My Truce With rickyd

Proud Tiger

As most of you here have noticed, LSU fan rickyd and I have had a running fued in our posts here. They have been nasty at times with both of us doing unneccessary name calling. This has also been going on on the LSU Tiger Forum. Our disagreements go back to before the season. It is not neccessary to go into all that background. We know that our fellow posters have become tired of our bickering. So, thru the exchange of PMs, we have mutually agreed to a truce and bury the hatchet, recognizing that we wouldn't talk to each other this way face to face and, in fact, would probably be friendly adversaries. We will both try our best to act as such on WEN and Tiger Forum and just wanted to share that with everyone. I might add that rickyd's son has just left to go to Iraq for the second time so I request that all of you remember him along with the rest of our troops

Go Tigers :au: and Geaux Tigers :lsu: (just this one time---LOL)

Been there...Done that. It is not worth it. Have fun. Enjoy life. (Very big of you both to step up and end it in this manner.)

p.s. The AUBURN TIGERS are 11-0 and playing for a BIG Trophy this weekend...ENJOY ! ! ! :au:

Wow.

AND, to rickyd, tell your son I said thanks for serving.

128206[/snapback]

I have to say Proud Tiger was the bigger man and initiated the truce. We have decided that if either of us are flamed on either board we will just not respond, period.

The well wishes for my son are greatly appreciated.

Go Buffs or UCLA!!

that's just because we don't like you, peng :big:

this thread is all about love and harmony, peace & well-being. i think we all need a group hug....where's tigger? ;)

Ricky, please thank your son for his service. SEMPER FI!!!

And GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY! :)

Wow.

AND, to rickyd, tell your son I said thanks for serving.

128206[/snapback]

I have to say Proud Tiger was the bigger man and initiated the truce. We have decided that if either of us are flamed on either board we will just not respond, period.

128236[/snapback]

It takes at least two to have a truce :)

my CBS thread gets moved to the woodshed and this crap is on the main board??

128248[/snapback]

Crap?? maybe they should send you to Iraq :angry:

OK now for the big test...*rubs hands togetherr with evil grin*

All LSU fans smell like corndogs and there coach is overrated as is their team!

*now sits back quietly and anxiously to watch for reaction*

DISCLAIMER: Please note the tongue firmly planted in cheek...LOL :big:

PT and rickyd...in all seriousness...this is great to hear!

OK now for the big test...*rubs hands togetherr with evil grin*

All LSU fans smell like corndogs and there coach is overrated as is their team!

*now sits back quietly and anxiously to watch for reaction*

DISCLAIMER: Please note the tongue firmly planted in cheek...LOL  :big:

PT and rickyd...in all seriousness...this is great to hear!

128287[/snapback]

rickyd and I don't mess with trouble makers :poke::D:D

Unless the truce involves rickyd not ever posting here, I'm sure there will be more trouble.

128303[/snapback]

He is free to continue to post here all he wants and I will continue to post on LSU TF. I can't imagine there being any more problems if we all act like adults.

Guest Tigrinum Major
He is free to continue to post here all he wants and I will continue to post on LSU TF. I can't imagine there being any more problems if we all act like adults.

128306[/snapback]

We are supposed to act like adults here?

Damn.

128306[/snapback]

We are supposed to act like adults here?

Damn.

128316[/snapback]

Wow now I'm really disappointed. In the official rules for the forum, rule #3 states: No name calling, grow up and act like adults.

Sigh, guess that's all for me :no: later y'all. It's been fun.

It ain't over yet.

One at a time, baby!

War Damn Eagle.

My brother-in-law is finishing up his first year in Iraq and it's a huge sacrifice for him and the whole family. Thanks for his service and I hope they all return home safely.

that's just because we don't like you, peng :big:

this thread is all about love and harmony, peace & well-being. i think we all need a group hug....where's tigger? ;)

128270[/snapback]

It seems South Link, has some doubts about the truce. All I can say is, judging from penguins sig. picture, the AU fans have seen fit too include you in the group hug anyway. :D

My brother-in-law is finishing up his first year in Iraq and it's a huge sacrifice for him and the whole family.  Thanks for his service and I hope they all return home safely.

128342[/snapback]

Hopefully his first year is the only year he has to spend there. Tell him we all appreciate his sevice too.

Every time my son leaves, this thought crosses my mind.

If someone told me today, I had to get on a plane and when I got off, for the next 6 months, every day someone would be trying to kill me, would I have the same courage my son has to board that plane? (Kinda puts mine and PT's feud in perspective doesn't it?)

He was upset that the news is not giving a true perspective as to what is going on over there. He said FOX news was the best, but they really aren't showing all the good things they are doing either.

My brother in law got a 2 week leave here about a month ago and I had a chance to talk extensively to him about Iraq. One thing that stuck out is that while there is a true hatred of Americans over there, what's going on now is more about who's gonna' get control of the country now that Saddam is out. There are several factions that will do anything to gain control along with killing Americans, Iraqis etc.

Archived