Ty Willingham out at ND

BamaGrad03

no joke!

i just posted that on ITAT!

talk about hasty!

Guy is a good coach and a good leader!

ND didnt even give him enough time to get his own recruits and turn things around. PPl these days are too impatient. but then again it IS ND!

A side note: If ND had won 9 games, the rules in the BCS state that ND MUST be in the BCS top 8 rankings!

W-O-W!

Holy Crap....I really liked Ty....I'm in the Air Force, and to me, Ty looks like a Drill Seargent....ND seems to be trying to replace Knute, Still. Kinda like another team I know...I just can't put a finger on who it might be? Hmmmm, oh yeah UAT that's who.....lol

A sad state of affairs. I do not think they gave the guy a chance to see what he can do.

I hope he lands on his feet and gets the chance for a little payback! ! !

They gotta hire Urban Meyer before UF does.

127581[/snapback]

That's what I'm thinking

127594[/snapback]

Well then. UF hoped for Spurrier. nope. UF hopes for Meyer. Looks like he'll end up at ND.

Oh how the mighty :uf: have fallen!!!!

Just this past weekend, I heard on ESPN or possibly the Talking Sports, Mike Gottfried, Jim Donnan, Danny Sheridan show that Willingham wanted the Washington job.

i think the gold plated domers had no other choice especially giving the inconsistency of this year. imo, consistency is the responsiblilty of the coaching staff.

the school wants to get back on track as a national powerhouse and a legacy it once had, plus they have not won a bowl game in 10 years.

urban will not be their primary choice look for somone from the nfl.

The thing that cracks me up....

USC gets the "national stage" agianst ND. USC dominates ND. A team that now has no coach. *people swoon*

We get the "national stage" against a very good UGA team. We dominate UGA. *people yawn*

Urban Meyer is a good coach and a great coaching prospect for a major program, but he isn't a proven coach in a tough league like the SEC or Big XXII. He will be hired by a major school like ND or UF, but he will make a few mistakes before he gets acclimated, kind of like Richt.

Meyer is a genius when it comes to offense. I'm not as certain about his defensive abilities.

The thing that cracks me up....

USC gets the "national stage" agianst ND.  USC dominates ND.  A team that now has no coach.  *people swoon*

We get the "national stage" against a very good UGA team.  We dominate UGA. *people yawn*

127615[/snapback]

We play in the SEC not the mighty PAC 10

yep, slink you are exactly right. michael wilbon has been preaching since BEFORE they hired tyrone that they wouldn't give a brother the same benefit of the doubt they had given before. they didn't WANT to hire tyrone first, then they get him and can him before his contract runs out. that's what? the first or second time ND has ever fired a coach before his 5 years ended. it stinks to high heaven.

Archived