2014 3* TE Sammie Epps (Ole Miss signee)

aubfan36078

After the great showing Epps had at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star game, is Auburn recruiting this kid at all? I know he decommitted from Ole Miss but is still very high on them. The kid is a play maker , and he showed that against the best DBs in the country in the all star game. I was very impressed with him.

Not really. The only way the staff takes another WR in this class is if they feel he is elite. Indications are the staff does not think he is elite.

After the great showing Epps had at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star game, is Auburn recruiting this kid at all? I know he decommitted from Ole Miss but is still very high on them. The kid is a play maker , and he showed that against the best DBs in the country in the all star game. I was very impressed with him.

That picture......................................................................................................................................is awesome.

I predict Epps will be our next Jordan Matthews, a player we regret not recruiting.

I predict Epps will be our next Jordan Matthews, a player we regret not recruiting.

For every Matthews or Phillip Rivers that the big schools don't recruit, there are 1,000 guys like them that barely make it at a D-2 school. The numbers don't favor signing guys that do not jump out at the staff as a " guy we'd really like to have".

Epps has little to no interest in AU. Waste of time. AU did reach out.

Oh well, I won't feel bad if the kid does turn out to be good.

For every Matthews or Phillip Rivers that the big schools don't recruit, there are 1,000 guys like them that barely make it at a D-2 school. The numbers don't favor signing guys that do not jump out at the staff as a " guy we'd really like to have".

In my opinion player evaluation may be the most important part of recruiting, more than the ability to reel in the big fish. Player evaluation is very tough, even the NFL teams miss on their top draft picks and sometimes undrafted guys end up in the ProBowl. Just like 5 star players sometimes flop and 3 star players end up being great. There were coaches on our staff that wanted Matthews or Rivers, just not the majority or the head coach. Like I said in the other post I am glad to hear we did reach out to Epps. I will probably be wrong and he will not be great, but he sure looked great in that all-star game.

Archived