2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 2 (Sat, Aug 3)

RunInRed

Is it just me, or are there a couple of D-linemen who seem to have a bit of a beer belly on them? IDK what a SEC d-tackle looks like, but I assume he is a fairly fit fellah. IDK though....

That's the fittest group on d-line I've seen in five years!!!

Yep!

I don't want all our D-Linemen with 6 packs. Nick F sure didn't have one.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way a 300 lb O or D lineman isn't gonna have at least a little "beer belly" is if they are on steroids. C'mon man!

The only way a 300 lb O or D lineman isn't gonna have at least a little "beer belly" is if they are on steroids. C'mon man!

Ha Ha. True. But you can tell they are a little more leaner and have added muscle where before it was moreso fat. A little more solid. I've seen Gabe's before and after S&C and he looks great but your right NoALtiger they'd be on roids if they had a 6 pack. lol.

“Overall our approach to practice, attitude and effort was good today,” Gus Malzahn said. “The pace was better today, and we definitely challenged our players with that.”

Practice was again split up into two parts, with the second part focusing more on the younger players. Tomorrow Auburn will put shoulder pads on for the first time this fall, and practice will go much faster with an emphasis on pace than it has the first two days.

“Tomorrows practice we will put everybody together for the first time,” Malzahn said. “We will be in shells, which will be very good for us to evaluate our guys upfront.”

Read more:The Auburn Plainsman - Auburn looks to speed things up after second day of football practice

Gus Malzahn's opens post-practice: "Very proud of Craig Sanders and Ryan Smith. They both graduated today." Kudos.

Malzahn said team will be in shells tomorrow, "which will be very good for us to evaluate the guys up front." Also, will be first 11-on-11.

Malzahn said the two new QBs felt more comfortable today. Reps and practice with QBs was similar to Friday, he said.

Malzahn on RB Tre Mason: "He feels very comfortable with the offense and with the communication."

...:

Malzahn on LT Greg Robinson: "That's a very critical position, especially in this league." ... That's gotta be a plus.

Malzahn said Demetruce McNeal should return to practice "fairly soon." He did not give a specific date.

Malzahn on McNeal: "He'll have chance to compete for a starting job, he'll have a chance to compete for playing time like the rest of them."

@AUBlog

Videos via @BMatt247 / http://auburnundercover.com

Players post-practice quotes in word form ...

Dee Ford on Steven Clark saying he better make him proud with #30: “Well, he’s a great punter. So I’m trying to be as good as him at d-end."

Trovon Reed: Lot of people think that Trovon Reed don’t exist anymore, so I’ve got to go out there and get better every day with my team.

Reed: "I read a lot of stuff, hear a lot of stuff. That’s all motivation, you know. I still believe in myself."

Reed said he felt out of place last year in Scot Loeffler's offense, bulking up to be better blocker. He's down to 185, feels normal again.

@AUBlog

DE Dee Ford switched to No. 30 jersey because it reminds him of high school. Time to be a new player because, well, it's a "new day."

Ford, on switch to 30: "Ninety-five, I see that being a different person ... I'm going back to old number. I feel like it's a new start."

DE Dee Ford on LT Greg Robinson: "A great athlete, future first-rounder."

Ford on Adams, Daniel and Lawson: "All three of the freshmen have violent hands and that's going to be the reason why they play this year."

@bmarcell

Players post-practice quotes in word form ...

Dee Ford on Steven Clark saying he better make him proud with #30: “Well, he’s a great punter. So I’m trying to be as good as him at d-end."

Trovon Reed: Lot of people think that Trovon Reed don’t exist anymore, so I’ve got to go out there and get better every day with my team.

Reed: "I read a lot of stuff, hear a lot of stuff. That’s all motivation, you know. I still believe in myself."

I think a lot of these players feel better about what they are doing now versus last year. On player That has really suprised me has been Ken Carter at DE. Dropping down to 280 and looks to have good speed. He looks more natural to DE than he did at DT. I think him and Ford are going to make a dynamic duo. WDE

Reed said he felt out of place last year in Scot Loeffler's offense, bulking up to be better blocker. He's down to 185, feels normal again.

@AUBlog

Shon Coleman is making some moves and Avery Young is rising through the ranks early in Auburn's fall camp.

The cancer survivor and offensive tackle moved from the left side and practiced at right tackle during the Tigers' practices Friday and Saturday. He's challenging Patrick Miller and Young for playing time at the spot, which appeared to primarily feature Young and Coleman rather than the spring's starter, Miller, during the open session of practice Saturday.

"Shon is a guy that played left for the most part in the spring, so we want to give him a shot at right," coach Gus Malzahn said. "We'll kind of move him back and forth. Pat's a very solid tackle in his own right."

Read more: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/08/auburns_avery_young_putting_in.html

RIR is the man!! :bow:

RIR I'm a member of Rivals and 247 and you blow both away..WDE..

You can't help but be rooting for Trovon Reed

13190918-mmmain.jpg

(Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

"A lot of people think that Trovon Reed don’t exist anymore," Reed said. "I read a lot of stuff, hear a lot of stuff. That’s all motivation, you know. I still believe in myself. I know what I can do."

"I thought it was going to be just like high school. I thought I was going to come in and just take over, you know," Reed said. "Injuries came with that. I mean, obstacles came with that."

"They were looking for big guys at receiver – big, physical guys," Reed said. "That’s just not my role. So being in this offense with Coach (Gus) Malzahn with the speed and all that, I feel like that’s my role."

"Trovon's one of those guys that he knows this offense. He knows all three receiver positions, and really even four, counting the slot to the boundary," Malzahn said. "Really looking forward to him contributing and making plays.

"That’s in the past. What happened, happened. I’m just looking at everything going forward," Reed said. "It’s motivation. Growing up, I was always the smallest on the field. Everybody always said I couldn’t do this, couldn’t do that. I defeated the odds. So I feel like I can do it now."

http://www.al.com/au...out_to_pro.html

I had not heard that Trovon's mother had passed away right about the time he came to AU. He and Quan have bonded over their experience and I believe we will see a'lot of #1 and #4 this year.

I saw 13 in a couple pics from Friday with special teams, but haven't seen him in any with the D-line. Is he working somewhere else?

I was wondering the same thing. Also, what # is Elijah Daniel? I want to try to keep an eye out for him as well

I saw 13 in a couple pics from Friday with special teams, but haven't seen him in any with the D-line. Is he working somewhere else?

I was wondering the same thing. Also, what # is Elijah Daniel? I want to try to keep an eye out for him as well

Adams doesnt look small to me. He is pretty cut up.

I think the reason some people thought he was small is because he doesnt have his sleeves rolled up like the other dlinemen. It gives the impression that he's smaller than he actually is since they're so baggy.

RIR, I may've missed it but, if miller isn't in the top two o-line units, do you think he's a redshirt candidate?

Archived