2013 Fall Camp - Practice 19 (Sun, Aug 18)

RunInRed

+1 I just hope they are done with the Cam questions and just let him be Nick. He's nothing like Cam...just let him write his own chapter at Auburn. I know we expect big things from him but i don't care to see or hear any Cam comparisons throughout the season. Probably wishful thinking for this to happen on my part but i hope it will be at a very minimum.

Guarantee it will be WISHFUL THINKING if Marshall has a break out year.. The Sports analysts will be constantly comparing him to Cam Newton.

I know the national analysts would be comparing him to Cam but i would hope our local guys would cut him a little slack when it came to asking him constant questions about Cam and writing article after article comparing him to Cam. Our reporters are the ones he's going to see and interview with the most.

Well you have to remember that in a presser where the topic was all about Nick, this is the same group of reporters that had one of their members ask Gus about uniforms.

Reporters will be reporters at times...we all know that. They want to talk about Cam...go to Charlotte. It's the Nick Marshall show so they should let him be Nick.

Our state media are pretty friendly to the players and it's rare for them to ask embarrassing questions or try to put them on the spot. It's the national media that Nick will have to be aware of....and I hope our coaches keep him far away from them. Let him be " Nick..at Auburn"....and not Cam ...and not Nick at UGa.

Nick has a fresh slate here and Auburn people need to help keep the focus on what he does here...and not what he did in the past...or what Cam did.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 I just hope they are done with the Cam questions and just let him be Nick. He's nothing like Cam...just let him write his own chapter at Auburn. I know we expect big things from him but i don't care to see or hear any Cam comparisons throughout the season. Probably wishful thinking for this to happen on my part but i hope it will be at a very minimum.

Guarantee it will be WISHFUL THINKING if Marshall has a break out year.. The Sports analysts will be constantly comparing him to Cam Newton.

I know the national analysts would be comparing him to Cam but i would hope our local guys would cut him a little slack when it came to asking him constant questions about Cam and writing article after article comparing him to Cam. Our reporters are the ones he's going to see and interview with the most.

Well you have to remember that in a presser where the topic was all about Nick, this is the same group of reporters that had one of their members ask Gus about uniforms.

Reporters will be reporters at times...we all know that. They want to talk about Cam...go to Charlotte. It's the Nick Marshall show so they should let him be Nick.

Our state media are pretty friendly to the players and it's rare for them to ask embarrassing questions or try to put them on the spot. It's the national media that Nick will have to be aware of....and I hope our coaches keep him far away from them. Let him be " Nick..at Auburn"....and not Cam ...and not Nick at UGa.

Nick has a fresh slate here and Auburn people need to help keep the focus on what he does here...and not what he did in the past...or what Cam did.

Agree 100%...part of my point.

Guest jojo1515

Anyone else notice that Gus said if was evaluating Cam at this point, he would feel about the same? Makes you wonder if he feels like Nick is really on the same level as Cam was after a few weeks in the system...of course everything could change come game time...

Not sure what state media you guys hear, but they can ask some pretty dumb questions themselves .....was it a state or national guy that asked the question about Cam comparisons..?

Can you imagine chasing NicK Marshall, Jonathan Ford and Corey Grant all afternoon, Then Malzahn puts in Tre Mason, Cameron Artis Payne, Peyton Barber, and Jay Prosch to crush your spirit, then sends in Shakespeare to humiliate you. Things are lookin up, WE COMIN!!! War Eagle. :Sing::wareagle:

You left out Patrick Lyman and Andrew Williams. :hellyeah:

Guest NC1406

Sorry to post this here but I have less than 50 posts and cannot start a new thread. Anyone hear anything about J. Jones having surgery today? I saw a tweet that wished him luck with his surgery?

^Who? It'd be better if you provided the first name. :)

Jonathan Jones or Jay Jones, a DB. #3 on your Roster. I'm trying to get a clarification on a surgery for him. I missed that tweet.

Sorry to post this here but I have less than 50 posts and cannot start a new thread. Anyone hear anything about J. Jones having surgery today? I saw a tweet that wished him luck with his surgery?

I saw that as well but have not seen or heard what kind of surgey he is having.

Guest NC1406

^Who? It'd be better if you provided the first name. :)

Your question regarding who I was referring to has been answered. I am somewhat new to posting but have hung around enough to know I should have given the full name. Especially with a common last name like Jones. will do better next time :)

Archived