We MUST beat Alabama...

Altima

For the simple fact... if bammer beats AU, AJ McCarron will win the Heisman. Write it down, because it will happen. And that will be the travesty of all travesties.

With all due respect, Ingram was already that travesty.

Very true... If McTat wins, they will have 2 of the worst (statistically) Heisman winners of all time!

I have been wanting to start this topic for a while. I don't think there is a more motivation than for any game we have played in ...SEC west champ, potential SEC champ game and NC game, Heisman, Bitter Rival,Recruiting, Restoring a program. Its time for the players to step up and play their most complete game, we have not done that YET. Defense, step up. I think the know it...If not the coaches should schedule every players meeting in this one. WDE and BEAT BAMA. Share this link... http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/beat_bama_recruit_provides_fan.html

AJ is ranked 45th in passing yards. He is 10th in QB Rating, behind all the others QBs being mentioned in the Heisman talks.

That is why this would be such a crock, if he were to win. He is NOWHERE near being the most outstanding player in college football! Hell, much like Ingram, he's not even the best player on his own team!

I like where we are right now. All that disrespect can't hurt this team. We've been through a lot in a years time. Bring it on!

I wonder if mccarron's girl friend will be wearing crimpsum at the game?

I bet she will. It's not about Auburn. It's about her.

with all the bcs talk I forget we still have to play bammer. so I do think I have conceded that we beat them. that's weird because 4 or 5 weeks ago I didn't think we could.

With all due respect, Ingram was already that travesty.

I have always said Ingram was not the best player on his team much less in the country. ....

He was not even the best Running Back on his team. Richardson and Lacy both were better than Ingram.

Funny, you guys were ready to give it to Mariota a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure to Bryce Petty before yesterday.

Stats are misleading. But let's see how AJ does Saturday first.

Btw, 8 of the 9 QBs ahead of AJ in passing eff have a combined 4 wins over currently ranked teams. The other is Mettenberger - who lost to Bama. None of them have beaten more than 1 ranked team, including Winston. All but JF and Mett have spent most their season facing s*** defenses.

For the record, CJ Mosely is the best player in the country. Be we know how this award works - he won't get close to it.

Funny, you guys were ready to give it to Mariota a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure to Bryce Petty before yesterday.

Btw, 8 of the 9 QBs ahead of AJ in passing eff have a combined 4 wins over currently ranked teams. The other is Mettenberger - who lost to Bama. None of them have beaten more than 1 ranked team, including Winston. All but JF and Mett have spent most their season facing s*** defenses.

For the record, CJ Mosely is the best player in the country. Be we know how this award works - he won't get close to it.

Funny. Baylor had five starters on offense out this week, including the two starting RBs, their best WR, and their starting LT. Petty still passed for 350 yards. Wake me up when AJ does something remotely similar. Mariota's had two INTs in, what, 340 attempts?

Keep trolling.

CJ is not even rated as the best LB in the country. He's rated #2 behind that kid from UCLA. I think he's a great player, though....and will be a top 15 draft pick.

The Heisman goes to (supposedly) the Most Outstanding Player not the best team. AJ has the best team around him. Put him on Florida's team, would he the best player in America? Put Manziel on UAT's team, are they still 11-0. Dang right. Winning shouldn't be a prerequisite. The most outstanding player is not the player with the tenth highest QB rating and 45th highest passing yards.

with all the bcs talk I forget we still have to play bammer. so I do think I have conceded that we beat them. that's weird because 4 or 5 weeks ago I didn't think we could.

We can, but we still have to

Funny. Baylor had five starters on offense out this week, including the two starting RBs, their best WR, and their starting LT. Petty still passed for 350 yards. Wake me up when AJ does something remotely similar.

...against the 93rd ranked pass defense...while getting his brains beat in. Of course getting blown out will lead to a ton of yards. They didn't put one in the end zone until it was 35-3 and in the 4th quarter. Against the 83rd ranked pass defense, AJ went 20/29 for 334 yards and 4 TDs. And won. I'd say that's similar.

Mariota's had two INTs in, what, 340 attempts?

Mariota had two INTs Saturday. Against an awful defense. Mariota has faced how many good defenses this year? How many ranked teams? 2? He lost to one of them.

You probably thought Oregon should be #1 too before they played Stanford. Everyone's sooooo impressed with stat padding against awful teams.

The Heisman goes to (supposedly) the Most Outstanding Player not the best team. AJ has the best team around him. Put him on Florida's team, would he the best player in America? Put Manziel on UAT's team, are they still 11-0. Dang right. Winning shouldn't be a prerequisite. The most outstanding player is not the player with the tenth highest QB rating and 45th highest passing yards.

Manziel would be my vote. I think he's the best player in the country. But you know there are a lot of other factors. Including the fact that he did zilch against LSU and got blown out...against the same team Alabama blew out 3 weeks ago - where AJ threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Funny a bamafan in an Auburn forum arguing that his QB deserves the Heisman like he's going to get a lot of consensus here. In the spirit of the award AJMc doesn't deserve the Heisman because he's not even the best player on their team much less in the country....just like that RB who won it over there. He wasn't anywhere near the best player on that team..

Funny a bamafan in an Auburn forum arguing that his QB deserves the Heisman like he's going to get a lot of consensus here. In the spirit of the award AJMc doesn't deserve the Heisman because he's not even the best player on their team much less in the country....just like that RB who won it over there. He wasn't anywhere near the best player on that team..

I'll never understand why AU men even acknowledge his posts, and give him any degree of credibility.

Oh I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm just offering a counter to all the people who drool over padded stats in a 70-7 win over a Nicholls St or Kansas...

Oh I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm just offering a counter to all the people who drool over padded stats in a 70-7 win over a Nicholls St or Kansas...

That's funny coming from a bama fan where their opponents had a 42-59 record against FBS teams and a 22-49 record against AQ teams. So maybe AJ's #10 QB ranking is very much inflated also.

Archived