We MUST beat Alabama...

Altima

Funny. Baylor had five starters on offense out this week, including the two starting RBs, their best WR, and their starting LT. Petty still passed for 350 yards. Wake me up when AJ does something remotely similar.

...against the 93rd ranked pass defense...while getting his brains beat in. Of course getting blown out will lead to a ton of yards. They didn't put one in the end zone until it was 35-3 and in the 4th quarter. Against the 83rd ranked pass defense, AJ went 20/29 for 334 yards and 4 TDs. And won. I'd say that's similar.

Mariota's had two INTs in, what, 340 attempts?

Mariota had two INTs Saturday. Against an awful defense. Mariota has faced how many good defenses this year? How many ranked teams? 2? He lost to one of them.

You probably thought Oregon should be #1 too before they played Stanford. Everyone's sooooo impressed with stat padding against awful teams.

The Heisman goes to (supposedly) the Most Outstanding Player not the best team. AJ has the best team around him. Put him on Florida's team, would he the best player in America? Put Manziel on UAT's team, are they still 11-0. Dang right. Winning shouldn't be a prerequisite. The most outstanding player is not the player with the tenth highest QB rating and 45th highest passing yards.

Manziel would be my vote. I think he's the best player in the country. But you know there are a lot of other factors. Including the fact that he did zilch against LSU and got blown out...against the same team Alabama blew out 3 weeks ago - where AJ threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Yes, lets go ahead and crown McCarron. Against a 9-3 LSU team (and a sketchy defense in their own right)... he did throw 3 TD's...

-a 5 yard pass to a TE, that ran it 52 yards

-a lob from 9 yards out

-and most impressive, (a complete Bud Kilmer move by saban) he had a 1 yard dump to a RB with no time left on the clock...

Man, that is some impressive QB play right there!

But that's what McCarron is. He has never made tough throws, because he's never had to. He makes a living off wide open receivers and screen passes. So it's kind of hard to give the 'most outstanding player' award to a player who has never been outstanding... my opinion.

I had this discussion today with my friends, one of which a big bammer. (although he normally has a pretty level head) He said if he had last years stats, Aj should be a contender because it is a down year for the heisman this year. He said he should be considered but didn't really act like he felt like he should be close to winning it.

So i said tell me if any of these qbs would do any worse than AJ if they were at bama? Manziel, Mariota, petty, bridgewater, mettengburger, murray, Franklin, Winston.

He said no. So in my opinion, if you can put at least that many guys in AJ's position and expect the same results if not better, then there is no way that he can be considered the most outstanding player.

As hard as it is for me i will defend GayJ mctat in one aspect, he does what is asked of him pretty well. He does not turn the ball over much and manages the game. And i don't want to knock someone for not doing things that they don't have to. While i firmly believe he would be terrible if he were A&Ms qb, we don't know for sure because he hasnt had to do anything of the sort. However, with that said, we can't give to the award based on potential. the bottom line is he hasn't done anything close to what some of the other guys have. This is not a career award or a team award!!!

I wonder if mccarron's girl friend will be wearing crimpsum at the game?

I bet she will. It's not about Auburn. It's about her.

I'm glad someone else sees this. I can't stand her anymore, don't claim her as anything auburn. Plus i know a girl that was in some pageant she and aj were at and she told me they were both very rude.

We have to win. There is no other option. All the BS and comments and trash. Poisoning our trees .. arrogant fans ..

I agree with the sentiment for sure . But they will probably be able to stop us more than we can stop them .

We will need some extra from some phase to win it .

I know before he season started I would have said NO-WAY we beat bama. But now, I think this team can very well pull the upset over the turds...I mean tide. I hope these young men remember what happened to them last year. That should be enough to motivate them.

I think aj's 2 INT's against missy state really helped his team win that day.

You should not win the trophy because you have the best defense to bail you out.

We MUST beat Bama! This is self-evident. Therefore, the issue of whether AJ wins the Heisman is irrelevant. To keep him from winning it is not the reason we MUST beat Bama! We simply MUST.

Beat Bama!

Funny, you guys were ready to give it to Mariota a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure to Bryce Petty before yesterday.

Stats are misleading. But let's see how AJ does Saturday first.

Btw, 8 of the 9 QBs ahead of AJ in passing eff have a combined 4 wins over currently ranked teams. The other is Mettenberger - who lost to Bama. None of them have beaten more than 1 ranked team, including Winston. All but JF and Mett have spent most their season facing s*** defenses.

For the record, CJ Mosely is the best player in the country. Be we know how this award works - he won't get close to it.

You are right in that this award is usually given to an offensive player and CJ has no chance. But AJ is not the best player on your O. IMO, TJ has had more carries so his stats look better but Drake is more of a dynamic runner. Unlike some, I think AJ is a good QB but he is not a Heisman QB.

You are right in that this award is usually given to an offensive player and CJ has no chance. But AJ is not the best player on your O. IMO, TJ has had more carries so his stats look better but Drake is more of a dynamic runner. Unlike some, I think AJ is a good QB but he is not a Heisman QB.

Until Drake improves his fumbilitis though...he's not going to get the focus he could get.

Until Drake improves his fumbilitis though...he's not going to get the focus he could get.

Yeldon has shown a tendency to drop the ball too. Hope they both have the drops saturday

Funny a bamafan in an Auburn forum arguing that his QB deserves the Heisman like he's going to get a lot of consensus here. In the spirit of the award AJMc doesn't deserve the Heisman because he's not even the best player on their team much less in the country....just like that RB who won it over there. He wasn't anywhere near the best player on that team..

I'll never understand why AU men even acknowledge his posts, and give him any degree of credibility.

I've got him blocked, I wish people would quit quoting his posts.

Yeldon has shown a tendency to drop the ball too. Hope they both have the drops saturday

Yeldon does fumble, but the MSU game was a perfect example of the difference between the two. TJ's fumble came when both arms were around the ball and he took a helmet from behind. Drake's came where he was running between the tackles and the ball was just dangling down for anyone to swat.

We will win this game. Stop saying things like, "if we win", "we got to win", and so forth. We are going to win this game, and that is that. Be bold and do not accept anything less than a solid win in the 2013 Iron Bowl. History has already been written, and all we need to do is to sit back and enjoy the fruits of the hard labor of this team and coaching staff. Take no prisoners!!!

I am a die hard Georgia Bulldog fan....but this Saturday I am an Auburn fan. Make a lot of people proud and beat Alabama. We need a change.and

Auburn is the answer to making.this happen. Good luck this weekend. Go Auburn.

I am a die hard Georgia Bulldog fan....but this Saturday I am an Auburn fan. Make a lot of people proud and beat Alabama. We need a change.and

Auburn is the answer to making.this happen. Good luck this weekend. Go Auburn.

You guys had your chance to make change ;)

BamaGrad - when you mentioned the QBs in front of AJ only beating a handful of good teams, you know you guys have only beaten two currently ranked teams, both of them with highest ranked 3 loss teams I believe and on of them (Texas A&M) having one of the worst defenses in CFB. Competition wise, AJ's isn't much better. Then you compare what AJ has for his weapons, defense and coach, is it really that impressive for him to be #10? Certainly not Heisman worthy.

It kills me that the Heisman is for 1 season, yet every time someone brings up AJ, they have to talk about his career to even make an argument. AJ is a helluva game manager, and I believe will get a shot at the next level before settling in as a back up, but a HEISMAN CANDIDATE!!!!! WTH!!! I put him in the Stan Whites and Jay Barkers of College Football, but the Heisman is for "special" players, and he just doesn't belong.

Look AJ McCarron is gonna back his way into Heisman... plain and simple. He's not winning for what he has done, he's gonna win it because of what other candidates have done/ haven't done...

But that's the Alabama way... Alabama always gets the mulligan. In 2011 and 2012, they lose late in the year, but they get the mulligan... In the same sense, AJ can have an embarrassing performance against MSU, but it's ok...

Johnny Football and Bryce Petty have a bad game, they have played their way out of the Heisman. AJ gets the mulligan... see?

McCarron has failed to throw for 200 yards the last 3 weeks... Outstanding indeed! Heisman worthy!!!

YES! We must beat bama. I think the key is blocking that mosely guy really hard. Knock him off his rocker Prosch!! Bust him in the nose & make it bleed. Keep him from making spotlight tackles on Mason & Marshall. If they are in 3-4 defense, Prosch will have a chance. I like our chances!

War Eagle yall

Archived