2016 5* QB Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit)

ellitor

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flip watch?

Yes

LMAO! No. Not at the moment anyway. Not every IMG player goes or commits to FSU.

Flip watch?

Yes

LMAO! No. Not at the moment anyway. Not every IMG player goes or commits to FSU.

As long as his brother is at Ole Miss, he's not going anywhere. Not to mention a real shot at starting as a true freshman.

Flip watch?

Yes

Lol WeAU and I were completely joking. Everyone reacted like I thought they would.

Flip watch?

Yes

Lol WeAU and I were completely joking. Everyone reacted like I thought they would.

You may have been joking and WEAU may have been too but that can't be easily inferred from the above posts, not for me at least.

Was talking to a huge Ole Miss homer friend of mine about the upcoming season. Asked about his thoughts on their QB situation this fall. He said, "We really don't care. Just need somebody to fill the gap until Shea gets to campus". He's already their expected savior.

Was talking to a huge Ole Miss homer friend of mine about the upcoming season. Asked about his thoughts on their QB situation this fall. He said, "We really don't care. Just need somebody to fill the gap until Shea gets to campus". He's already their expected savior.

As an Ole Miss grad, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense to you friend. This year has huge potential with all of the returning starters on both sides of the ball. Ole Miss fans should absolutely care about the quarterback situation this year.

As an Ole Miss grad, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense to you friend. This year has huge potential with all of the returning starters on both sides of the ball. Ole Miss fans should absolutely care about the quarterback situation this year.

The OP's point is it does not matter what happens at QB this year because it will be Shea's job in 2016 as long as he sticks with them no matter what else happens. Because of the QB issues this year that does limit the Rebs potential in 2015. That and not having a big time RB means the Rebs D will have to win a lot of lower scoring games, which they very well could do.

The OP's point is it does not matter what happens at QB this year because it will be Shea's job in 2016 as long as he sticks with them no matter what else happens.

No, the OP didn't have a point, he just quoted an "Ole Miss homer" who disingenuously stated that the Ole Miss fan base doesn't care about the QB situation this year. What you inferred from his post is something we already know, about NEXT year. I don't know any Ole Miss fans that are looking at this season as a "fill the gap" year. Ole Miss fans aren't hoping they can field the position just to get on to next year. Don't get my wrong, the prospect of Shea Patterson suiting up in 2016 is very exciting, but Ole Miss has big aspirations this year, and has an extremely talented team this year and cares very deeply about putting a winner behind center come September 5, this year.

The running backs situation will be might* be improved this season. Akeem Judd will add some power, as will freshman Swinney who is reported to be over 200 pounds now. The offensive line will be more experienced, Tunsil will be healthy (assuming nothing happens with the NCAA) and Jovon Patterson could insert himself into the lineup, which will also greatly improve the running game. We already know about Ole Miss' receivers. We already know about the defense. Quarterback is the single most important and cared about "situation" right now. Bo Wallace could barely through the ball over 40 yards. If Chad Kelly stays out of trouble and continues to do well, which I've heard he is, he has the type of arm that will stretch defenses, which oh, by the way, will help the running game. If the OPs friend thinks the QB situation is an afterthought, and is already looking forward to 2016, then like I said, that's just dumb.

edit: redacted http://www.cbssports...racture-surgery :puke:

The OP's point is it does not matter what happens at QB this year because it will be Shea's job in 2016 as long as he sticks with them no matter what else happens.

No, the OP didn't have a point, he just quoted an "Ole Miss homer" who disingenuously stated that the Ole Miss fan base doesn't care about the QB situation this year. What you inferred from his post is something we already know, about NEXT year. I don't know any Ole Miss fans that are looking at this season as a "fill the gap" year. Ole Miss fans aren't hoping they can field the position just to get on to next year. Don't get my wrong, the prospect of Shea Patterson suiting up in 2016 is very exciting, but Ole Miss has big aspirations this year, and has an extremely talented team this year and cares very deeply about putting a winner behind center come September 5, this year.

The running backs situation will be might* be improved this season. Akeem Judd will add some power, as will freshman Swinney who is reported to be over 200 pounds now. The offensive line will be more experienced, Tunsil will be healthy (assuming nothing happens with the NCAA) and Jovon Patterson could insert himself into the lineup, which will also greatly improve the running game. We already know about Ole Miss' receivers. We already know about the defense. Quarterback is the single most important and cared about "situation" right now. Bo Wallace could barely through the ball over 40 yards. If Chad Kelly stays out of trouble and continues to do well, which I've heard he is, he has the type of arm that will stretch defenses, which oh, by the way, will help the running game. If the OPs friend thinks the QB situation is an afterthought, and is already looking forward to 2016, then like I said, that's just dumb.

edit: redacted http://www.cbssports...racture-surgery :puke:/>

Maybe my post was a little misleading. Perhaps the point was that Ole Miss fans are very excited about Shea. Ole Miss fans obviously care about the 2015 season, as well they should. I mean, look at this particular fan; an Ole Miss grad with over a thousand posts on a rival SEC west team's message board, telling us about OM 2015 expectations.

So, my bad. Ole Miss fans are excited about the 2015 season. But they are SUPER-EXCITED about the 2016 season. Because of Shea.

Maybe my post was a little misleading. Perhaps the point was that Ole Miss fans are very excited about Shea. Ole Miss fans obviously care about the 2015 season, as well they should. I mean, look at this particular fan; an Ole Miss grad with over a thousand posts on a rival SEC west team's message board, telling us about OM 2015 expectations.

So, my bad. Ole Miss fans are excited about the 2015 season. But they are SUPER-EXCITED about the 2016 season. Because of Shea.

No worries. And apologies for the aggressive tone, I'm a little cranky today ;). But your above post is spot on, that's exactly how I think Ole Miss fans' feel.

No worries. And apologies for the aggressive tone, I'm a little cranky today ;). But your above post is spot on, that's exactly how I think Ole Miss fans' feel.

Just today ;D ;)

Archived