Recruiting

Apparently he's not a convicted felon, as the charges were dropped. Who knows whats real in florida police stories anymore...see Jameis Winston...

Florida cops = Malaysian airline transportation officials

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@AUHoopsBlog: Auburn needs to go after him. SG from Georgia. RT @EvanDaniels: Top 100 SG Ahmed Hill a release from his Letter of Intent to Marquette.”

“@AUHoopsBlog: RT @AdamZagoria: Visits for Marshall transfer Kareem Canty: Auburn (April 18-20), South Florida (May 2-4) & Penn State (May 9-11)”

"@AUHoopsBlog: Auburn needs to go after him. SG from Georgia. RT @EvanDaniels: Top 100 SG Ahmed Hill a release from his Letter of Intent to Marquette."

This would be a huge get and a message sender if the staff can make this happen!!!!

“@kriso_27: #Auburn is recruiting Danjel Purifoy, Top player in Alabama of 2015. Says Auburn is moving into group of favs. Will visit next weekend”

"@kriso_27: #Auburn is recruiting Danjel Purifoy, Top player in Alabama of 2015. Says Auburn is moving into group of favs. Will visit next weekend"

Bruce Pearl's Auburn staff 'blowing up' Danjel Purifoy

"Auburn, because of that new guy there... They've been blowing me up on everything -- Twitter, phone, Instagram, everything," Purifoy said. "They ask me, 'Come visit, I'd love to see you.' I think they can win some games now."

Purifoy, who said the Tigers are beginning to rise into his group of favorites, plans to make an unofficial visit to the Plains after he returns from a trip to Arkansas this week.

He will know CBP's name soon enough.

If my math is correct then we now have 13 scholarship players with Kanty transferring in. Does this mean that we are done? Has anyone heard if Smallwpod & Purchase are still coming to Auburn?

If my math is correct then we now have 13 scholarship players with Kanty transferring in. Does this mean that we are done? Has anyone heard if Smallwpod & Purchase are still coming to Auburn?

Pearl referenced his "8 or 9 returning guys" in some press statement. That would leave the casual observer to believe that some of last year's players will be processed or will process themselves. In any case, there is a limit to the number of transfers we can take and still field a team. Transfer guys sitting on the bench unable to play but using a scholarship slot aren't much benefit.

Guest jojo1515

I dont understand getting any transfers this year. We need to show immediate improvement for recruiting to pick up the way we hope it will. Transfers do nothing but hinder progress IMO as the slot could be used on filling some of the gaping holes we currently have. So we now have a total of 3 new guys available this year (to a team that just graduated its best player and now only has one scorer left). Im gonna have to convince myself to not sell our current players short as they are not getting much help this year. I hope Bowers can make an impact because I dont see much improvement anywhere else. BP is gonna have to coach his arse off to make the NIT this year IMO...

• 2 weeks later...

An

"@kriso_27: #Auburn is recruiting Danjel Purifoy, Top player in Alabama of 2015. Says Auburn is moving into group of favs. Will visit next weekend"

Bruce Pearl's Auburn staff 'blowing up' Danjel Purifoy

"Auburn, because of that new guy there... They've been blowing me up on everything -- Twitter, phone, Instagram, everything," Purifoy said. "They ask me, 'Come visit, I'd love to see you.' I think they can win some games now."

Purifoy, who said the Tigers are beginning to rise into his group of favorites, plans to make an unofficial visit to the Plains after he returns from a trip to Arkansas this week.

He will know CBP's name soon enough.

An article on tuscaloosanews.com stating Purifoy was kicked off the Bibb Co. High team for missing spring workouts.

As of today, 5/1/ 2014, counting the new signees, how many players do we have on scholarship?

As of today, 5/1/ 2014, counting the new signees, how many players do we have on scholarship?

The signees do not count til they're enrolled so 9. But if you count them as having spots then 12. Alex Thompson could go back to walk on status if CBP wants to bring in 2 more players.

• 2 weeks later...

“@TNcoach4UNC: Bruce Pearl working that magic..word is that Georgia Tech Transfer Robert Carter is heading to Auburn. BIG get for Auburn if true”

“@AUHoopsBlog: HUGE if true! BIG PF former 4 star out of highschool. RT @GTRecruiting: Looks like Robert Carter to Auburn. Big time get for them."

“@AUHoopsBlog: Robert Carter would be a huge pickup. Big kid who averaged 11 and 8 at Ga Tech. Former 4/5 star coming out of high school.”

Former 5* PF

http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Carter-10192

He'll have to sit a year. Telling it like it is, I'm tired of taking kids that couldn't or wouldn't fit in at their original school. "Everybody has transfers in basketball blah-blah-blah." I'm ready to see Auburn sign some 4* kids out of high school that stick with us for their entire college career.

Picking up other school's malcontents doesn't thrill me any.

Great news and if we get the type of players we need Mikey they wont be sticking around for four years.

He'll have to sit a year. Telling it like it is, I'm tired of taking kids that couldn't or wouldn't fit in at their original school. "Everybody has transfers in basketball blah-blah-blah." I'm ready to see Auburn sign some 4* kids out of high school that stick with us for their entire college career.

Give BP at least until he can actually recruit. For now beggars can't be well you know what.

Mikey, it was too late to get in on any big-time uncommitted talent. So I think you get the best that you can possibly get at this point to improve the talent level on this team. And getting a former 5* with that size to come in, redshirt, go through a year of your conditioning program, and then be ready to explode in year 2 is something that I'll take all day long.

With that being said, I don't think this guy is a done deal. Austin Penney is now tweeting that the rumors are "currently" untrue. There is another transfer visiting this weekend that can play immediately. So maybe Pearl is looking for someone who CAN step in from day one. I, personally, would take the 5* PF from GaTech.

Telling it like it is, I'm tired of taking kids that couldn't or wouldn't fit in at their original school.

It kind of worked out with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall. ;)

"@TNcoach4UNC: Bruce Pearl working that magic..word is that Georgia Tech Transfer Robert Carter is heading to Auburn. BIG get for Auburn if true"

"@AUHoopsBlog: HUGE if true! BIG PF former 4 star out of highschool. RT @GTRecruiting: Looks like Robert Carter to Auburn. Big time get for them."

"@AUHoopsBlog: Robert Carter would be a huge pickup. Big kid who averaged 11 and 8 at Ga Tech. Former 4/5 star coming out of high school."

Former 5* PF

http://247sports.com...rt-Carter-10192

Thanks CC. I did not see that today and I'm surprised. I did see this though

@JHokanson · 9h

NEW: New Mexico State hoops transfer K.C. Ross-Miller will visit #Auburn

E - per the conversation below, there are some that feel that this may still happen. I personally think Bruce Pearl is looking for a guy that can come in and play immediately. The New Mexico State transfer this weekend is apparently eligible this coming season. Robert Carter is 5* talent and averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds in the ACC, so I would personally take him in a heartbeat.

“@austinwpenny: Sources tell me the rumors of #GaTech PF Robert Carter transferring to #Auburn is currently untrue.”

@SuburbanHoops: @JgarberWDE @austinwpenny The timing of the information is the problem more than the actual content.

@austinwpenny: @SuburbanHoops I agree. Very interesting, but I'm still hearing that it's not true at all.

@SuburbanHoops: @austinwpenny I know where the info that was tweeted came from and they would know, but you're right it's best it stays that way for now.

I know and read that CC and was just following suit from Penny that there was probably a certain time that info was set to release and today likely was not it.

Archived