What is Auburn - Chopped Liver?

stealthyfan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be so insecure, Auburn fans.

Thank You. I endorse this comment.

Seriously. The chip on the shoulder routine is really tiresome -- and it's a bad look.

Agree

wde

You guys need to get over this inferiority complex. From over on this side of the river, the top Programs in "The League" have always been considered LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida. Tenn used to be there but not any more. Auburn and Bama have a chance to move to a whole new level with Gus and Saban. The Iron bowl will be the Super Bowl of college football. Both teams will be in the top 4 and will rematch in the playoffs every year but "The Game" will be Iron Bowl. I know it already is in the state but it will become the biggest game in college football. Heck I can't wait for the rematch next year when Gus will run all over saban again.

Honestly LSU and Florida are only modern day big programs. LSU shook off a bad history when Saban came in and kept Louisiana kids from leaving the state. LSU hadn't won a National championship since 58. They were struggling for years to do much until Saban came in and got a BCS championship. Since they have been annual contenders. Auburn has been more successful for a longer period of history. Problem is PR has never been in our favor and we suffered long under the yoke of Alabama tainting our image. Even in 2010 people were trying to crap on auburn. This year it is the same.

Team of destiny, team of miracles. They didn't pull that bullcrap with Alabama who had to block 3!!! field goals to beat a crappy Tennessee team. The Georgia game was a coaching mistake. They relaxed and started the victory dance too early and let Georgia back in the game. It was inexperience and nerves.

We beat Bama, we were going to beat bama in overtime, there was no question. We had a better overall team. Our special teams was solid, our defense did its job of containing 1st down runs and sacking mcarron a few times, and our redzone offense was on fire.

They are trying to talk us down because this team is young with a lot of returning starters and we will be on fire for a few years.

Other than the SI article by Thamal (vendetta against Auburn the size of Texas) trashing Auburn as a coaching venue, the only honest discussion around for us not being in every top 5 list of desireable coaching jobs is the stress of coaching a top tier SEC program PLUS the misperception that Jetgate is an ongoing mindset of our BOT. WE have 2 undefeated seasons the last 9 years...more than anybody else including Bama under Saban...and we're playing in the BCS title game for the 2d time in the last 4 years. Our recruiting region is phenomenal, Florida, Georgia and the southeast with national credibility to draw in guys from Colorado etc. Fact is, what perrenial top 15 programs in the country have had fewer coaches since 1950 than Auburn (7)? Or since 1980? Penn State and Florida State.

Why do you think Herbstreit was so giddy about saban potentially staying at bama? BSPN would love for Gus to leave because Auburn being a national power isn't good for their beloved bama. Measure the amount of pub AU gets from BSPN, compared to bammer. Not even close.

Herbstreit is many things but a Bama homer he is not.

I agree.. Herstreit is one of the few ESPN commentators I actually respect.

He does not always get it right, but he is not as prejudice as some of the others. He and Mark May are pretty balanced in their opinions.

I like Mark May too. He catches a lot of flak from pretty much every fanbase, but that's because he doesn't pull any punches. Nobody's right all the time but I think he and Kirk do the best job of analysis on ESPN. I rip on Corso too but he's usually pretty accurate and honest as well.

You guys need to get over this inferiority complex. From over on this side of the river, the top Programs in "The League" have always been considered LSU, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida. Tenn used to be there but not any more. Auburn and Bama have a chance to move to a whole new level with Gus and Saban. The Iron bowl will be the Super Bowl of college football. Both teams will be in the top 4 and will rematch in the playoffs every year but "The Game" will be Iron Bowl. I know it already is in the state but it will become the biggest game in college football. Heck I can't wait for the rematch next year when Gus will run all over saban again.

Honestly LSU and Florida are only modern day big programs. LSU shook off a bad history when Saban came in and kept Louisiana kids from leaving the state. LSU hadn't won a National championship since 58. They were struggling for years to do much until Saban came in and got a BCS championship. Since they have been annual contenders. Auburn has been more successful for a longer period of history. Problem is PR has never been in our favor and we suffered long under the yoke of Alabama tainting our image. Even in 2010 people were trying to crap on auburn. This year it is the same.

Team of destiny, team of miracles. They didn't pull that bullcrap with Alabama who had to block 3!!! field goals to beat a crappy Tennessee team. The Georgia game was a coaching mistake. They relaxed and started the victory dance too early and let Georgia back in the game. It was inexperience and nerves.

We beat Bama, we were going to beat bama in overtime, there was no question. We had a better overall team. Our special teams was solid, our defense did its job of containing 1st down runs and sacking mcarron a few times, and our redzone offense was on fire.

They are trying to talk us down because this team is young with a lot of returning starters and we will be on fire for a few years.

Agree about LSU and Florida. Lester may be taking Lsu back to where they were and Florida may already be there. Another reason Auburn isn't getting as much respect in the national media is, you have a high school coach who runs and offense that nobody has seen before. A power run game out of a hurry up spread offense? It freaks the media out. First thing they think is quirky and will not last. I've been watching Gus's teams since the last century. He works with the talent he has. His passing offenses are brilliant. Who brought the Wildcat back that now almost every high school, college and NFL teams use? Gus. When did he start using it. When he got to Springdale and had a QB that couldn't pass. Has worked ever since.

"Team of destiny, team of miracles. They didn't pull that bullcrap with Alabama who had to block 3!!! field goals to beat a crappy Tennessee team. The Georgia game was a coaching mistake. They relaxed and started the victory dance too early and let Georgia back in the game. It was inexperience and nerves."

Here's an excellent parallel. What do you call a Doctor who makes a D on his medical board certification exam? You call him a Doctor. I couldn't care less how the media characterizes Auburn's season...the fact is, Auburn is in the BCS NCG and I think they'll win it. Cant wait to her what they call that!! :cool:

Agree about LSU and Florida. Lester may be taking Lsu back to where they were and Florida may already be there. Another reason Auburn isn't getting as much respect in the national media is, you have a high school coach who runs and offense that nobody has seen before. A power run game out of a hurry up spread offense? It freaks the media out. First thing they think is quirky and will not last. I've been watching Gus's teams since the last century. He works with the talent he has. His passing offenses are brilliant. Who brought the Wildcat back that now almost every high school, college and NFL teams use? Gus. When did he start using it. When he got to Springdale and had a QB that couldn't pass. Has worked ever since.

If Houston Nutt hadn't hamstrung Gus he would have another NC under his belt. That team he coached with Mcfadden and Felix Jones in the backfield was a monster. If Nutt hadn't tried to ride his running backs as much as he was Gus might have been able to win with Mustain behind center. In the end he was unable to get the yards when their passing game was called on. Lost to USC with Mcfadden injured in the first game of the season and to LSU, then Florida, then Wisconsin. The offense looked boring in comparison to what Gus usually runs. Nutt didn't want another offensive coordinator.

If Houston Nutt hadn't hamstrung Gus he would have another NC under his belt. That team he coached with Mcfadden and Felix Jones in the backfield was a monster. If Nutt hadn't tried to ride his running backs as much as he was Gus might have been able to win with Mustain behind center. In the end he was unable to get the yards when their passing game was called on. Lost to USC with Mcfadden injured in the first game of the season and to LSU, then Florida, then Wisconsin. The offense looked boring in comparison to what Gus usually runs. Nutt didn't want another offensive coordinator.

If I recall, the word was that Nutt mostly hired Gus to get Mustain....he really had no intent of turning his offense over to a HS coach. BAD MISTAKE.

If I recall, the word was that Nutt mostly hired Gus to get Mustain....he really had no intent of turning his offense over to a HS coach. BAD MISTAKE.

Nutt didn't want any of the Sprindale players or Gus. Frank Broyles saw the fan base losing interest in Nutt and the hogs after two losing seasons and forced Nutt to offer Gus to get the Springdale players, Two of which were committed to Florida and Mustain was going to either Notre Dame or Texas. Nutt said he was going to turn Gus loose with the offense so the players committed to the hogs. As soon as Gus got on campus, Nutt started changing things and it went south from there. He used about 1/4 of Gus's offense. second year he brought in David Lee as co-offensive co-ord. and Gus said I've had enough. Yes Nutt made a bad mistake because he could have won it all that second year and then handed it off to Gus and moved up to AD with Frank retiring. Instead, Frank and Nutt forced to retire and Gus leaves town prob to never return. That's why people over here hate Nutt.

You are bringing back some bad memories. Gus's second year as OC would have been the nat champ year. Had current NFL players DMAC, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis at rbs in Gus's offense, current Tenn Titan Damien Williams at receiver and Mustain, who had run this offense since jr high at QB. Still makes me sick to this day.

Why do you think Herbstreit was so giddy about saban potentially staying at bama? BSPN would love for Gus to leave because Auburn being a national power isn't good for their beloved bama. Measure the amount of pub AU gets from BSPN, compared to bammer. Not even close.

Herbstreit is many things but a Bama homer he is not.

I agree.. Herstreit is one of the few ESPN commentators I actually respect.

He does not always get it right, but he is not as prejudice as some of the others. He and Mark May are pretty balanced in their opinions.

I like Mark May too. He catches a lot of flak from pretty much every fanbase, but that's because he doesn't pull any punches. Nobody's right all the time but I think he and Kirk do the best job of analysis on ESPN. I rip on Corso too but he's usually pretty accurate and honest as well.

Corso holds his own not bad for a guy that had a stroke

Wasn't Mustain's record 7-0 or near that as a starer his frosh year? Seems like nobody liked it but he ran off a string of wins as a sub for injured starter.

8-0 Wins over Auburn and Bama with Gus. Nutt yanked him during the SC game and we never saw him again. Hate the Nutt.

Archived