2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

Craig has had Burt as "his guy" for a year now. Kirk and Merritt are good athletes, but Burt is taller with good hands. Tough call.

Had quite a few drops at The Opening.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're down to only taking one more WR? I don't guess I had realized that. Seems like there are still several on the board we are after, would be tough to turn one away if it came down to that.

If we can get any two of the three mentioned, we'll take them. All this "we only have one slot left for such-and-such a position" is nonsense. The board may currently have one slot to fill. If two great prospects want to come to Auburn, two slots will appear as if by magic. In most cases, if three such prospects want Auburn, three slots will appear.

Craig has had Burt as "his guy" for a year now. Kirk and Merritt are good athletes, but Burt is taller with good hands. Tough call.

E, not trying to be difficult with you but I saw Burt make some very good catches too. He was fast, had excellent size and make some great moves with the ball in his hands too. I think he is very good. That being said, I like the others as well.

E, not trying to be difficult with you but I saw Burt make some very good catches too. He was fast, had excellent size and make some great moves with the ball in his hands too. I think he is very good. That being said, I like the others as well.

I thought he did well. He might be thinking of George Campbell ?

So we're down to only taking one more WR? I don't guess I had realized that. Seems like there are still several on the board we are after, would be tough to turn one away if it came down to that.

If we can get any two of the three mentioned, we'll take them. All this "we only have one slot left for such-and-such a position" is nonsense. The board may currently have one slot to fill. If two great prospects want to come to Auburn, two slots will appear as if by magic. In most cases, if three such prospects want Auburn, three slots will appear.

It's no nonsense Mikey. As of now the staff is planning at most 1 more WR whether you choose to believe it or not. There are other needs higher on the board than a 2nd uncommitted WR and we only have 11 more open spots in this class, 10 if Golson retroactively counts to the 2015 class when he goes on scholly later. Of the open spots left 1 to 2 OL, 1 QB if it's Dre, 5 DL, 1 CB, 2 LBs, 1 WR. That's 12 priorities above a 2nd WR with 10 or 11 open spots. We'll have to miss on guys at a position or 2 to take a 2nd uncommitted WR

I thought he did well. He might be thinking of George Campbell ?

Nope. I watched all 5 and a half hours plus read all the blurbs from all the recruiting sites. I saw him drop a few easy passes and read blurbs on him dropping passes as well. He may have the Ric Lois trait of dropping the easy ones and catching the tough ones.I would love to have the kid but I'm not going to wear O & B glasses on hoiw he performed at The Opening. He definitely had his misses.

I agree. The thought that we would turn away a high 4* or a 5* WR who really wanted to commit, because we "only have one slot left", is pure silliness. If that time ever comes, there are as many WR slots left as the coaches say are left.

It's no nonsense Mikey. As of now the staff is planning at most 1 more WR whether you choose to believe it or not. There are other needs higher on the board than a 2nd uncommitted WR and we only have 11 more open spots in this class, 10 if Golson retroactively counts to the 2015 class when he goes on scholly later. Of the open spots left 1 to 2 OL, 1 QB if it's Dre, 5 DL, 1 CB, 2 LBs, 1 WR. That's 12 priorities above a 2nd WR with 10 or 11 open spots. We'll have to miss on guys at a position or 2 to take a 2nd uncommitted WR

I didn't say how many they are planning on. What I said was if two or three top of the line WR prospects want to commit to Auburn, room will be made for them. Such plans are flexible and as you should well know, every year we get a few more at one position and a few less at another depending on how things shake out going into signing day.

To repeat what IronMan70 stated above, the idea that we'd turn down a 5* WR because "we don't have another WR slot" is silly.

I didn't say how many they are planning on. What I said was if two or three top of the line WR prospects want to commit to Auburn, room will be made for them. Such plans are flexible and as you should well know, every year we get a few more at one position and a few less at another depending on how things shake out going into signing day.

To repeat what IronMan70 stated above, the idea that we'd turn down a 5* WR because "we don't have another WR slot" is silly.

Only 2 of out top targets are 5*s in CK and Campbell and they are both very long shots right so throwing out the standard we would make room for 2 5*s is pointless and irrelevent here as it was not the crux of my OP. Merritt and Burt are much more likely and I don't see us taking both of them.

Merritt and Burt are much more likely and I don't see us taking both of them.

I see us taking both of them if we can get both. (we could end up with neither) I see us taking those two plus Campbell if we can get all three. So our opinions differ.

I read where Kirk was the class of the WR. Getting him out of AZ would be tough. Im just glad we are back to being in it for elite WRs again.

I do not think getting him out of AZ will be hard. What will be hard is beating TA&M for him.

On 247, Wesley Sinor CB'd him to Auburn.

Just another in the long line of al.com morons.

Not a very nice thing to say (write) although it might be true. I wouldn't know.

You must not read his Bama slanted articles then. All you who follow me know I'm one of the last around here to go to that line of thinking.

Lol, u got that right!

I read where Kirk was the class of the WR. Getting him out of AZ would be tough. Im just glad we are back to being in it for elite WRs again.

I do not think getting him out of AZ will be hard. What will be hard is beating TA&M for him.

And Southern Cal. He likes them a lot more than many people realize.

AU likes both Burt and Kirk. Looks like AU thinks they have a better chance at Burt reading KN's latest article. I'll take either and call it a day at WR.

Dang Dixie you post more on 247 than you do here and you owe me credit on the Gus visor sig. :bananadance:

• 2 weeks later...

“@AKRivals: UPDATE: 4-star WR John Burt (@burticus21) will announce on Sunday at 3 p.m. Finalists are #Canes, #Longhorns, #Noles and #WDE. More soon.”

"@AKRivals: UPDATE: 4-star WR John Burt (@burticus21) will announce on Sunday at 3 p.m. Finalists are #Canes, #Longhorns, #Noles and #WDE. More soon."

Absolutely nothing from the AU Rivals reporters on the bunker so my guess is not looking good for AU.

Archived