2013 Fall Camp - Practice 19 (Sun, Aug 18)

RunInRed

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can yall please STFU.

Boy, the drama thickens and the tempers flair! :)/>

War 6, you are not the only one who predicted the final outcome, nor am I. What did surprise me is Jeremy Johnson's challenge as a true freshman. Makes me know what we have in the future QB as well.

AU has gone through some QB slumps in the past few years (with the exception of Super Cam) and has not had a regular starter in years. So glad that Nick has two more years (unless he just resets the record books this year), and JJ will have three to four years to play.

Let's just be glad we are hearing so many positives from our current players, coaches, and former coaches and remember that we all cheer for the team clad in Orange and Blue, with an eagle flying over our stadium every home game!

WDE and GO TIGERS!

Thank u!! That's what I was trying to say from the beginning, I Wasn't The Only One!! WDE

you .... and 2/3rd of the people here

Poll: Starting QB (262 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will be the starting QB week 1?

He's talking about a long time before that when NM signed. That's not accurate. There wasn't a poll then.

Guest jojo1515

Nick even though title says Gus

via Jason Caldwell

Thanks E!

Damn, I know it's your first interview and you're nervous, but learn how to SMILE..WDE

Get use to it man. That's just his demeanor for the most part. He's a soft spoken kid. He'll warm up as the season goes on.

I think he just knows smiling all the time was Cam's thing so he is doing the opposite to make sure and separate himself :)

via Jason Caldwell

Thanks E!

Damn, I know it's your first interview and you're nervous, but learn how to SMILE..WDE

Get use to it man. That's just his demeanor for the most part. He's a soft spoken kid. He'll warm up as the season goes on.

I think he just knows smiling all the time was Cam's thing so he is doing the opposite to make sure and separate himself :)

No...that's just him man. Trust me...i've followed him before he signed with Auburn but he does smile though. He'll warm up a little more....give him a little time. :)

+1 I just hope they are done with the Cam questions and just let him be Nick. He's nothing like Cam...just let him write his own chapter at Auburn. I know we expect big things from him but i don't care to see or hear any Cam comparisons throughout the season. Probably wishful thinking for this to happen on my part but i hope it will be at a very minimum.

Guarantee it will be WISHFUL THINKING if Marshall has a break out year.. The Sports analysts will be constantly comparing him to Cam Newton.

via Jason Caldwell

Thanks E!

Who cares? Pat Dye is one the worst speakers ever, but darn sure knew how to coach a Football team.

As long as he does his speaking on the gridiron, I could care less if he becomes a celebrity!

Guys! Please stop the thread jacking now. WE6 please stop posting about getting the Marshall pick right. You are looking like a fool to many on this board. The only reason you are posting about it was the disagreement with weagleweagle. Your posts whether you conciously realize it or not are directed at her...probably trying to fish a response from her so PM her instead. If you feel the need to reply to me do it via a PM.

Guest jojo1515

I know 83 lol. I was just lightening the mood a little. Kid is going to let his play on the field do his talking for him!

CGM seem almost giddy to any else?

Malzahn says Nick Marshall is one of the best athletes he's had at QB. "He's got a strong arm, and he's very calm.

@jzenor

More Malzahn on Marshall: "He's very unique. He's a phenomenal athlete, one of the better athletes I've ever had at the position.

@TheAUPlainsman

He was..it was reported by a couple of guys how giddy he seemed. I don't blame him!

But I was told he would be playin DB!! War Eagle Nick!!

You must not be right very often. This is coming up on two handful of times I have seen you with the "I told you so" post.

Ikr...maybe there should be a "I told you so" thread with cookies for everyone who called nick Marshall as starter....a place just for them to go...lol...

+1 I just hope they are done with the Cam questions and just let him be Nick. He's nothing like Cam...just let him write his own chapter at Auburn. I know we expect big things from him but i don't care to see or hear any Cam comparisons throughout the season. Probably wishful thinking for this to happen on my part but i hope it will be at a very minimum.

Guarantee it will be WISHFUL THINKING if Marshall has a break out year.. The Sports analysts will be constantly comparing him to Cam Newton.

I know the national analysts would be comparing him to Cam but i would hope our local guys would cut him a little slack when it came to asking him constant questions about Cam and writing article after article comparing him to Cam. Our reporters are the ones he's going to see and interview with the most.

via Jason Caldwell

Thanks E!

I think he just knows smiling all the time was Cam's thing so he is doing the opposite to make sure and separate himself :)/>

No...that's just him man. Trust me...i've followed him before he signed with Auburn but he does smile though. He'll warm up a little more....give him a little time. :)/>

I'm pretty sure jojo was just kidding.

So, if memory serves me right, CGM has a never had one quarterback start from him two years in a row. I think this goes all the way back to his days at University of Arkansas. To keep this streak alive, either Gus leaves AU after this season, NM leaves AU, or NM loses his job to JJ. My prediction is that NM has a Russell Wilson type year and leaves for the NFL. That would mean we are going to have a great season. War Eagle!!

I know 83 lol. I was just lightening the mood a little. Kid is going to let his play on the field do his talking for him!

lol. Yea...i know. Yep...that's the way he does it. Doesn't talk much but let his play do the talking. I have NO problem with that! Just let Nick be Nick and we'll ALL be happy! :wareagle:

via Jason Caldwell

Thanks E!

I think he just knows smiling all the time was Cam's thing so he is doing the opposite to make sure and separate himself :)/>

No...that's just him man. Trust me...i've followed him before he signed with Auburn but he does smile though. He'll warm up a little more....give him a little time. :)/>

I'm pretty sure jojo was just kidding.

I know he was...hence the smiley face.

So, if memory serves me right, CGM has a never had one quarterback start from him two years in a row. I think this goes all the way back to his days at University of Arkansas. To keep this streak alive, either Gus leaves AU after this season, NM leaves AU, or NM loses his job to JJ. My prediction is that NM has a Russell Wilson type year and leaves for the NFL. That would mean we are going to have a great season. War Eagle!!

Boy that's a bittersweet thought, huh. Would love to get some stability at QB, then maybe bring in JJ as a RS Sophomore. But If he goes pro, your point is valid. You'd think we'd have a pretty good season. I'd take it.

So, if memory serves me right, CGM has a never had one quarterback start from him two years in a row. I think this goes all the way back to his days at University of Arkansas. To keep this streak alive, either Gus leaves AU, NM leaves AU, or NM loses his job to JJ. My prediction is that NM has a Russell Wilson type year and leaves for the NFL. That would mean we are going to have a great season. War Eagle!!

And if Marshall does leave, Jeremy is right there for us. Man, it is great to be an AU Tiger. Future looks bright indeed!!

This is beginning to look a lot like the beginning of the Pat Dye days (except we will be an Offense powerhouse, instead of a defensive one).

Guys! Please stop the thread jacking now. WE6 please stop posting about getting the Marshall pick right. You are looking like a fool to many on this board. The only reason you are posting about it was the disagreement with weagleweagle. Your posts whether you conciously realize it or not are directed at her...probably trying to fish a response from her so PM her instead.

U dont have to worry el, I'm done! Again I wasn't the only one sayin I told u so!! And I'm not trying to fish weags out for nothing, we already had that discussion and squashed that a looong time ago!! WDE

Loved the Gus presser! We are so lucky to have talented quarterbacks. Hopefully, Marshall will be more and more comfortable with the playbook as time goes on. Has it only been 2 1/2 weeks since he started practice? Both he and Jeremy have had a really hard task to try to get up to speed in that amount of time. I also loved what he had to say about Wallace. I get the sense that Wallace is just a natural leader. I am personally grateful for the effort he put into last season and the poise that he had under a very difficult situation...War Eagle and let's kick some butt!

Oh, and Gus made it pretty clear that Marshall hasn't learned everything in the playbook yet, so when he starts out with a smaller amount of plays to run, let's all promise not to criticize him right off the bat! Let's give him a chance to expand his playbook as the season goes along...

Oh, and Gus made it pretty clear that Marshall hasn't learned everything in the playbook yet, so when he starts out with a smaller amount of plays to run, let's all promise not to criticize him right off the bat! Let's give him a chance to expand his playbook as the season goes along...

+1

Guys! Please stop the thread jacking now. WE6 please stop posting about getting the Marshall pick right. You are looking like a fool to many on this board. The only reason you are posting about it was the disagreement with weagleweagle. Your posts whether you conciously realize it or not are directed at her...probably trying to fish a response from her so PM her instead.

U dont have to worry el, I'm done! Again I wasn't the only one sayin I told u so!! And I'm not trying to fish weags out for nothing, we already had that discussion and squashed that a looong time ago!! WDE

Not trying to get too involved, but the fact that you weren't the only one doing it only made it MORE annoying...not more ok. Let's just get back to football.

Not trying to get too involved, but the fact that you weren't the only one doing it only made it MORE annoying...not more ok. Let's just get back to football.

Exactly!!

Archived