2016 5* QB Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit)

ellitor

Scary good QB Ole Miss just got. UGA currently has the #1 QB in the class committed. Hope there is a great one left that chooses us.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scary good QB Ole Miss just got. UGA currently has the #1 QB in the class committed. Hope there is a great one left that chooses us.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been expected to for a while now, but Ole Miss just announced that Shea's brother Sean has been hired to an off-field coaching position.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25092623/report-brother-of-five-star-ole-miss-qb-commitment-hired-by-ole-miss

It's been expected to for a while now, but Ole Miss just announced that Shea's brother Sean has been hired to an off-field coaching position.

http://www.cbssports...red-by-ole-miss

I hear Sean is great, one of the best off-field coaches out there. I am hoping AU goes after him. Always need to stockpile up and comers.

Shea is embracing Ole Miss right now. He says he is recruiting hard for Ole Miss to bring in one of the best classes they have ever had. Shea is NOT going to happen for us. Even if they have a poor year, they will not fire their coach this year. They will be decent though. Great receiving corp, great defense again, not so great RB's and QB will most likely be the JC transfer kid that got kicked out of Clemson and had bar issues last year. He is talented though.

Shea is embracing Ole Miss right now. He says he is recruiting hard for Ole Miss to bring in one of the best classes they have ever had. Shea is NOT going to happen for us. Even if they have a poor year, they will not fire their coach this year. They will be decent though. Great receiving corp, great defense again, not so great RB's and QB will most likely be the JC transfer kid that got kicked out of Clemson and had bar issues last year. He is talented though.

Byron Cowart wasn't happening until late December. You've been following recruiting long enough to know it's fluid and anything can happen.

Byron Cowart wasn't happening until late December. You've been following recruiting long enough to know it's fluid and anything can happen.

There are a couple very significant differences that would make these two scenarios very different.

While "anything can happen", the likelihood here is beyond minimal. Its not like we were even a close #2 for Patterson or something either.

There are a couple very significant differences that would make these two scenarios very different.

While "anything can happen", the likelihood here is beyond minimal. Its not like we were even a close #2 for Patterson or something either.

So you think there's no chance Meta?

Our only chance is hiring his brother.

Patterson is indicating he is very pleased with his Ole Miss choice. His chances are much higher of starting earlier with Ole Miss too. AU's depth chart is more difficult for him. Also, as Meta said, there are other things here, like we were not even number 2 on his list.

I'd put it at 3% or below.

He's a QB, which means he's likely an early enrollment. We only got Cowart because Muschamp was fired, in this case there is virtually zero probability of Freeze being even on the hot-seat. His brother is now there and he was leaning towards Ole Miss even before they made a move to bring him on staff. Even if all that falls apart and he re-opens his recruitment, he probably ends up at a school like USC or LSU...we weren't even really a "finalist" for him.

Anthony Hines III: A 16-yr.-old linebacker with 65 D-1 offers. He says he wants an Auburn offer but does not have one. His first offer came from Miss. State when he was 14. Wonder why we haven't offered.

Anthony Hines III: A 16-yr.-old linebacker with 65 D-1 offers. He says he wants an Auburn offer but does not have one. His first offer came from Miss. State when he was 14. Wonder why we haven't offered.

Wrong thread for this. You may want to start another thread.

I'd put it at 3% or below.

He's a QB, which means he's likely an early enrollment. We only got Cowart because Muschamp was fired, in this case there is virtually zero probability of Freeze being even on the hot-seat. His brother is now there and he was leaning towards Ole Miss even before they made a move to bring him on staff. Even if all that falls apart and he re-opens his recruitment, he probably ends up at a school like USC or LSU...we weren't even really a "finalist" for him.

I understand. You know I'm just a homer when it comes to recruiting!

Anthony Hines III: A 16-yr.-old linebacker with 65 D-1 offers. He says he wants an Auburn offer but does not have one. His first offer came from Miss. State when he was e14. Wonder why we haven't offered.

Wrong thread for this. You may want to start another thread.

He can't needs a few more post before he can start a thread. I will start one.

I saw a headline saying Ole Miss has hired Shea's brother. I don't know if he's an on the field coach or not.

I saw a headline saying Ole Miss has hired Shea's brother. I don't know if he's an on the field coach or not.

He is not an on the field coach. I heard he is well liked but you have to think this is all about completely locking up Shea.

• 4 months later...

Archived