CAP in BCSCG

bo knowz

With Tre's exceptional record setting effort in the SEC championship game and his comments mentioning how sore he was afterward, will we see a more of Cameron Artis Payne during the game so Tre might be fresher toward the end of the game should we need him?

Tre looked pretty fresh to me after 300 yards.

Bowl games are a time for some well deserved players to get some additional playing time if possible, he will get touches

Tre will be fine...I would like to see more of CAP...but if Mason can carry the load, he's earned the right to.

I am not in favor of sitting Tre down just to give CAP reps, but Tre said he was "plenty sore".... I would hate to see him hurt and then NEED him late in the game. CAP is a great back and had some special moves in the SECCG....Giving Tre a break might not be a bad idea.

Tre said he was "plenty sore"....Giving Tre a break might not be a bad idea.

That was a month ago. He's fine now. This is a big game, He's gotta be wanting the ball on every down. I say let him run wild with it if we are still dictating whatever happens offensively. :tdau:

If CAP is toting, it will be because they've gone soft and tired.

As much as I would love to see the three-headed monster in action again, I don't think we have to worry about CAP replacing Mason. Tre had just finished running for 300+ yards only a week after playing Alabama and squeezing out 160+ yards on Bama's stingy defense. I'd be sore too.

I personally would like to see some double-back sets with CAP and Mason. Those have been rare for us this season.

completely agree.

I wouldn't mind seeing CAP come in and pop off a quick TD like he did in Atlanta. Didn't see him much later in the season, but he sure made his presence felt.

I personally would like to see some double-back sets with CAP and Mason. Those have been rare for us this season.

completely agree.

Maybe Malzahn has drawn up something...

CAP is an SEC quality RB...hate to see him on the bench....hope Gus can get him into the game....he is a guy that FSU will not be able to ignore on the plays shown in the video. Every play and player that puts pressure on the defense is a benefit.

Archived