Joshua Holsey

auburn123

Holsey almost looks like a LB now. If his speed/swivel haven't been affected, watch out. I think he can be a big deal if he stays healthy. I think we all are aware that improvement is needed. If you were told before Wazzu that McNeal, Jones, Holsey, Garrett were not able to play, would you have expected to win like we did? That is Coaching. Getting guys to play better than they have previously takes getting the kid to buy in. And not letting them give up if they get beat once or even twice.

He looks thick, but he's still a little guy. No bigger than 210, MAX (and I don't think he's there). At 5'11" (maybe), he's still undersized for a Safety, much less a LB.

HOSLEY will be the best defensive back we have on the team this year. Kid is a stud ans yea there is talk of moving him to corner he only played safety due to depth last year.

For Hosely to be the best player he can be he needs to be a corner. He's a great corner. He's a slightly above average safety.

For Hosely to be the best player he can be he needs to be a corner. He's a great corner. He's a slightly above average safety.

He's more than slightly above average as a safety, if only because of his football IQ, but I agree that he's best at corner.

No not to me. His tackling left alot to be desired. Actually that's from both safeties but I do understand that those guys are really corners but looking at great safeties from the past and present tackling is no where near it. Took lots of bad angles as well but once again you learn that from playing the position

I'm actually with cole on this one. In Holsey's last game, Ryan Smith was already playing more than him. Smith handled the run game better than Holsey. With Whitehead/Holsey we were effectively playing two free safeties with coverage skills, but we needed a guy that could play closer to the LOS, which Smith gave us.

Holsey was a true sophomore who played six games at safety on a team that got better and better as the season went on. Pretty sure he spent last spring at corner, as well, then moved to safety when McNeal was dismissed from the team. Smith was a senior who had been playing safety for how many years?

Given an offseason to get the mental part of it down, he might well be better at safety than at corner specifically because of that football IQ. But time will tell.

His IQ wasn't the problem. You can either tackle or you can't. He's not built to be a rugged tackler. Being on a team that got better and being a sophomore and all that has nothing to do with it. Yeah he can get better, all the guys can IMO though he will never have more potential at safety than corner

His IQ wasn't the problem. You can either tackle or you can't. He's not built to be a rugged tackler. Being on a team that got better and being a sophomore and all that has nothing to do with it. Yeah he can get better, all the guys can IMO though he will never have more potential at safety than corner

I was alluding more to taking better angles in pursuit than anything else. Yeah, he would always be better as a cover safety than a run support safety, but what I was getting at with his IQ is the point of being the QB of the defense, kinda like how Junior Rosegreen was in 04. Hard to do that when you're playing corner.

Archived