LSU Tiger in the house

HatcherTiger

Sure would be nice to have back to back NCs from the SEC West. Hope you get a shot at USC. The boys from the land of fruits and nuts have no idea what SEC football is about, smash mouth all the way. I know that all you want is a shot but I'd like to see US(u)C(k) and their media darling buddies humbled a bit. Trust me when you win the whining and exuses will be endless, but the crystal trophy tells no lies. Good luck.

Sure would be nice to have back to back NCs from the SEC West.  Hope you get a shot at USC.  The boys from the land of fruits and nuts have no idea what SEC football is about, smash mouth all the way.  I know that all you want is a shot but I'd like to see US(u)C(k) and their media darling buddies humbled a bit.  Trust me when you win the whining and exuses will be endless, but the crystal trophy tells no lies.  Good luck.

125526[/snapback]

Thanks Hatch. First we've got to get by UT again, then we'll take stock of what it is we have to do. 12-0 is the immediate goal now. AU vs SC only happens if OU falls asleep in their conference cg. Don't see it happening. More likely if ND or UCLA catches SC napping -- then we'd be playing OU. I'd be grateful for either matchup at this point. The Sugar Bowl is still a heck of an accomplishment regardless. If AU is fortunate to get to 13-0 at the Sugar Bowl, then hey ... I'm sure someone somewhere will recognize AU for reaching that pinnacle. 13-0 is the ultimate goal -- doen't matter to me who we have to beat to get there. :au: WDE

I'm sorry but if you come out of the SEC undefeated and you don't play for the National Championship, something is wrong, very wrong. But you are right, undefeated and going to the Sugar Bowl is something to be proud of. Oh yeah, see you boys next year in Baton Rouge, I'm sure it will be a good one ... again !

I'm sorry but if you come out of the SEC undefeated and you don't play for the National Championship, something is wrong, very wrong.  ...

125534[/snapback]

We already know what's wrong: the BCS!

What difference is there between Olympic figure skating champions & the Div-IA football BCS champions? None. Both are determined by a points system that calculates a combination of perceived technical difficulty with unwritten "style" points. And that makes the pollsters & voters in this system about as ethical as a French ice dancing judge.

The solution is so simple: Let Utah play SC in the Rose, AU play OU in the Sugar, and then let the winners duke it out a week later in the Orange. :au: WDE

Sorry man but your frustration is pointing in the wrong direction. The BCS is the only thing that is still giving you a shot at playing for the national championship.

The problem lies in the human polls. Auburn would be 3rd without the BCS. Why is USC ranked 1st and Auburn 3rd? Is it because USC is a better team than Auburn? Nope. Is it because a system has fairly evaluated the accomplishments of USC, OU and Auburn over the entire year and determined USC is better than Auburn? nope. Is it because USC has beaten better and tougher opponents than Auburn this year? Nope.

USC is #1 and Auburn is #3 because the AP voters GIFTED USC with a higher ranking than Auburn before 1 down of football was played. I argued the same thing for LSU last year and I'm saying the same thing this year. Auburn is getting screwed because of AP bias and specifically bias for USC. If the same BCS system from last year was in place Auburn might actually be ranked #2 in the BCS but because darling USC was left out they changed the BCS and gave even more power to the human polls.

THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE THAT AUBURN WILL GO UNDEFEATED AND WIN THE SEC AND STILL NOT PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. THAT IS COMPLETE bull****! It would still be that way with or without the BCS because unless USC loses the media will declare them national champion regardless of their cupcake conference.

Every SEC fan should be pissed that LSU was forced to share a championship they earned fair and square last year and every SEC fan should be pissed if Auburn isn't given a shot this year. Unfortunately I predicted last year that the media bias for USC might come back to bite Auburn fans in the ass. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Good luck.

I'm sorry but if you come out of the SEC undefeated and you don't play for the National Championship, something is wrong, very wrong.  ...

125534[/snapback]

What difference is there between Olympic figure skating champions & the Div-IA football BCS champions? None. Both are determined by a points system that calculates a combination of perceived technical difficulty with unwritten "style" points. And that makes the pollsters & voters in this system about as ethical as a French ice dancing judge.

The solution is so simple: Let Utah play SC in the Rose, AU play OU in the Sugar, and then let the winners duke it out a week later in the Orange. :au: WDE

125544[/snapback]

:lsu: Coach Saban is a big proponent of the type of playoff you propose. My guess it won't happen unless the money works for all the bowls involved.

Unfortunately I predicted last year that the media bias for USC might come back to bite Auburn fans in the ass.

Huh? (Lassie-look) Never saw a single LSU fan even come close to picking AU to even make it out of the SEC west....try again.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sorry man but your frustration is pointing in the wrong direction. The BCS is the only thing that is still giving you a shot at playing for the national championship.

125573[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. The old system would probably look something like this as I pointed out in The Woodshed last week:

Orange - OU vs. Cal

Sugar - AU vs. Texas

Rose - USC vs. Michigan

Fiesta - Utah vs. Louisville for mid-major bragging rights

Granted, four wins by the undefeated leads to a great debate. But at least all four major bowls mean something. The system we have now makes every bowl besides the Orange irrevalent. And, in my opinion, still doesn't crown a true national champion. Until there is a four or eight or sixteen team playoff, (I prefer four as it makes the regular season just as important as it is now) there will always be debate. However, these facts still remain and are undisputed:

11-0 with 1 more to go to SEC Champs, which still means something

3 straight wins over Bama

4 wins out of 5 years over Bama

We still believe in Auburn ... and love it!

War Damn Eagle! :au::au::au::au::au::au::au::au:

Archived