Trap game (?) for Lsu?

freemanjiro

The interwebz are full of UGA vs. LSU banter - possible match up between west and east champs. LSU and AU have, over the years tended to play exciting, down to the wire games. Is it possible that those other Tigers (fans? players? coaches?) are looking ahead to UGA? Are they focused on their task at hand - taking care of AU in Baton Rouge this weekend? My gut is telling me that LSU's focus is not on AU as it should be, but instead on UGA. Trap game for LSU? Will they be ready and focused, or will they be overlooking our Tigers?

They do go to UGA next week. I'm not sure how their players feel about Auburn, but nationally our perception isn't the best right now. This could be a perfect scenario for us to pull the upset.

Oh their FANS have completely overlooked the AU game, no doubt. And the fans certainly have that luxury. Highly paid coaches don't have that luxury and must take one game at a time.

Bottom line, AU needs to get better as a team so that our rivals (fans) don't look at us as a lay up game. We need to get back to the point where we put up a fight & compete again and not just in freakin football!

Oh their FANS have completely overlooked the AU game, no doubt. And the fans certainly have that luxury. Highly paid coaches don't have that luxury and must take one game at a time.

Bottom line, AU needs to get better as a team so that our rivals (fans) don't look at us as a lay up game. We need to get back to the point where we put up a fight & compete again and not just in freakin football!

I have no problem being looked at as a "lay up game". Im not sure I buy that but, if we are, that's more a reflection of our opponents over confidence than it is on Auburn's team. Trust me on this, Auburn has been considered a lay up game many many times in our history. Several games against Alrbamr and the mighty gators certainly fall into that category. Hell, we even made Lou Holths a Senator one of those years.

Is it ever possible that the fans overlook but the player s don't? Surely the same feelings have to be felt somewhat since it is the same rivalry. I understand the players have coached pounding into them not to overlook a team...but still...records are records,and media is media? right?

Their fans are definitely overlooking AU. Their coaches are most definitely not. The big question is whether the PLAYERS listen to the hype, the press clippings, and their fellow students or to their coaches. If the players come in with Georgia on their mind, we have a good chance. If their fellow students are telling them to beat Georgia and just assuming they'll beat Auburn, that can only be good for us.

The one thing we have going for us is that LSU has a skewed perspective on how good they are. They thought their performance against TCU was a good measuring stick, but TCU has turned out to be an over-ranked disappointment. The other two teams they have played, we would have put up 50+ on, easily, and probably held out of the endzone, completely. It's going to be interesting to see what LSU does when the face an offense that can score at any time and a defense that stays fresh and wants it bad.

I'm not saying we're going to win, but I think anyone who's calling for a blowout hasn't been paying good enough attention.

I think their lack of effort and intensity in last's year game will prevent them from overlooking us this season.

^^ This ^^

Stat, you are correct.

In the end it doesn't matter what the fans think nor the coaches. It doesn't even matter what LSU players think. What matters is what these Auburn Tigers think, and by all that I have seen and heard, they believe they can and will win. My money is that NM and company walking away with a "W" and les the mess will be puking on his grass. WDE.

In the end it doesn't matter what the fans think nor the coaches. It doesn't even matter what LSU players think. What matters is what these Auburn Tigers think, and by all that I have seen and heard, they believe they can and will win. My money is that NM and company walking away with a "W" and les the mess will be puking on his grass. WDE.

Bingo

Archived