What is Auburn - Chopped Liver?

stealthyfan

Gus is not going anywhere for now

Wait ... what do you mean by 'for now'? Are you saying he's leaving?! GUS IS LEAVING?!?!

:big:/>

50/50

Annnnnnnnd there it is. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait ... what do you mean by 'for now'? Are you saying he's leaving?! GUS IS LEAVING?!?!

50/50

You guys really should use the Sarcasm button/highlight or something. there are those on this board that think the sky is falling on AU at the least little bit of rumor. >:D

50/50

You guys really should use the Sarcasm button/highlight or something. there are those on this board that think the sky is falling on AU at the least little bit of rumor. >:D

I'd wonder about anyone who didn't get that I was kidding. Especially given the evil grin. But I guess you never know.

:big:

God your ADD

Golf, you're OLD.

:poke:

God your ADD

Golf, you're OLD.

:poke:/>

Britt, you're a loser.

;D

Gus will go to TEXAS

When we have to play A&M again in 2015, appear in some Texas bowl game, or he visits some friends or family there.

He is right Gus will go to Texas in two more years when Auburn plays A&M. Maybe sooner if there is a hot prospect that Auburn is recruiting from Texas. >:D

The idea Malzahn is in the UTX discussion after agreeing to (and I believe signing) an new 6-year contract just prior to the SECCG, with an existing $500K/yr buyout (possibly increased in the new contract) and Saban is not after agreeing to (and I believe not yet signing) a new contract with no buyout is absurd.

The idea Saban is no longer on UTX's radar but Malzahn is is absurd.

I think if UTX is considering a minimum $3M buyout and >$4M/yr for Malzahn, when they were considering $9M/yr for Saban, and both coaches have the same agent, they are also talking to Saban.

My guess is they are not looking at Saban or Malzahn. My guess is they were never looking at Malzahn.

This is just a bunch of turd generated FUD to try to scare away recruits.

Why do you think Herbstreit was so giddy about saban potentially staying at bama? BSPN would love for Gus to leave because Auburn being a national power isn't good for their beloved bama. Measure the amount of pub AU gets from BSPN, compared to bammer. Not even close.

Herbstreit is many things but a Bama homer he is not.

Why do you think Herbstreit was so giddy about saban potentially staying at bama? BSPN would love for Gus to leave because Auburn being a national power isn't good for their beloved bama. Measure the amount of pub AU gets from BSPN, compared to bammer. Not even close.

Like Yoda you sound, hmmmm?

Like Yoda you sound, hmmmm?

When 900 years old you reach... :cool:

I just remember when the first little whispers and rumors started coming up a few weeks back about Gus wanting to go to Texas. It was mentioned or he was asked a couple of times on Tiger Talk the Thursday before the SECCG about leaving and what did he do? He left Tiger Talk and went directly into Jay Jacob's office and they worked out a new deal for Gus. I truly think Gus loves being in Auburn and would not leave Auburn for any other college job in the country. Remember it is not always about money with Gus, does anyone remember he turned down a huge offer from Vandy to remain the OC at Auburn back in 2011? As either a coach or a player you always want to compete against the best possible teams out there and as long as Gus is at Auburn that is exactly what he will do. What other division in college football can say it has 2 and maybe after January 6th 3 national championship coaches. If you take the whole SEC then they have four head coaches who have won a BCSC again Gus could make that five. There is no division that is tougher than the SEC west, there is no conference that is tougher than the SEC so if you want to compete against the best then Auburn is a great place to be. Gus has proven this year that he is capable of winning and winning big at Auburn, he has proven that that he will have Auburn factor into the SEC and national title on a yearly basis. Gus is home, he is family!!

Don't be so insecure, Auburn fans.

Thank You. I endorse this comment.

Seriously. The chip on the shoulder routine is really tiresome -- and it's a bad look.

When I was looking at colleges, I had to compare two similar schools, Rhodes (Southwestern at Memphis back then) and Sewanee. Small, denominationally affiliated, academically excellent places with gorgeous campuses where I could also play football. But Rhodes was always comparing itself to Sewanee, while Sewanee didn't seem worried at all about Rhodes. For that one reason I liked Sewanee a lot better -- until I chose Rhodes due to an outrageous financial aid deal. I had a great experience, but my point is, the chip on the shoulder is really, really unattractive.

The bias will always be there. We could beat uat 10 times in a row, and the bias and hate towards Auburn continues to grow. I uat was playing FSU BSPN and other media people would say FSU has no chance of beat bammer. But since its Auburn, the media is picking FSU to blow us out of the stadium.

If you remember, a few years ago when FL was playing Ohio St, the bspn crowd and all the other media had Ohio St destroying FL...until about mid way through the 1st quarter.

Don't be so insecure, Auburn fans.

Thank You. I endorse this comment.

Seriously. The chip on the shoulder routine is really tiresome -- and it's a bad look.

When I was looking at colleges, I had to compare two similar schools, Rhodes (Southwestern at Memphis back then) and Sewanee. Small, denominationally affiliated, academically excellent places with gorgeous campuses where I could also play football. But Rhodes was always comparing itself to Sewanee, while Sewanee didn't seem worried at all about Rhodes. For that one reason I liked Sewanee a lot better -- until I chose Rhodes due to an outrageous financial aid deal. I had a great experience, but my point is, the chip on the shoulder is really, really unattractive.

Your comparison fell apart when you said Sewanee wasn't at all concerned about Rhodes. That is hardly the case with bama. I guess bama was 'unconcerned' with Auburn when they destroyed a treasured landmark on Auburn's campus and then celebrated it to this day, or when they tried to destroy a student athelte's career solely because he played for Auburn, or when they fabricated fake evidence trying to destroy Auburn's program altogether, or when they sued Auburn trying to force Auburn to play Auburn's home games in bama's home stadium.

Nah, those bamzos aren't concerned with Auburn at all.

My comparison is that it's a bad look.

Good argument...but won't sell to many AU fans who seem to enjoy feeling disrespected...wonder why that is :-\

I agree.. Herstreit is one of the few ESPN commentators I actually respect.

He does not always get it right, but he is not as prejudice as some of the others. He and Mark May are pretty balanced in their opinions.

You guys need to get over this inferiority complex. From over on this side of the river, the top Programs in "The League" have always been considered LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida. Tenn used to be there but not any more. Auburn and Bama have a chance to move to a whole new level with Gus and Saban. The Iron bowl will be the Super Bowl of college football. Both teams will be in the top 4 and will rematch in the playoffs every year but "The Game" will be Iron Bowl. I know it already is in the state but it will become the biggest game in college football. Heck I can't wait for the rematch next year when Gus will run all over saban again.

You guys need to get over this inferiority complex. From over on this side of the river, the top Programs in "The League" have always been considered LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida. Tenn used to be there but not any more. Auburn and Bama have a chance to move to a whole new level with Gus and Saban. The Iron bowl will be the Super Bowl of college football. Both teams will be in the top 4 and will rematch in the playoffs every year but "The Game" will be Iron Bowl. I know it already is in the state but it will become the biggest game in college football. Heck I can't wait for the rematch next year when Gus will run all over saban again.

You are correct. With the internet being ubiquitous nowadays we can read the press and personal opinions from all over the coutnry and the world. No longer confined to hearing only what the bamasuckbuts in the AL media say and the mouthing off by inbred bamzos.

And the rest of teh country doesn't understand why Auburn people are so exhuberent now over our team's success...it's what they all expected year in and year out anyway. What's to be so shocked about? People from the rest of the country, even around the world (those who are passingly familiar with American college football) have always regarded Auburn among the elite teams. Just like those of us who know virtually nothing about British soccer teams know of Manchester United and know they're a very good team.

When they hear us being excited about having a good team they respond like, "Yeah, well duh. You always to. So what's the news flash ere?"

We listened to the bamzos and their press for so long that we weren't aware that it was only them who have ever claimed Auburn was anything but an elite team.

Auburn is a top 10 school, and a very desirable place to raise a family. Auburn is almost in Atlanta's back yard, yet far enough away to have that small town feel. It is a dream job for any coach who wants to win big and have a great time in doing so.

Only real people I ever hear talk about the hate for Auburn is turds and folks on these threads. Seriously, Auburn (other than normal foes like Georgia & Bama in the SEC) is generally well respected by people. There is quote not sure who said it, but it goes something like this..."none of us are quite as important as we would like to think we are"

You are correct. With the internet being ubiquitous nowadays we can read the press and personal opinions from all over the coutnry and the world. No longer confined to hearing only what the bamasuckbuts in the AL media say and the mouthing off by inbred bamzos.

And the rest of teh country doesn't understand why Auburn people are so exhuberent now over our team's success...it's what they all expected year in and year out anyway. What's to be so shocked about? People from the rest of the country, even around the world (those who are passingly familiar with American college football) have always regarded Auburn among the elite teams. Just like those of us who know virtually nothing about British soccer teams know of Manchester United and know they're a very good team.

When they hear us being excited about having a good team they respond like, "Yeah, well duh. You always to. So what's the news flash ere?"

We listened to the bamzos and their press for so long that we weren't aware that it was only them who have ever claimed Auburn was anything but an elite team.

Yep.....some AU people need to get outside the state to understand why people like me can't see what all the whining is about on AU boards. I have friends from USCe, Clemson, UNC and other Div 1 schools and none of them have anything but high regard for AU...and they expect AU to be good every year.

Archived