Maybe there is no IRS "scandal"?

icanthearyou

I disagree Homer. I believe the IRS scandal is indicative of the fact that political concerns override all motives for honest and effective government. The Bundy situation, in my opinion, is a misguided protest against the misguided or corrupt motives of a bureaucratic, overly zealous agency. I'm not so sure you can draw that kind of parallel between the two and come up with that sort of generalization about conservatives. Maybe the conservative media though.

Bundy was contemptuous of the law and then organized a protest when held to account.

Had Bundy and his supporters been Muslims wielding AK's conservatives would have been falling all over themselves demanding the government arrest them. It became a "scandal" only because they identified politically with the scofflaw

The IRS was rightfully and appropriately investigating 501©(4) organizations to see if they were legitimately tax exempt. It became a "scandal" only because of the conservative 501's that were included.

http://www.usnews.co...eal-irs-scandal

Likewise if Bundy had been paid to go across the country and sit in a bus seat that the law said he could not sit in. It is likely that Bundy's supporters would be on a different side of the political isle and the supporters would still say that his civil disobedience was warranted. The question of whether the law should have been broken is all in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry, but that analogy doesn't hold up at all. Well, at least if you don't think ignoring your bills is a human right.

Isn't this the sort of behavior that gets you folks all riled up when lower class parasites do it?

I disagree Homer. I believe the IRS scandal is indicative of the fact that political concerns override all motives for honest and effective government. The Bundy situation, in my opinion, is a misguided protest against the misguided or corrupt motives of a bureaucratic, overly zealous agency. I'm not so sure you can draw that kind of parallel between the two and come up with that sort of generalization about conservatives. Maybe the conservative media though.

Bundy was contemptuous of the law and then organized a protest when held to account.

Had Bundy and his supporters been Muslims wielding AK's conservatives would have been falling all over themselves demanding the government arrest them. It became a "scandal" only because they identified politically with the scofflaw

The IRS was rightfully and appropriately investigating 501©(4) organizations to see if they were legitimately tax exempt. It became a "scandal" only because of the conservative 501's that were included.

Likewise if Bundy had been paid to go across the country and sit in a bus seat that the law said he could not sit in. It is likely that Bundy's supporters would be on a different side of the political isle and the supporters would still say that his civil disobedience was warranted. The question of whether the law should have been broken is all in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry, but that analogy doesn't hold up at all. Well, at least if you don't think ignoring your bills is a human right.

Isn't this the sort of behavior that gets you folks all riled up when lower class parasites do it?

In fact I agree with you that people need to pay their bills and yes the parasites do rile me up. I admit I don't know enough about the 'Bundy' situation to say much about it. But I will say this BLM went way over the line in the way they handled it. All it would have taken was a few stupid decisions and the entire country could have been led into the 2nd American Revolution. And I see a trend with government agencies being militarized and used for political purposes. The BLM, DOJ, IRS, EPA just to name a few.

AUisAll......the scary part is most people either don't recognize or don't care about this increased misuse of political power. It's kind of like the WWII joke.......do you know how a Frenchman knows he is in trouble? Answer.......when he sees German tanks coming down the street.

PT, I believe people just choose to deny what is in front of them in plain sight, until it's too late and then claim that they never saw it coming.

In fact I agree with you that people need to pay their bills and yes the parasites do rile me up. I admit I don't know enough about the 'Bundy' situation to say much about it. But I will say this BLM went way over the line in the way they handled it. All it would have taken was a few stupid decisions and the entire country could have been led into the 2nd American Revolution. And I see a trend with government agencies being militarized and used for political purposes. The BLM, DOJ, IRS, EPA just to name a few.

Yeah, we really dodged a bullet there. :-\

Guest NC1406

The analogy does not hold up for you and I can understand that. Our country was founded by people that refused to pay their bills to the "mother country". Personally I see a persons money or possessions as important as the right to pick their seat on a bus. Both are huge rights that an individual should have in my opinion.

Anyway the point I was attempting to make is that both parties are breaking a law that "they" felt was unjust. I agree one individual is also not paying his bill while violating a law. Does not make him less of a perceived victim/martyr of an unjust law. Maybe Bundy was paid to do this to pick a fight. If so, it was brilliantly played for people that want to push that point. Reminds me of our hero Rosa.

The analogy does not hold up for you and I can understand that. Our country was founded by people that refused to pay their bills to the "mother country". Personally I see a persons money or possessions as important as the right to pick their seat on a bus. Both are huge rights that an individual should have in my opinion.

Anyway the point I was attempting to make is that both parties are breaking a law that "they" felt was unjust. I agree one individual is also not paying his bill while violating a law. Does not make him less of a perceived victim/martyr of an unjust law. Maybe Bundy was paid to do this to pick a fight. If so, it was brilliantly played for people that want to push that point. Reminds me of our hero Rosa.

Are you really comparing Bundy to Rosa Parks?

Archived