities for this reason.

This is why I don't buy anything Nike if I can help it. After reading about his antics with Oregon during the 2010 season I try not to give him my money if I have other options.

With Tim Cook being who he is, it'd be nice to get a nice, huge donation of iPads in the lockers and Apple TVs all over the training facilities.

^^^THIS! With everyone always talking Oregon having NIKE money, it's amazing to think that an Auburn graduate is now the CEO of Apple! Can you imagine us having Apple as one of our main sponsors?!

You have to keep up with the Smith's when it comes to upgrading. We have to have the very best if we want to sign the top football, basketball and baseball players.

Two things: first, Tim Cook is CEO of a very, very large company that is publicly and widely held. Since he took over, Apple's stock has dropped like a bomb (not his fault, but more competition), so he has a lot more on his plate than us. He would have to hurdle major obstacles to get some sort of deal done with us, unless he did it with his own person money. Second, if you follow recruiting closely, you'll see the kids keep referring to the new dorms and wellness center; that is a very expensive project!! Our locker/weight rooms are on par with most in the SEC, but we have got to do something quickly to the stadium. That is our achilles heel right now.

Two things: first, Tim Cook is CEO of a very, very large company that is publicly and widely held. Since he took over, Apple's stock has dropped like a bomb (not his fault, but more competition), so he has a lot more on his plate than us. He would have to hurdle major obstacles to get some sort of deal done with us, unless he did it with his own person money. Second, if you follow recruiting closely, you'll see the kids keep referring to the new dorms and wellness center; that is a very expensive project!! Our locker/weight rooms are on par with most in the SEC, but we have got to do something quickly to the stadium. That is our achilles heel right now.

Especially to the exterior of the stadium. As far as Apple v Nike you are exactly right, both are public companies so the CEOs cant just use corporate funds any way they want. It has to be legal. But also people need to remember that Knight is also the founder of Nike so he can probably get corporate things done a little easier if he wants to go that route. On a personal level, he is also much more wealthy than Cook, so he can do more there too. If Cook instead of Jobs had been the founder of Apple, it would be a fair comparison.

Especially to the exterior of the stadium. As far as Apple v Nike you are exactly right, both are public companies so the CEOs cant just use corporate funds any way they want. It has to be legal. But also people need to remember that Knight is also the founder of Nike so he can probably get corporate things done a little easier if he wants to go that route. On a personal level, he is also much more wealthy than Cook, so he can do more there too. If Cook instead of Jobs had been the founder of Apple, it would be a fair comparison.

All very correct!!

Archived