Horton interview at GA Southern

TIGGR82

Coach Horton apparently interviewed for the coaching vacancy this week. No word yet on how it went.

IMO, since Georgia Southern is a wishbone team and coach Horton loves to sign backs who can carry the ball a lot, he might think GSU might be a good fit for him. However, I hope I'm wrong though.

IMO, since Georgia Southern is a wishbone team and coach Horton loves to sign backs who can carry the ball a lot, he might think GSU might be a good fit for him. However, I hope I'm wrong though.

I think he is interviewing for the HC position so he probably really doesn't care what they run previously on offense. I wish coach Horton well. He served AU well and as much as I would like to keep all of them forever, good coaches are going to move up and on. I have total faith that Gus will always hire good coaches that are in a mold like him.WDE

IMHO we may have become a bit spoiled with the RB developing skills of Eddie Gran for so long and few should be held to that standard, but Tim's continued our tradition of top notch running backs coaches and although it would be great to keep this entire staff together, Horton's one of the more expendable members for the simple reason there are a TON of capable coaches at that position that can recruit like crazy and would love to join the Gus Malzahn era at Auburn.

If the money is right, Coach Gran would come. Anyhow, Coach Horton is still our guy, and I hope he stays here for a long, long, time!

Archived