Two things to look for Saturday

DKW 86

:au: has been really highlighting the Kicking game.

Could we be planning something special for :ua: ? Blocked punt, or just tightening up our own kicking.

Also the gadget plays have at least some :ua: Fans thinking. I had one tell me today that he expected a gadget play on the first :au: series. I am going to watch for a throwback to Jason by a RB, maybe RB?

Not really a trick play or anything, but I fully expect CW to break open a punt return (or two) and take it all the way to the house. He's come so close in the past few games. Would love to see him finally do so in the stadium he's never played in before. :au: WDE

I believe we may see a lot of Prothro at QB. I may be wrong, but I don't think Pennington will play very much. Gimp left arm (could'nt even move it Sunday) and sore ribs? He won't be very effective at all back there. He adds nothing. I predict he may start but will give way to Prothro shortly after. Prothro will give them a second running back and a "chance to surprise us" with something different. I think its their only chance. It, in effect, doubles the options on each play. Its what I would do... cause Bammer has no one to throw it. And I don't think they are gonna develop a passing game in one week. They will try to strenghten their running game and what better way than to add a running QB? Just my prediction.... probably way off... but it could happen. I think we still win. 23-13.

Probably why practice was closed this week. I, too, feel Prothro will see more time at QB. And don't think Chizik and CTT have missed that possibility by watching films. But I don't believe that's enough. You don't make an SEC QB in one week. He might know enough to run some options, etc, but not enough to overcome a good AU Defense.

When the offense says they are putting a wrinmkle in a play, it doesn't have to be a flick flicker or a hook and ladder. The coaching staff may just have seen something on film that allows RB or CW to be isolated in man coverage in certain formations or what not.

Perfect example, CTT said 2 years ago that they watch film all year long on alabama and noticed that bama was missing coverage on a delayed pass to the tight end in the middle of the field. AUscored twice on delayed passes to the tight end. That is why Borges is so good. He finds ways to beat you heads up and looks for the defenses weakness...THEN and only then if the defense starts cheating up...he will burn you with a flea flicker or somethin!

I predict that both Pennington and Guillon will get hurt in this game since they are already hurt. I don't believe that McLain can last the entire game either. AU defense is going to eat their lunch. wde! :D

I predict that both Pennington and Guillon will get hurt in this game since they are already hurt. I don't believe that McLain can last the entire game either. AU defense is going to eat their lunch. wde! :D

124079[/snapback]

I hate to see anyone get hurt, but...

If I'm Mike Shula I'm thinking:

"Stan 'The Predator' McClover + Spencer Pennington = next quaterback?"

My main concern is that Ingle will be able to play effectively throughout the game.

124095[/snapback]

IF we have the sort of game we've been playing for the most of the season, and IF Alabama is as one-dimensional and lacking in depth as they look on paper (and I know--there go the "ifs"), we could build a big enough lead that Ingle wouldn't have to play the whole game. By mid- to late third quarter, our defense and Ingle's back-up would be able to wrap up the game without allowing a wounded, non-passing Bama a chance to catch up.

But again, I'm only talking about past trends and paper theory--We'll see in a few short hours and I'll settle for a one-point victory on the last play of the game. :au:

Archived