Chizik's New Gig

TecmoBoJackson

I agree Chiz is a good guy. He proved not to be such a good coach. Chiz did not give us a BCSNC, Newton did.

Nonsense. It took every piece of the puzzle to make it all come together. Remove one piece and there's no championship. Chizik was just as big a part of the championship as was Newton or anyone else you can name, and bigger than most.

I agree Chiz is a good guy. He proved not to be such a good coach. Chiz did not give us a BCSNC, Newton did.

Nonsense. It took every piece of the puzzle to make it all come together. Remove one piece and there's no championship. Chizik was just as big a part of the championship as was Newton or anyone else you can name, and bigger than most.

The man that was responsible is now our coach!! He got us out of many holes when it seemed like the game was out of reach!

The man that was responsible is now our coach!! He got us out of many holes when it seemed like the game was out of reach!

Every player on the team, every coach on the staff was responsible. Thinking one or three people were the sole reason we won a NC is a bit absurd.

Every player on the team, every coach on the staff was responsible. Thinking one or three people were the sole reason we won a NC is a bit absurd.

Yes everybody played a big part, but to watch the play calling to carve up defenses was a thing of beauty! WDE

It was two players and that was about it that won the NC. Really, overall, we had a very mediocre defense and an offense that utilized Cam in nearly every offensive position. Honestly, it wasn't even that good of a team when you compare it to other national championship teams. It's just the truth. Having said that, there is a precedent in place now that we should expect to win titles. Now that we have a guy who can actually coach, I anticipate being in the conversation most every year.

cam and nick were the stars and are getting paid now for it. every other player who made at least one good play was responsible. we had a lot of CLOSE games that role players contributed. chiz handled the season the only way it could have been handled and no other coach would have steered the ship that well. Gus was the only part of those 3 years that almost always worked his o was our identity and savior in the games we won. We have the right coach now. someone mentioned that chiz made the decision to go for it on 4th and 3 in the '10 iron bowl, go back and watch gus talk him into it.

Exactly! It was the perfect mix, and everyone involved had an important role in that success. Remove one person and it may not have happened.

Minus Ingram bama does not win the NC. Minus Richardson and backing into the NC game bama does not win the NC. Minus bama's OL and backing into another NC game bama does not win the NC versus ND. I get the point on Cam and Nick because their contributions were huge, but many players and coaches had contributions helping us secure our 2010 NC.

War Eagle !

Archived