Auburns off the field issues

hunter021003

I would like to see mincy and nick suspended a game or two. I guess I'm glad nick won't be. Yes JJ could get us by ark fairly well but the practice time lost would have a season long damage on our offense. These 3 weeks of camp and the first game are critical to development and timing. For a #2qb to be ready to play the entire first game he would have to get probably 2/3 of the preseason snaps. You just can't have a qb getting in this kind of trouble. I don't see it as a minor mistake. I know it is what it is, but you have to wonder if he drives around alone puffing weed with illegal tint how many more serious situations he put himself into. So for us we just have to get over the embarrassment of our qb getting negative press(god forbid this happen to a bammer qb starter, the hypocrisy would be crazy here) . It is always easier to get behind a team or player when they can at least follow the law.

He was not driving around puffing. Had that been the case they'd have tagged him for DUI. It may have been days or weeks since he had a puff, but however long it was it was far enough in the past that the cop let him drive away, determining him to be unimpaired by weed.

didnt the officer smell the weed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see mincy and nick suspended a game or two. I guess I'm glad nick won't be. Yes JJ could get us by ark fairly well but the practice time lost would have a season long damage on our offense. These 3 weeks of camp and the first game are critical to development and timing. For a #2qb to be ready to play the entire first game he would have to get probably 2/3 of the preseason snaps. You just can't have a qb getting in this kind of trouble. I don't see it as a minor mistake. I know it is what it is, but you have to wonder if he drives around alone puffing weed with illegal tint how many more serious situations he put himself into. So for us we just have to get over the embarrassment of our qb getting negative press(god forbid this happen to a bammer qb starter, the hypocrisy would be crazy here) . It is always easier to get behind a team or player when they can at least follow the law.

He was not driving around puffing. Had that been the case they'd have tagged him for DUI. It may have been days or weeks since he had a puff, but however long it was it was far enough in the past that the cop let him drive away, determining him to be unimpaired by weed.

didnt the officer smell the weed?

He certainly did. It's easy to smell weed in it's unburned state. The officer asked "where is it located?" A clear indication that he smelled the unburned stuff. Again, had Marshall been using at the time he wouldn't have been permitted to drive away.

That cop must have some bloodhound in him - he's standing outside the vehicle, the car window is down, the weed is wrapped in a bag inside the car and he could sniff it out.

That cop must have some bloodhound in him - he's standing outside the vehicle, the car window is down, the weed is wrapped in a bag inside the car and he could sniff it out.

If it is half decent bud it will be pretty potent. That is why dealers put it in a bag then in a coffee can WITH beans. The beans absorb the smell. Plastic baggy does almost zero to hide the odor.

He certainly did. It's easy to smell weed in it's unburned state. The officer asked "where is it located?" A clear indication that he smelled the unburned stuff. Again, had Marshall been using at the time he wouldn't have been permitted to drive away.

I'd be willing to bet it had been smoked inside the car at some point. Have you ever been around a car owned by a smoker? The odor is almost impossible to get rid of, and easily noticeable from outside the window.

They searched the car pretty thoroughly, so if there had been evidence he was smoking at the time, they likely would have found it and arrested him.

If it is half decent bud it will be pretty potent. That is why dealers put it in a bag then in a coffee can WITH beans. The beans absorb the smell. Plastic baggy does almost zero to hide the odor.

This is what Plaric would do if he was a dealer.

;D Hypothetically of course.

We just finished with this discussion less than a week ago. There's no reason to constantly rehash the same stuff.

Archived