chances of us goin to orange bowl

tiger1432

Just my thoughts i still think if we beat tenn say 34-10 again we would pull enough suport in the people poles to move to #2 witch i would hope would make us #2 in the bcs pole GEUSS WE WILL WAIT A WEEK AND SEE

Problem is, is that after the Vanderbilt and Kentucky game people will be looking for no less than a beating like we gave them in K-Town. If we do anything less we'll probably lose votes. We may even drop out of the polls. Who knows. All I know is that AP and Coaches Poll voters are morons. USC and Oklahoma were in the Orange Bowl from the beginning of the season. Now is that really fair?

We HAVE to hang 50+ on ut AND have ok and usc sqeak by to get there. If those 3 things happen we MAY get to go to Miami.

The computer polls won't change much so we have to have a big change in the human polls with votes coming to us from both usc and ou, not just ou

I'm sorry, but I see a Huge problem with Auburn NEEDS to hang 50+ on Tenn. When was the last time AU needed or was supposed to Blowout a team and actually done it? Stat God could you help us? Also, I just realized something the other day.....Tenn. has been practicing for us these past three weeks...not for Kentucky or Vandy. I do hope AU hangs 50-100 points on Tenn., but I just don't see it happening. The more people say AU should hang 30 or more on 'em like they did last time, the bigger the upset will be when we win by 10 or 14. B/c the media will start saying we should Smoke 'em, if we beat 'em by 10 that's gonna hurt us a little bit in the polls.....just look back to the bammer game. War "BY GOD" Eagle

:au: 101 - :puke::ut: 1

If we're going to jump okie, then we NEED to kick the crap out of utee. If we don't exceed what we put on them in October, there's no way we jump okie (unless they lose that is).

I feel like the OB is out. USC and OU are playing two patsies, and they are going to keep the votes they need. I don't even feel a huge win over UT will help. Voters just don't respect the SEC this year as in the past.

As I said on an earler post to a different topic, why can't we just enjoy the moment here? If we don't get the Orange Bowl we still have a chance for an undefeated season, maybe even a better chance for an undefeated season. If the BCS shuts Auburn out and USC passes Oklahoma silly, and they will pass them silly with that porous secondary that they have, then whose credibility suffers here? Certainly not the undefeated champion of the nation's toughest conference. Screw the BCS, the polls and the computers, just win the SEC. If we go to the Sugar Bowl then win that and let the chips fall where they may. There is nothing else this team can do but concentrate on the task at hand, which for the moment is finding a way to beat the Vols. :au:

OU playing Colorado instead of ISU is a big plus, but they are still going to be the underdogs big time. UCLA has a better chance than ND did, but still not much of a chance. Game Day being in Atlanta will help our cause slightly. Overall, I feel we need an upset over OU or USC.

Well said weagl. WE should all stop for a moment and pause to ENJOY & RELISH just what an incredible Season these Players and Coaches have provided for us.

What they have accomplished, with the backdrop of LAST season, borders on the miraculous.

Hats off to a great bunch of kids that never stopped believing in each other and the God they serve. Thank you to all of the coaches and support staff that have played by the rules and took the high road, you know...The one less traveled.

Today, more than ever before...IT IS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER ! ! ! :au:

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

There. I feel much better now. :D:D

Slim to none. The darlings of the media - USC and OU have been 1 and 2 since the beginning. How dare Auburn have a perfect season and jeopardize what the sports writers have wanted from day one - a MYTHICAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP between the Trojans and the Sooners. We are all insane to think that Auburn will bump one of them off. No way. We need to be very happy about this year, proud of these young men, and grateful we have the coaching staff we have. If :au: goes undefeated this year they DESERVE National Championship status. I would hope the administration awards them NC rings!

Slim to none.  The darlings of the media - USC and OU have been 1 and 2 since the beginning.  How dare Auburn have a perfect season and jeopardize what the sports writers have wanted from day one - a MYTHICAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP between the Trojans and the Sooners.  We are all insane to think that Auburn will bump one of them off.  No way.  We need to be very happy about this year, proud of these young men, and grateful we have the coaching staff we have.  If  :au:   goes undefeated this year they DESERVE  National Championship status.  I would hope the administration awards them NC rings!

127812[/snapback]

Wow...award championship rings for a NC? In the words of a wise sage I once knew, "Now THAT is some style!"

Anyone who is disappointed right now is a moron. I'm sorry to have to call a fellow Auburn fan that, but we're 11-0, damn it! Quit pouting!

Besides that, it's not January yet and there has been NO decision made on what teams are playing in Miami. Who knows...maybe USC and OU both lose this weekend...so then Utah and Boise State could play in Miami while we're still in New Orleans. Just Kidding :D

WDE :au:

Just my thoughts i still think if we beat tenn say 34-10 again we would pull enough suport in the people poles to move to #2 witch i would hope would make us #2 in the bcs pole  GEUSS WE WILL WAIT A WEEK AND SEE

127537[/snapback]

:lsu: Hey good luck to the War Eagles from a LSU Tiger. I hope you guys win the SEC and go to Miami and give those overrated USC A- holes and good ole country ass kicking. It would be great to have back to back SEC BCS National Champs. GO TIGERS !

Archived